Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nads will be there overtake Fed soon just wait till Rio open starts lol! I say nads making improvements in IW-MI and then a better clay court season so by the end of clay season Nads could be no. 2 . Murray may spoil the party for nads due to AO-Wimby

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, good you're back on this thread at least, I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any Rafa fans
    I have no doubt that Nadal will be back in reasonable form by Indian Wells. He can gain points there, but has to defend a Miami final. Clay season was not great last year, so could make up points at Monte Carlo/Rome but could also lose points at Madrid. Then of course there is the French Open - possibly a 10th title there?
    Murray can temporarily jump above Rafa if he wins the AO. I think Rafa could end the season at no. 2, but he'll have to play out the full season. Almost no chance at No. 1 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Well, good you're back on this thread at least, I was beginning to think there wouldn't be any Rafa fans
    I have no doubt that Nadal will be back in reasonable form by Indian Wells. He can gain points there, but has to defend a Miami final. Clay season was not great last year, so could make up points at Monte Carlo/Rome but could also lose points at Madrid. Then of course there is the French Open - possibly a 10th title there?
    Murray can temporarily jump above Rafa if he wins the AO. I think Rafa could end the season at no. 2, but he'll have to play out the full season. Almost no chance at No. 1 though
    no.1 is possible but he needs the slams more, 17>14 thats what matters, Nadal will soon have the greatest record with the most slams, however it doesn't stop there possibly the greatest tournament feat as well. Along with the best consistency the guy has won slam every year since 2005 could this be the 11 year in a row!:eek:, besides this I see many possibilities for Nads. Right now though my focus is on Murray and his stats, I love the way his been returning, Murray was the best returner even last year on Grass:eek: despite not winning queens and Wimbledon, the difference between nads and him was huge with both playing 5 matches. Murray for AO-Wimby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    no.1 is possible but he needs the slams more, 17>14 thats what matters, Nadal will soon have the greatest record with the most slams, however it doesn't stop there possibly the greatest tournament feat as well. Along with the best consistency the guy has won slam every year since 2005 could this be the 11 year in a row!:eek:, besides this I see many possibilities for Nads. Right now though my focus is on Murray and his stats, I love the way his been returning, Murray was the best returner even last year on Grass:eek: despite not winning queens and Wimbledon, the difference between nads and him was huge with both playing 5 matches. Murray for AO-Wimby
    You never post when Nadal loses. I wonder why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    You never post when Nadal loses. I wonder why
    I do Post you see it never says am offline because laptop is on 24/7 and so in phone app but I have other tabs opened like 40

nadal could have done better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I do Post you see it never says am offline because laptop is on 24/7 and so in phone app but I have other tabs opened like 40

nadal could have done better
    So could have Federer. People are saying both Federer and Nad are done. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    So could have Federer. People are saying both Federer and Nad are done. Do you agree?
    Nah both not done, Fed Wimby final easily, won Cincy and Shanghai along with other titles. There still hope for him to get 18, Nadal on the other hand is so injury plagued its unreal, Nadal has potential to do just about anything when hes healthy

Leave it to NaDaL to win 15 soon and 11 years in a row winning a slam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nah both not done, Fed Wimby final easily, won Cincy and Shanghai along with other titles. There still hope for him to get 18, Nadal on the other hand is so injury plagued its unreal, Nadal has potential to do just about anything when hes healthy

Leave it to NaDaL to win 15 soon and 11 years in a row winning a slam.
    I agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Stan/Djokovic at 1 set all. Nole broke in the third, but Stan broke back!

Come on Stan!

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic now 4-0 up in the final set. Difficult to see Stan come back from that. Damn.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Bagelled in the final set.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if Djokovic has ever played so bad and won a match but Stan definitely helped and although we got 5 sets rather than an epic it was just a contest of who can play worse and Stan won, just. I expect Djokovic to improve for the final though. After all the upheaval last season both the men's and women's finals feature the usual suspects...

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic wins! Totally inconsistent though, the match was a very see-saw affair. When Stan played well, he dominated, but he played a pretty bad 5th set

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long was the match

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Big 4 now back as the top 4 in men's tennis, I wonder if this year with Murray back in form it'll be back to the status quo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Big 4 now back as the top 4 in men's tennis, I wonder if this year with Murray back in form it'll be back to the status quo
    How long was the match? I just woke up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    How long was the match? I just woke up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure check the match stats, probably just shy of 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    Not sure check the match stats, probably just shy of 4 hours
    Nice now Murray has a good chance of winning this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nice now Murray has a good chance of winning this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say it's 50-50 Djokovic had the more challenging semi I feel and came through playing terribly if both him and Murray play a good match Novak will win. Happy for both either way though, definitely would be great to reannounce himself as an elite player by winning and of course Djokovic can further add to his legacy, I'm more concerned about him going for RG though...

ReputationRep:
    What a **** match. So many errors. Nowhere near the quality of their previous two AO encounters. And what the hell happened to Stan in the final set? He just imploded. What was the point of winning the 4th set if he was gonna imploded like that in the final set? If this match was so bad, I'm dreading how bad the final is gonna be. Djokovic-Murray is probably the worst match up in tennis. Most of their matches are just plain boring. I'll probably skip it.

ReputationRep:
    With Fedal having both gone out before the QF on 2 surfaces now I think that we are finally seeing their slow decline as inconsistency makes them vulnerable with the negative multipliers arising from that like lower confidence.

With that in mind I see 2 scenarios this year..

1) Being extremely kind to Murray, we could see Djokovic and Murray in all 3 slam finals not on clay, nobody winning more than 2 of the 3. This is because Djokovic will be in finals largely via consistency even if his game is not 2011 like and Murray seems fit again.

2) We see a patchy affair with 2 slams going to the young guns or nobody's. In this sense the US Open could be a harbinger.

The third option which seems unthinkable but possible is that in the vacuum we get Nikishori or Del Potro clearing up and going into the summer slam season with masters titles and streaks to their name.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.