Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    is that 4 raw marks or 4 ums?
    raw

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 - B
    Unit 2 - A*

Overall - A
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So i got an A in both language and lit ....

ReputationRep:
    Guys reply back if your doing a level English Literature and what exam board - I also got full marks on both exams Surely I thought I didn't write that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Same here! :five: Are you guys doing it at A level? I might do it at degree but I'm not sure.
    Lol. I'm not even surprised we got full ums because we probably wrote the same notes on the exam as we discussed on this thread. Do you remember some amazing dude who gave us Slim notes? without him I would have maybe gotten an A.
    Fluked Berling question though, wrote whatever came into my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Same here! :five: Are you guys doing it at A level? I might do it at degree but I'm not sure.
    Woo, well done you! Which books/poems did you study? I'm not, though I did consider it, I presume you are?

ReputationRep:
    In English Lang I got full Marks (raw) in the unit 1H exam 120/120 and in the coursework 106 UMS so got A* overall in Lang in English Lit I got 52/80 UMS in unit 1 (exploring modern texts), 70/70 UMS in unit 2 (poetry) so surprised!! :O and in unit 3 (coursework) full marks 50/50 UMS but as I go a C in unit 1 for literature I got 8 UMS off an A* in total for literature (172 UMS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avor)
    Full UMS marks in English Literature. 200/200(A*) :eek:
    I thought I had got a B in the poetry exam.
    So happy!
    And I'm 4 marks off an A* in my Eng LANG exam, is it worth remarking?
    Well done, well done! I wouldn't bother if I was you, unless you planning on studying medicine. It's a very good score without a re-sit, well done you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Guys reply back if your doing a level English Literature and what exam board - I also got full marks on both exams Surely I thought I didn't write that well.
    Well done you! Same here, I thought I hadn't done that great; I guess exams are meant to be a challenge, if you find it easy you've probably done it wrong

ReputationRep:
    So happy with these results. This thread was the only reason that I managed to get an A*
    Unit 1 I got full ums, which was only down to the fact that everyone predicted the right questions for Omam and Aic!!
    Thanks everyone ☺☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I'm not even surprised we got full ums because we probably wrote the same notes on the exam as we discussed on this thread. Do you remember some amazing dude who gave us Slim notes? without him I would have maybe gotten an A.
    Fluked Berling question though, wrote whatever came into my head.
    I didn't really use the notes on TSR luckily I had a really great English teacher I'm more proud of my Latin grade, taught myself the bloody subject!

You did the Birling question? I thought the Eric one was so much easier!

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I am 4 Ums from an A* which I presume is 180ums. Should I get my papers remarked?

Also, what is 47103 which is where I scored a B??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    You should be okay with college/uni/job applications as most just ask for a C in Language.
    yh i have a C in language

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the AQA paper I this time so hopefully I can find some good info in here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 : 50/80 C ((((((((((((((( ( actually don't know what happened here?)
    Unit 2 : 68/70 A*
    Unit 3: 44/50 A (was hoping it would be moderated up to an A* like my English Langauge coursework oh well )
    Overall : 162/200 A

ReputationRep:
    really happy with my result, got full ums for the literature exams!! was worried cos my controlled assessment wasnt hat good but got an A* overall! this just shows how important it is to write bull**** just make up crazy original interpretations and YOU WILL get the marks xx

ReputationRep:
    It is really nice to see the progression on this thread. Right from two months before the exams to well after results day. I must say it has been a long journey, but there is certainly light at the end of tunnel with full marks in English Literature!

Well done to everybody else as well!

ReputationRep:
    OMG! What was the poem that came up from Relationships? Was in Praise song for my mother?

ReputationRep:
    Relationships.
    What came uP? Was it Praise song for my mother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Ah, I did Conflict, it contained some beautiful poems.

What about the unseen poem?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.