Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    haven´t they already started reviewing applications? I thought I saw some people saying they already got interviews.
    For RBS? Like whom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    For RBS? Like whom?
    someone said that if you get an RBS interview you have to register on some kind of portal where you schedule the interview or something like that.

I concluded that atleast this person got an interview... now im confused :confused:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    For RBS? Like whom?
    I know for a fact that they've already begun interviews, started in the last week of November from the person I know of anyway.

ReputationRep:
    someone said that if you get an RBS interview you have to register on some kind of portal where you schedule the interview or something like that.

I concluded that atleast this person got an interview... now im confused :confused:
    Hmm.. interesting. That email you recieved is generic, as I recall getting my score.

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I know for a fact that they've already begun interviews, started in the last week of November from the person I know of anyway.
    RBS are tweaking. Not a good look.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. interesting. That email you recieved is generic, as I recall getting my score.

RBS are tweaking. Not a good look.
    could you p.m me what %´s it did say in yours? (willing to disclose mine also obviously per p.m, just so i get a rough impression what others got)

ReputationRep:
    could you p.m me what %´s it did say in yours? (willing to disclose mine also obviously per p.m, just so i get a rough impression what others got)
    Sure, 60% in numerical
    50% in logicals

Talent Q is a bugger, I know summer interns who had 40% and still got invited to interviews so I wouldn't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, 60% in numerical
    50% in logicals

Talent Q is a bugger, I know summer interns who had 40% and still got invited to interviews so I wouldn't worry too much.
    wat, i only got logicals (also 50%), not numerical lol. Although i did numerical... are they 2 different documents? in that case it might still have to come through

ReputationRep:
    wat, i only got logicals (also 50%), not numerical lol. Although i did numerical... are they 2 different documents? in that case it might still have to come through
    Yeah, they come as two seperate documents. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    can someone confirm have BNPP started rejecting people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    can someone confirm is BNPP have started rejecting people?
    they have, as long as people saying they have been rejected are genuine.

ReputationRep:
    they have, as long as people saying they have been rejected are genuine.

"We will review applications in January 2015 – we are unable to answer any enquiries about the status of your application before this date."

very strange.

ReputationRep:

"We will review applications in January 2015 – we are unable to answer any enquiries about the status of your application before this date."

very strange.
    afaik the rejections are automatic rejections based on not meeting the entry requirements. Haven´t heard of any interviews.

ReputationRep:
    afaik the rejections are automatic rejections based on not meeting the entry requirements. Haven´t heard of any interviews.
    Entry requirements were to be expecting a 2.1 degree and also being able to speak english.

ReputationRep:
    Entry requirements were to be expecting a 2.1 degree and also being able to speak english.
    i saw a few people saying they got rejections. Now i try to search for a valid reason, and there dont come any into my mind apart from that one. But im sorry for trying to help :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i saw a few people saying they got rejections. Now i try to search for a valid reason, and there dont come any into my mind apart from that one. But im sorry for trying to help :rolleyes:
    Haha pal, cheers for the help im trying to search around too for reasons to why people are getting rejected. Either way if rejections have started i hope to be hearing back on my application soon!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this slightly irrelevant, but can you go into Investment Banking with an Engineering degree?
    Also, which one is better? Investment Banking or Engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chromesilver7)
    Sorry if this slightly irrelevant, but can you go into Investment Banking with an Engineering degree?
    You can come in from any background as long as you demonstrate a passion for the financial markets. However your question is very subjective to which one is better, it all depends on your future aspirations and interests. In terms of starting salary and bonuses investment banking attracts the highest graduate starting salary (Bulge brackets offering between 45-50k starting)+ Bonuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chromesilver7)
    For the first questions, yes. University brand may play a role in determining the likelihood.

For the second question, just lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha pal, cheers for the help im trying to search around too for reasons to why people are getting rejected. Either way if rejections have started i hope to be hearing back on my application soon!
    Do you know the dates for BNPP?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the dates for BNPP?
    Yeah, March 30th- April 2nd

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.