TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Cheers buddy! Interesting to see whether Ronaldo comes back into that line-up.

Also notable is that Anelka starts as a lone striker tonight which means my plan to replace him with Berba may have to be rethought.
Ronaldo has to come back in since Adebayor has a nice healthy suspension :shifty: And to answer your previous comment, aye, I can afford Torres, Drogba and Ronaldo, by replacing Alonso with Mullins, Adebayor with Torres, Robinho with Windass (soo many things wrong with that) and Young with Ronaldo.

Phil Scorali is personally raping me by not playing Drogba.

He HAS to play him against West Brom. He absolutely HAS to.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not sure why Scolari is being so stubborn about only playing 1 up front. Drogba + Anelka > Deco + Ballack imo.
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Not sure why Scolari is being so stubborn about only playing 1 up front. Drogba + Anelka > Deco + Ballack imo.
It's because the traditional 4-4-2 scares Chelsea
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well ive given up on Lampard, not done much for a while.. expecting a hattrick from him now :rolleyes:
Gone with Young, Kuyt, Ireland, Ronaldo across the middle with Agbonlahor + Cisse up top...
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
After a disappointing few weeks, I'm definitely picking Eyebrow as my captain this week just for some guaranteed points. Home to West Brom? That can't possibly go wrong can it?

Can it?
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
After a disappointing few weeks, I'm definitely picking Eyebrow as my captain this week just for some guaranteed points. Home to West Brom? That can't possibly go wrong can it?

Can it?
:rofl:

You can always tell people want to play it safe when they make a top 4 defender their captain
guranteed 12 points
Personally, I'm gonna start bringing in some Blackburn personell.
I dont know how long you guys have been playing FF for, but I think in 05/06 Gamst Pedersen was hot property, and for £6.5m I think he's definately worth the buy now

Given
Arbeloa Alex Bosingwa
Ronaldo(c) Deco Gamst Pedersen Geovanni
Santa-Cruz Agbonlahor Crouch

is the dream team for this week, you heard it here first :p:
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'd avoid Pedersen, he has been ***** since 05/06.

Fantasy Cup is back :excited::excited::excited:

1st round I'm up against the equivalent of Northampton Town The guy is ranked 1.5m out of 1.8m total. His team isn't bad, but he has made 14 transfers over the last 3 weeks, including 8 last week, so I hope for some more Hope my 4 point spend this week doesn't see a cupset...

The hilarious thing is that this past week, where most people scored really low, was the qualifying round for the cup, so a lot of the high ranked people are out already :laugh: 31 points would have seen you progress.
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alex could be facing a 3 week suspension for a stamping incident in mondays game, although it's unlikely the FA will do anything. They are looking at the television footage though
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Fantasy Cup

Knocked out in gameweek 18.

View history »

Well, that sucks.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by good mermington)
Alex could be facing a 3 week suspension for a stamping incident in mondays game, although it's unlikely the FA will do anything. They are looking at the television footage though
Fa have confirmed they wont be taking any action.
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ah, thats good i suppose
TI-84
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
I'd avoid Pedersen, he has been ***** since 05/06.

Fantasy Cup is back :excited::excited::excited:

1st round I'm up against the equivalent of Northampton Town The guy is ranked 1.5m out of 1.8m total. His team isn't bad, but he has made 14 transfers over the last 3 weeks, including 8 last week, so I hope for some more Hope my 4 point spend this week doesn't see a cupset...

The hilarious thing is that this past week, where most people scored really low, was the qualifying round for the cup, so a lot of the high ranked people are out already :laugh: 31 points would have seen you progress.
Lets see about Pedersen
How does this Fantasy Championship work?
From the looks of it, in GW18 I lost against my opponent, he got 41 & I got 36, but i cant really find a message saying I've been knocked out

edit: never mind.
I got it :p:

Fantasy cup - Qualifying

Gameweek 18 (20 Dec) is a qualifying round. The top 1,048,576 scorers in Gameweek 18 will enter the first round in Gameweek 19 (26 Dec)
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow I never knew there was a Fantasy Cup! ^^

I was so close to not qualifying though:

"Fantasy cup - Qualifying
Gameweek 18 (20 Dec) is a qualifying round. The top 1,048,576 scorers in Gameweek 18 will enter the first round in Gameweek 19 (26 Dec)"

"Next round
1 The Invincibles Jackal's Jewels
Qualifying round
Qualified for the first round with a Gameweek 18 ranking of 1,021,290."

Only 30,000 people below me qualified! I guess I was lucky then!!!
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My fantasy cup opponent had 9 players this week who didn't play... :rofl: his team value has fallen by almost 4 million, and loads of those players are either long term injuries, have transferred already or have no hope of playing in the next few weeks...
Unless Friedel saves a 10 penalties, I don't think I should lose next week
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Qualifying round

Qualified for the first round with a Gameweek 18 ranking of 873,912.

Opponent has... average players.. who could do well but could equally do just as bad. So might be close?
TI-84
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My opponent is decent
top 300,000 player.
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Robinho has recovered from his ankle injury in time to play on Boxing Day."

:woo: If Drogba starts, this could be a great week for me

Team this week: Reina, Djourou, Bosingwa (c), Alex, Arbeloa, Ronaldo, Ireland, Alonso, Geovanni, Drogba, Robinho.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^Nice team.

Please someone tell me Berbatov in for Anelka is a good idea? I just need one person to confirm it so I can come back and blame them rather than myself.
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
^Nice team.

Please someone tell me Berbatov in for Anelka is a good idea? I just need one person to confirm it so I can come back and blame them rather than myself.
Thanks

It actually doesn't sound like a good idea this week, because Stoke away is much harder than West Brom at home. Can't see Scolari dropping Anelka either
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Which date and time do I have to make my transfers by?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads