Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Had a bit of a moment earlier.
    Been very down recently and trying to hold on to the hope that im going to see my mum for a few days. As i was very grumpily walking to the drs thismorning i was thinking of ways to keep going. Until a car drove past with another car on a trailer.
    Now most people wouldnt bad an eye lid at this, but it cought my eye, and i noticed it was the same style car that my step dad has built recently, the same type of car thats sat in my mums garage, the same type of car i will get to see tonight.
    Its a rare car, but to make it even more rare was it was nearly the same colour as my step dads!

I genuinly believe that was meant to happen, and i was meant to see that to give me that push to help me through the day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Been very down recently and trying to hold on to the hope that im going to see my mum for a few days. As i was very grumpily walking to the drs thismorning i was thinking of ways to keep going. Until a car drove past with another car on a trailer.
    Now most people wouldnt bad an eye lid at this, but it cought my eye, and i noticed it was the same style car that my step dad has built recently, the same type of car thats sat in my mums garage, the same type of car i will get to see tonight.
    Its a rare car, but to make it even more rare was it was nearly the same colour as my step dads!

I genuinly believe that was meant to happen, and i was meant to see that to give me that push to help me through the day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww Godincideces (like coincidences but clearly there from God) are the best!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What GEG said :yep:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great you had that positive moment to hold onto and I hope seeing your mum really helps.

Love the phrase Godincidences even though darn hard to spell on an iPhone
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by According to Pete)
    Great you had that positive moment to hold onto and I hope seeing your mum really helps.

Love the phrase Godincidences even though darn hard to spell on an iPhone
    Hello! I'm not sure we've met before! Are you a new member, or are you an oldie with a username change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Awww Godincideces (like coincidences but clearly there from God) are the best!!
    Yep deffinately helped me! If only it happened on the way back when i had a 20 minuet walk in the rain

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yep deffinately helped me! If only it happened on the way back when i had a 20 minuet walk in the rain

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I quite like walking in the rain...maybe that's just me though!

ReputationRep:
    Y'all better listen to this.. Because 'the Lord has been so good!'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FabX...=RDtDTTktssG8A
    This girl is blessed and a half!

ReputationRep:
    Once again, technological difficulties have kept me away. I am popping to brighten your lives with something wonderful. <insert penis joke here>

Today, we Orthodox types celebrated St Mary of Egypt by singing the full Great Canon (sadly, not an actual canon) with her Life read as part of the service. Here it is http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/maryegypt.asp

Now, aside from reading like a tale written by the offspring of Marquez and Eco, it is an inspiring story of repentance and ascetic effort. The whole Church could learn a lot from Mother Mary. I would certainly like to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Matins with the Great Canon of St Andrew of Crete is one of my favourite services, if a tad lengthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Apologies for the shameless plug, but would any of you guys be interested in taking part in a religion-atheism experiment I'm doing on one of the other threads? Basically, the idea is that a religious person and an atheist/agnostic teach each other for a week (via PM or whatever) about whatever they believe (but don't just argue/debate). Then they post on the thread about what they learned. There's a lot of misunderstanding going on on TSR, so hopefully this would help foster better relations between both sides :yep:

Let me know on the thread if you want to join - we need people from both sides to make this work!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2639877

Alternatively, if as Christians you think the idea is stupid, please tell me why lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serendipitee)
    Hey all

Apologies for the shameless plug, but would any of you guys be interested in taking part in a religion-atheism experiment I'm doing on one of the other threads? Basically, the idea is that a religious person and an atheist/agnostic teach each other for a week (via PM or whatever) about whatever they believe (but don't just argue/debate). Then they post on the thread about what they learned. There's a lot of misunderstanding going on on TSR, so hopefully this would help foster better relations between both sides :yep:

Let me know on the thread if you want to join - we need people from both sides to make this work!

Alternatively, if as Christians you think the idea is stupid, please tell me why lol
    Think this is a brilliant idea! Unfortunately I'm not going to have access to the internet regularly for the next week so I can't take part. :sad: But I would of if I could of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Think this is a brilliant idea! Unfortunately I'm not going to have access to the internet regularly for the next week so I can't take part. :sad: But I would of if I could of!
    Thank you No worries, you can join actually! The first group is already talking to each other, but I'm going to keep adding people to the list as they want to sign up. There should still be people interested in a week (I'm good at keeping threads alive, lol) so just post in there when you get your Internet access back then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I quite like walking in the rain...maybe that's just me though!
    So do i but not at half 9 in the morning 2 hours before going on holiday :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    So do i but not at half 9 in the morning 2 hours before going on holiday :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah no, defs not then :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Sounds like a nice idea, hope you find people to do it

I used to be an atheist so I'm not sure what I could possibly have to learn, but might be interesting for people who have always been Christians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Sounds like a nice idea, hope you find people to do it

I used to be an atheist so I'm not sure what I could possibly have to learn, but might be interesting for people who have always been Christians.
    Thanks - yeah, we have about 15 people already so the first lot have already started teaching each other stuff!

Really? I've never met a Christian who was an atheist before, didn't even think that was possible *surprised* We're doing it across religions as well though (so you can buddy up with people of other/different religions) because there are more religious people than atheists, so if you want to join we can put you with a Muslim or something instead of an atheist
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry for the lack of prayer intentions - things have been a bit dry this end, prayer-wise :getmecoat:

Given that the Vatican has announced it is launching an inquiry into the conduct of the former Cardinal O'Brien (this story was in the news about a year ago), I have suggested in Cath Soc that we pray that the truth will prevail. We are praying for all those who will be investigated and all those involved.

Do feel free to join in with our prayers, as you see fit

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - yeah, we have about 15 people already so the first lot have already started teaching each other stuff!

Really? I've never met a Christian who was an atheist before, didn't even think that was possible *surprised* We're doing it across religions as well though (so you can buddy up with people of other/different religions) because there are more religious people than atheists, so if you want to join we can put you with a Muslim or something instead of an atheist
    I'll admit we are a rare breed, but we have some big names - C.S. Lewis, and Alister McGrath for example Sounds great that you've got so many people Awkwardly I was have been a de facto Muslim for a while too! Before I was an atheist I was trolling TSR about scientific miracles in the Qur'an - never actually worked up the courage to go to the mosque and take my Shahaddah though, and then an ex-Muslim talked me out of it... I also studied Islam for 4 years. I might still be interested in that though - Islam is a big interest of mine and I pretty exclusively stick to Christian Theology in my degree so it might be nice to get a refresher course in Islam! don't know how well I'd be able to represent my latest religion though - only been at it about a year.. So I would be interested in pairing up with a Muslim, or could you let me know if there are members of any other religions (Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, etc) that would be really interesting!

Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a staunch agnostic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.