Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ha! But we're not nerdy enough to have our own YouTube channel!

We're still very weird. In a nice way! :woo:
    (Original post by punctuation)
    It seems this year's thread is so much closer and obviously weirder than last year's. :lol:

I mean, we have a spreadsheet, a TSR group, a Facebook group, and a heated competition to out Cambridge in page numbers... all in the last 30 pages, I'd say. Plus by this number of pages I think last year's thread was in October or November. We're awesome. Oh, and everybody pretty much knows each other's names.

Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry ftw! I hope we all make it, wholeheartedly.

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone like their tea ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Don't mind, black or white, but got to be strong. Just like how I like my men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Don't mind, black or white, but got to be strong. Just like how I like my men
    That reminds me off a joke I used to tell if people asked me if I wanted coffee. My response 'I'll take my coffee how I like my women, and I dont like coffee'. (I'm gay..).

So is it sad to have a erm... university based screensaver on your comp lol

ReputationRep:
    Where's the TSR group?

ReputationRep:
    Coffee.

ReputationRep:
    It seems this year's thread is so much closer and obviously weirder than last year's. :lol:

I mean, we have a spreadsheet, a TSR group, a Facebook group, and a heated competition to out Cambridge in page numbers... all in the last 30 pages, I'd say. Plus by this number of pages I think last year's thread was in October or November. We're awesome. Oh, and everybody pretty much knows each other's names.

Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry ftw! I hope we all make it, wholeheartedly.
    Has anyone got any Google+ invites? Should we make a Twitter feed? Should we create a MySpace page (it's OK to use it now, as Murdoch's sold it, so we can't make him make any more of a loss)? We need to fully spread throughout the webosphere, to spread the word and recruit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonmeister)
    Has anyone got any Google+ invites? Should we make a Twitter feed? Should we create a MySpace page (it's OK to use it now, as Murdoch's sold it, so we can't make him make any more of a loss)? We need to fully spread throughout the webosphere, to spread the word and recruit.
    At present Google+ locks out anyone under 18 (which most of us are, I imagine)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I can edit the first post to include whatever you like, just make a post with the links to all the things you want included and I'll do it. If you now have a spreadsheet of all the applicants I'll remove all the applicant info from the first post if that's okay. Poke me if you ever need anything like this doing again. Is the OP not active on this thread anymore?

EDIT: Just read the last post on this thread - if you want to attract my attention just quote me in here I'm the main mod in Oxbridge and will usually get round to anything you want me to do within about 24 hours.
    Thanks Zoedotdot! Yes the applicant info in the first post is very out of date, please do remove it. Please can we have the following in the first post?

Links for 2012 Oxford Applicants:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    ffs Worcester is annoyingly popular. My friend went to Oxford on wednesday and he's decided on Worcester too >.< It's for a very different subject though, so I'm sure it's fine

Cheers Yeah, the gardens are absolutely huge. Did you see what the accommodation was like at Worcester?

Oopsydaisy missed this sorry!
    Worcester is really popular, it seemed like one of the busiest colleges when I was walking around on both days :/ But to be honest it was the one that made me :eek: the most (in happiness) so I'd rather get rejected from there than apply somewhere I felt like I had a better chance. Kind of.

The accommodation seemed really nice, obviously some bits are a bit of a way away (across the sports field. Really I'm just being lazy :P ) but they seemed a nice size. Also they mentioned the kitchens are usually between 4-6, but we saw a gigantic one for 10 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Yes How complex is it? I mean, I want to know if I should be reading strategy guides and such....
    I dunno, I think it's quite complex if you want to do the real thing, but there are probably versions for noobs like us as well. I know there are crazy rules and handbooks and things. Also, costuming.

(Original post by Phia7)
    Hey! I'm still alive I was just wondering if you could tell me which of the other critical thinking books (not the textbook, I know that's great) is the best? I think you ordered four of them or something, didn't you?
    Oh, I see what you meant now. I ordered three, Thinking Skills of course, Critical Thinking: An Introduction by Alec Fisher, and Critical Thinking: A Practical Introduction by Anne Thomson.

Mind that the 'textbook' is not actually like a textbook! I got mine in the mail today and it's a paperback book, about 2cm thick! About the same thickness as the practical introduction actually (the third book is slightly thinner).

OH MY GOD! I'm going to make a YouTube channel! No wait I won't, that's pretty pointless... we should have a 'personal' spreadsheet with our real names, locations, etc. though!

So is it sad to have a erm... university based screensaver on your comp lol
    -_- Don't worry, there have been three different photos of St John's rotating as my wallpaper over the past few weeks. I can't help it, it's too beautiful. *cry*

ReputationRep:
    Just got home from school, and found that Cambridge have rang my house and my mobile, urgh they won't leave me alone... i don't want them to dissuade me from Oxford argh!

i like tea! milk and two sugars please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Just got home from school, and found that Cambridge have rang my house and my mobile, urgh they won't leave me alone... i don't want them to dissuade me from Oxford argh!

i like tea! milk and two sugars please
    Always knew that Cambridge is evil... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Always knew that Cambridge is evil... :mad:
    It's true. I for some reason applied to a summer school there but don't really want to go... So i've purposely missed like 4 deadlines, but they don't seem to care for their own deadlines
    Oxford for life, right?

ReputationRep:
    It's true. I for some reason applied to a summer school there but don't really want to go... So i've purposely missed like 4 deadlines, but they don't seem to care for their own deadlines
    Oxford for life, right?
    Oxford for life <3 Haha my sister went to the Cambridge summer school in 2008 and still keeps getting emails and letters from Cambridge, they are REALLY persistent

ReputationRep:
    I'm making a google sites page for us, fellow applicants!

ReputationRep:
    awesome!!! Expanding is always good! We really are raising the bar for the Oxford Applicants 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    Oxford for life &lt;3 Haha my sister went to the Cambridge summer school in 2008 and still keeps getting emails and letters from Cambridge, they are REALLY persistent
    D: WHAT!? Oh dear, if 3 years from now they are stilll trying to contact me then i'm just going to have to jump off a cliff!

Oooh! But Google confuses me, i have NO idea what this new Google+ thing is that people are talking about? O.o

ReputationRep:
    It's not Google+, it's just a simple hub for all our needs. It's more feature-rich than Facebook or TSR groups, and I was bored. Thus, a website was born.

I'll post the link soon, just fixing some odd things on the homepage

ReputationRep:
    Oooh! But Google confuses me, i have NO idea what this new Google+ thing is that people are talking about? O.o
    Google+ is Google's new social network - it's an attempt to take on both Facebook and Twitter in one product

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.