Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i just wrote that carbon dioxide combines with water to form a build up of carbonic acid which dissociates to H+ ions... buffers would maintain a constant pH...which prevents respiratory acidosis.
    did anybody mention myoglobin, stored in muscle cells :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    I said that the Hb has a higher afinity than that in other mammals. But that might be wrong :

THIS ^^^
    sounding very good to me
    plus the question said 'suggest ways in which the seal is adapted'
    so they dont have to be ACTUAL adaptations that the seal has, just any viable adaptation i assume

hopefully it'll gain some people more marks :yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6106979&ref=mf

LOL at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    I'm not too sure about this, but I said that they have a high amount of fatty acids which can be respired by entering the Krebs cycle directly. Some ATP made here + reduced NAD. Ummm, can't remember what else I put at the moment.

The paper wasn't thaaat bad, but I didn't like a few of the questions.
    Any marks for mentioning oxidative phosphorylation?

*crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana786)
    Page 95 Question 5 if u use the heinemann textbook

meh..
    using the cambridge OCR one.
    bummerrr

this paper was NOTHING like any past papers i did.
    and i did LOADS. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archen)
    where!? :O
    i did not see this.. *FML also*
    Well it was in the book, check the fb group someone posted on it the page reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCalfine)
    Any marks for mentioning oxidative phosphorylation?

*crosses fingers*
    I'm pretty sure that my answer is wrong after a bit of consideration.

Plus the answer was in a random question in the study guide :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I now know to answer every question in the Heinemann book. Damn you OCR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pur-Rulz)
    I think sweat is also metabolic waste, though.
    It's certainly secreted though, exocrine function.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy partly because the grade boundary is gonna be down spiralling with numerous people complaining so im actually happy in away.

ReputationRep:
    i talked about maintaining temperature

this is what i wrote:

1) thick coat - so heat is not lost through radiation lol
    2) No hairs on the skin - prevent layer of air insulating.

completly out of topic 3 marks down the drain

as soon as i read adaptation i thought it meant how does it survive the cold weather lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    i talked about maintaining temperature

this is what i wrote:

1) thick coat - so heat is not lost through radiation lol
    2) No hairs on the skin - prevent layer of air insulating.

completly out of topic 3 marks down the drain

as soon as i read adaptation i thought it meant how does it survive the cold weather lol
    these could gain you marks still!
    these adaptations keep the body warm in the cold so less energy is needed to maintain temp, ergo less ATP, ergo less oxygen

*fingers crossed for yooo *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archen)
    these could gain you marks still!
    these adaptations keep the body warm in the cold so less energy is needed to maintain temp, ergo less ATP, ergo less oxygen

*fingers crossed for yooo *
    i hope so good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    And we're not even married yet. Imagine in 40 years time. :love:

When you are an attendant in urology. :perv:
    In 40 years time we'll have at least 5 mini Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.s and InvoluntarySlackers! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nana786)
    Page 95 Question 5 if u use the heinemann textbook
    Having one question in the unofficial textbook hardly counts as being on the syllabus lol. I read through the OCR syllabus sooo thoroughly yesterday and there was nada on seals/adaptations to breathing under water or anything of the like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    lol! hahahaha that would be awesome i reckon it will be about 75% for A...they dont usually go lower thn tht do they?
    nvm i better focus on chem now which is wednesday! omg and psychology on friday :O ahh!!!
    Yeh same...I got chem on wednesday and physics on thursday which are gonna be epic fails! haha

yeh...maybe 70% minimum...i seen a few papers like the first unit 1 paper was 70% i think, and a paper we had in physics last year was 62%! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    Having one question in the unofficial textbook hardly counts as being on the syllabus lol. I read through the OCR syllabus sooo thoroughly yesterday and there was nada on seals/adaptations to breathing under water or anything of the like!
    Its a synoptic paper though...although I do think some of the questions were not good...including that seal one! :O

ReputationRep:
    wow this sounds really bad lol - back in the day...central concepts was pretty hard too but probably not like this. I remember 64 for an A, 78 for full marks... (/90)

isnt excretion at the level of the organism and secretion at the cellular level - edit: unless ur a bacterium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnniG)
    Yeah same!! i found out about this question after the exam:mad: Oh well Life goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    wow this sounds really bad lol - back in the day...central concepts was pretty hard too but probably not like this. I remember 64 for an A, 78 for full marks... (/90)

isnt excretion at the level of the organism and secretion at the cellular level
    I have looked at every Central concepts paper and it follows the spec beatifully! it is just OCR is trying to use us as gunei pigs to see whether they can pull it of!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.