Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    You've had quite a culture of Scottish players. Gillespie, Hendry, Telfer, Strachan, Speedie, Brazil, Pressley, Gary Mac.
    And now galacticos like Webster and Fleck. I think Fleck had a hard time adapting in particular with the Coventry chippies having never heard of deep fried Mars bars and battered pizza. His waistline has never been the same since he signed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cracking result last night and nice that we got to ease off after 60 mins. So frustrated by Brentford and their comeback but what can you do.

Beat Derby on Friday and let the wobble well and truly set in. Noticed its Bournemouth- Boro and Ipswich-Watford too..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    And now galacticos like Webster and Fleck. I think Fleck had a hard time adapting in particular with the Coventry chippies having never heard of deep fried Mars bars and battered pizza. His waistline has never been the same since he signed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha! Danny Swanson was always a big lad, too. Not surprised he didn't make it at Cov.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Danny Swanson was always a big lad, too. Not surprised he didn't make it at Cov.
    He is still with us I believe. One of many Pressley signings he quickly decided wasn't good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How Callum Wilson's disallowed goal didn't stand I'll never know. 100% goal.

ReputationRep:
    Agree, didn't even charge the keeper down - awful keeping from Moore.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Agree, didn't even charge the keeper down - awful keeping from Moore.
    Moore seemed to think '**** this, I'll kick it at him'. Fail to see how it was Wilson impeding him.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been here in a while... Only lost three games this year, one was a woeful performance at Huddersfield, another game ruined in the 1st at Bournemouth, and Norwich was 0-0 until Hoolahan cheated. Yes, Forestieri cheated the week after, I condemn that too. Jokanovic is a genius, Deeney is a hero etc etc. You get my drift.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you need to be a yard from the keeper and watching it back, he does slightly move in a way in an attempt to put the keeper off. Its a good decision I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    I believe you need to be a yard from the keeper and watching it back, he does slightly move in a way in an attempt to put the keeper off. Its a good decision I think.
    There is no set distance, any attempt to stop the keeper from releasing the ball is an indirect free kick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Not buying it. Dreadful decision imo.

ReputationRep:
    We really ought to be beating Fulham tonight, they've achieved just 5 points from their last 8 league games. I'd love a convincing win for once, at this stage when there's nothing to play for for us instead of playing out a safe win if we take the lead I want to really see us get stuck into Fulham, rattle some goals in, as we never score many goals in games. Forest seem pretty certain to beat Rotherham too.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think to Luton Town renaming Kenilworth Road to the Prostate Cancer UK stadium for 1 game? As a fan im dissapointed to see the kenny losing its name considering it has stayed the same for 110 years, but its for a good cause and more clubs should be doing it to raise awareness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gghjk)
    What do you guys think to Luton Town renaming Kenilworth Road to the Prostate Cancer UK stadium for 1 game? As a fan im dissapointed to see the kenny losing its name considering it has stayed the same for 110 years, but its for a good cause and more clubs should be doing it to raise awareness.
    Stadia have been called worse names in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Renaming for one game, even if for a good cause, seems very pointless. It'd be better to change the kit for the match imo

ReputationRep:
    Forest 2-0 up at HT, that's the points in the bag for them. Southend lead League 2 leaders Burton 0-1 & we're getting peppered by Fulham but still clinging on at 0-0.

Edit: Against the run of play we take the lead courtesy of Sam Byram, great header from the young academy graduate

ReputationRep:
    Bamba consolidating the victory, with Fulham down to 10 men from the 52nd minute, I'm a little disappointed that we only scored 2, we should've gone hell for leather.

....and it's 0-3, Antenucci scores the third. A decent days work, been a while since we won a game convincingly...although we had 7 attempts in total & Fulham had 26

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Bamba consolidating the victory, with Fulham down to 10 men from the 52nd minute, I'm a little disappointed that we only scored 2, we should've gone hell for leather.

....and it's 0-3, Antenucci scores the third. A decent days work, been a while since we won a game convincingly...although we had 7 attempts in total & Fulham had 26
    I flicked on the BBC website 30 mins in and Fulham had 60% possession and 10 shots to your one? Dreadful to go from that to a 3-0 defeat. They're one of the poorest teams in the league outside the bottom 3 in my opinion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bamford took his goal so well last night.

He's really shone in the big games for Boro so far this year, and last night was no exception. He scored two stunners against Ipswich but for different reasons. Last night's goal was a real predatory finish. He reminds me a little bit of a young Fowler. He is such a gifted striker at Championship level. I hope he can replicate it somewhat on the PL stage next year.

Even if Boro don't get promoted (I'm sure they will, though) he should move from Chelsea to further his career.

ReputationRep:
    Not buying it. Dreadful decision imo.
    In terms of the rules it's spot on I think. I'd be angry if it was given against us because its absolutely stupid by the keeper, but I'm hardly gonna complain about Bournemouth getting a bad decision.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 26, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.