Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2013-2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Indie Rock
    The Strokes? The National? (That's what came under indie rock on last fm so idk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I'm thinking of going to History lessons in my frees to see if I like it. I may contemplate doing 5 AS'.
    i will be attending furthermaths and/or psychology to start with as well to see how they are as i may sit one of those at AS in year 13

ReputationRep:
    Got it already, quality album!
    I was addicted to it
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :nah:

Its just me.

Nothing wrong with mods bar the fact they can be a bit extreme.
    Oh okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    i will be attending furthermaths and/or psychology to start with as well to see how they are as i may sit one of those at AS in year 13
    You're doing Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths right? Further Maths AS would be good and I don't think it's as heavy as other A-Levels if you have mathematical ability.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    What about me! Dinrah04! Nobody remembers me
    Of course I remember you I wasn't sure if you were still around, sorry.

(Original post by The Financier)
    You weren't here in year 10 though :nah: . I think you joined shortly after Aurororororororo left, which was at the end of year 11 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in 8:45-3:00 every day even if I don't have a lesson.
    That's like Beauchamp college! It's like a school because it's a sixth form but they just go in for lessons in year 13:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indie Rock
    Okay, so bands like Bloc Party, The Maccabees, The Kooks, right? Got it. I'll be back in a minute with an album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

You weren't here in year 10 though :nah: . I think you joined shortly after Aurororororororo left, which was at the end of year 11 :yep:
    excuse u lot ive been around from year 10 just not that active

ReputationRep:
    You're doing Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths right? Further Maths AS would be good and I don't think it's as heavy as other A-Levels if you have mathematical ability.
    Yeah and My teacher is pushing for me to 5 ASs but i'm just not sure on the difficulty :/ so i want to play safe and do 4 but then she suggested just sitting in on lessons and going with it to see how it goes as she doesn't have to enter me for the exam until march ish

But then again i dont think further maths will matter much for medicine :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    That's like Beauchamp college! It's like a school because it's a sixth form but they just go in for lessons in year 13:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is a new thing for my school. Before, you only had to attend lessons

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and My teacher is pushing for me to 5 ASs but i'm just not sure on the difficulty :/ so i want to play safe and do 4 but then she suggested just sitting in on lessons and going with it to see how it goes as she doesn't have to enter me for the exam until march ish

History interests me but it's a big risk because I don't really know how good my essay writing is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

I keep trying to get a foot in the thread, but it rarely gets noticed

ReputationRep:
    History interests me but it's a big risk because I don't really know how good my essay writing is.
    haha essay subjects are always risky :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Why don't you do an EPQ? It can be on medicals research effect on society or something....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Why don't you do an EPQ? It can be on medicals research effect on society or something....
    I was going to until i found out my 6th form don't offer it no more :unimpressed::cry2: (i'd already started planning for it :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Indie Rock
    Have you heard of Tokyo Police Club? I'd recommend their 2008 album Elephant Shell.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to until i found out my 6th form don't offer it no more :unimpressed::cry2: (i'd already started planning for it :rolleyes: )
    Meh, any time used up in revising for the 5th A-level can be used for volunteering work and some more extra-curricular stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Opening Post

Start of the thread, bit list of all the subjects and boards people are on
    and done and if nobody answered, it's to be in the OP so when it comes to revision or you don't understand it you can find somebody on the same course as you and they can help you
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion (I always though OP meant other person :laugh: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Meh, any time used up in revising for the 5th A-level can be used for volunteering work and some more extra-curricular stuff
    yeah that's what i thought :-)
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion (I always though OP meant other person :laugh: )
    and no problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.