The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Original post by pat.bateman
Is your notts offer A*AA? If so, what will you do if you miss the a* and get AAA?

I assumed they would still let me in if I insured them and got AAA. Not so sure after what you said :/ Hopefully they only said that to persuade you to firm it.
Original post by abccba120
I think i just got an offer from UCL?!

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not understand UCL. They say it's a requirement to attend an open day, yet they made me an offer straight on UCAS, without any prior correspondence, let alone an invitation for an open day.
Original post by MrBowcat
I do not understand UCL. They say it's a requirement to attend an open day, yet they made me an offer straight on UCAS, without any prior correspondence, let alone an invitation for an open day.

International?
I think i just got an offer from UCL?!

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, what time did you get this email and what day is your open day? Applied in October and still waiting 😭😭😭
Original post by Wahrheit
International?

Home UK
Reply 2965
Thanks! :biggrin: I'm very surprised tbh cause I added UCL onto my application in mid december.

8.5A*s 2.5As at GCSE
AAAB at AS
Predicted A*AA and an A in Welsh Bac

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats mate, and where about in Wales are you from? I'm doing the joke that is welsh bac too but only because UCL include it as an alternative offer alongside 2 A*s looool
Original post by tomixox
Congrats, what time did you get this email and what day is your open day? Applied in October and still waiting

Thanks :smile:, I got the email around mid-day today & the next open day is 4th March. Have no idea how I'm going to get there yet lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fha96
Congrats mate, and where about in Wales are you from? I'm doing the joke that is welsh bac too but only because UCL include it as an alternative offer alongside 2 A*s looool

Thanks! & I'm from South Wales :smile: Yeah Welsh Bac is just effort I guess, I'm predicted an A but I've pretty much got an A* as I got a distinction in my individual investigation..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2968
Thanks! & I'm from South Wales :smile: Yeah Welsh Bac is just effort I guess, I'm predicted an A but I've pretty much got an A* as I got a distinction in my individual investigation..

Same lol, I live in Newport. Welsh Bac is bare time consuming but its still a qualification aye. Did you do your investigation on something economics related? I compared foreign/government investment in Wales and Switzerland and got a distinction too
Ucl L100 open day invitation for 4th March :smile::smile: Best week ever got 2 offers in a week (Bristol L100 as well) if turning up to open day guarantees me an offer :smile:
Original post by Aso816
Ucl L100 open day invitation for 4th March :smile::smile: Best week ever got 2 offers in a week (Bristol L100 as well) if turning up to open day guarantees me an offer :smile:

Congrats! I had the same email as you today & I also have a Bristol offer :biggrin: Will probably see you there on the 4th :smile:
Original post by MrBowcat
Home UK

Weird, maybe you're special ^^
Original post by fha96
Same lol, I live in Newport. Welsh Bac is bare time consuming but its still a qualification aye. Did you do your investigation on something economics related? I compared foreign/government investment in Wales and Switzerland and got a distinction too

Omg LOL I'm in Newport too! Which school are you at? & no I didn't unfortunately, I didn't know at the time it should be based on what you want to study at uni but nonetheless I got the distinction so all is good :smile:
Congrats! I had the same email as you today & I also have a Bristol offer :biggrin: Will probably see you there on the 4th :smile:

Yeah congrats to you I'm surprised my only A*AA prediction didn't let me down:biggrin:
Original post by Aso816
Yeah congrats to you I'm surprised my only A*AA prediction didn't let me down:biggrin:

I know what you mean, with the same predictions as you I thought I had a slim chance, even though I personally think I should of been predicted A*A*A :P
Original post by HBS_34
I assumed they would still let me in if I insured them and got AAA. Not so sure after what you said :/ Hopefully they only said that to persuade you to firm it.

I hope so too :tongue:
What are your stats btw?
Reply 2976
Omg LOL I'm in Newport too! Which school are you at? & no I didn't unfortunately, I didn't know at the time it should be based on what you want to study at uni but nonetheless I got the distinction so all is good :smile:

Hahaha I'm at Bassaleg 😂. Wbu? Oh well I'm sure unis won't care what you did it on as long as you got that distinction
Original post by fha96
Hahaha I'm at Bassaleg 😂. Wbu? Oh well I'm sure unis won't care what you did it on as long as you got that distinction

Ahh I'm at St Joes, so I'm guessing you don't do economics at A level since you're not in my economics class? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2978
Ahh I'm at St Joes, so I'm guessing you don't do economics at A level since you're not in my economics class? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I only decided that I want to study economics in uni midway through year 12 otherwise I would've been in your class 😂 I'm mates with a few people in your class tho. Where else have you applied and what are your stats like?
Original post by fha96
Nah I only decided that I want to study economics in uni midway through year 12 otherwise I would've been in your class I'm mates with a few people in your class tho. Where else have you applied and what are your stats like?

Ahh fair enough & yeh I know the 3 you're on about . My stats are on the previous page on this thread. I applied LSE,UCL Bath,Bristol & Birmingham, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest