Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys, are there any graduates like me who have not heard anything yet? (I felt my interview went well and I'll be really upset if I didn't get some positive news)

Admissions had told me that they are not sending offers in an order, but then why is it that when there are offers we see a batch of students (i.e graduates, school leavers, and re-applicants)? Really confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    Guys, are there any graduates like me who have not heard anything yet? (I felt my interview went well and I'll be really upset if I didn't get some positive news)

Admissions had told me that they are not sending offers in an order, but then why is it that when there are offers we see a batch of students (i.e graduates, school leavers, and re-applicants)? Really confusing!
    Mee... Waiting for a100
    But they wont say they are sending it any order ... This gives them room for manoeuvre for any mistake ...
    I dont know how much truth there is in that specific order .... I guess we have to wait and seee.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Mee... Waiting for a100
    But they wont say they are sending it any order ... This gives them room for manoeuvre for any mistake ...
    I dont know how much truth there is in that specific order .... I guess we have to wait and seee.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I guess you're right! I just hope they haven't finished sending all graduate offers for the A100.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I guess you're right! I just hope they haven't finished sending all graduate offers for the A100.
    I think we are both praying .... Really hard that they haven't ..... ( ok maybe that a bit too desperate but I don't care no more me want an offer real bad ....Lolz... ) .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think we are both praying .... Really hard that they haven't ..... ( ok maybe that a bit too desperate but I don't care no more me want an offer real bad ....Lolz... ) .......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    @general maximus
    I an waiting as well! Btw someone i know (also a grad applying to a100 with 780 ukcat) got rejected today. No news is good news guys!! Hang in theree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuni530)
    @general maximus
    I an waiting as well! Btw someone i know (also a grad applying to a100 with 780 ukcat) got rejected today. No news is good news guys!! Hang in theree

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They made a rejection today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    They made a rejection today?
    Yep. Scary stuff eh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    @general maximus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously?! I also have 780 in the UKCAT, hope I'm not next!

Btw, so you can confirm they have had a status update on a Saturday and that it was a rejection? This could mean offers can be sent out on the weekend?

How did their interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Scary stuff eh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very, do you, or anyone else, know if anyone else has received offers/rejections today?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?! I also have 780 in the UKCAT, hope I'm not next!

Btw, so you can confirm they have had a status update on a Saturday and that it was a rejection? This could mean offers can be sent out on the weekend?

How did their interview go?
    I was just told by a mutual friend. We both go to the same uni. She said her interview went terribly bad but i dont know her personally so dont know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Havn't forgotten you buddy

I really hope you get in and we can meet each other in October!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Havn't forgotten you buddy

I really hope you get in and we can meet each other in October!
    Thanks my ice cream buddy ... I get in ( anywhere lol ) ur in for hagen daz for sure lolz ...
    Many many congratulations on getting in .....
    Much luv

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucey)
    I'm an international as well! Hope we both get offers and meet at Barts next year, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yehh fingers crossed! Good luck to the other applicants too

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to resume giving out offers on Monday or will it start on Wednesday again? Really dont think I could cope with myself until wednesday

ReputationRep:
    how many graduates are on course roughly, the a100 one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physicsrules23)
    Are they going to resume giving out offers on Monday or will it start on Wednesday again? Really dont think I could cope with myself until wednesday
    I hope so! I don't see why they wouldn't resume on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pencilsaregreat)
    how many graduates are on course roughly, the a100 one
    In the 2011/12 cycle there were 136 graduate offers for the A100 and for 2012/13 there were 81 graduate offers.

So far this year only 8 graduates have posted they have an offer for the A100 on TheStudentRoom. Hopefully there should be more offers for graduates soon.

ReputationRep:
    In the 2011/12 cycle there were 136 graduate offers for the A100 and for 2012/13 there were 81 graduate offers.

So far this year only 8 graduates have posted they have an offer for the A100 on TheStudentRoom. Hopefully there should be more offers for graduates soon.
    Why don't graduates stick the the graduate courses and stop making it impossible for undergrads to get into a undergrad course. How do you expect an undergrad to compete with a grad???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_smith969)
    Why don't graduates stick the the graduate courses and stop making it impossible for undergrads to get into a undergrad course. How do you expect an undergrad to compete with a grad???????
    Some grads apply for both A100 and A101 (and are entirely permitted to do so) to increase their chances of getting an offer. However, I believe there's a quota for the number of grads that are allowed on the A100 course, so we're not completely in competition with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Some grads apply for both A100 and A101 (and are entirely permitted to do so) to increase their chances of getting an offer. However, I believe there's a quota for the number of grads that are allowed on the A100 course, so we're not completely in competition with them.
    Not to mention there are hundreds of undergraduates who have a better profile/application than us graduates.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.