Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    You going to say yes to the other course....?
    Nah pointless course which zero job prospects. My hearts in law and to give that up to go to some uni I wanted to go to isn't worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmicsparrow)
    Nah pointless course which zero job prospects. My hearts in law and to give that up to go to some uni I wanted to go to isn't worth it
    I hear very good reports about Exeter. If you work really hard you could achieve higher than predicted and apply for other unis through .adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyABr)
    Very well done, congrats👏👏☺️ if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in your lnat and what are your predicted grades?
    LNAT - 27
    Predicted grades - A*AA

Feel free to PM me any further questions

ReputationRep:
    My heard dropped when I got an email from LSE, but turns out they want further information...I think they're trying to get my hopes up when they'll end up rejecting me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    My heard dropped when I got an email from LSE, but turns out they want further information...I think they're trying to get my hopes up when they'll end up rejecting me
    Nope... last year they sent me an email requesting further info. When my school got back, they sent me an offer within two weeks.

Obviously not a hard rule but you get the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Nope... last year they sent me an email requesting further info. When my school got back, they sent me an offer within two weeks.

Obviously not a hard rule but you get the point.
    That's great! Well, I can only hope for the best...Did your school directly send the info they requested or did you do so yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    That's great! Well, I can only hope for the best...Did your school directly send the info they requested or did you do so yourself?
    Directly (it was info for which they required an official school domain).

But it does depend on what they asked you specifically...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Directly (it was info for which they required an official school domain).

But it does depend on what they asked you specifically...
    They just said they wanted a scanned transcript or information about my grades so far (I'm attending a Canadian high school)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    I hear very good reports about Exeter. If you work really hard you could achieve higher than predicted and apply for other unis through .adjustment.
    Have you heard of many getting into top Unis for adjustment for Law? I've looked around and was surprised to see that King's were taking adjustment for Law last year..however the lowest they'd accept was 2A* and an A..but still..gives me hope because I feel I am capable of really high grades, just let myself down on the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Uni of Nottingham on Extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    Have you heard of many getting into top Unis for adjustment for Law? I've looked around and was surprised to see that King's were taking adjustment for Law last year..however the lowest they'd accept was 2A* and an A..but still..gives me hope because I feel I am capable of really high grades, just let myself down on the LNAT.
    Yes I have. As long as you achieve higher than predicted and have the universities required grades and above. Remind me of which universities you have offers from.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have. As long as you achieve higher than predicted and have the universities required grades and above. Remind me of which universities you have offers from.
    it's a bit weird no to jump onto TSR as a mum? kinda defeats the whole purpose of this website lol

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from East Anglia (with American Law), Queens and Newcastle. I'm gonna make Newcastle firm. Rejections from UCL and King's (King's was always my first choice). Also applying to Irish universities but won't know till August. I do feel confident that I can achieve 2A* and 2A this year as I got 3A's and B at AS..I am reaaally hoping KCL are in adjustment again, I e-mailed them about it but they said they won't know that for a while. Fingers crossed. It kinda motivates me to work harder this year though!

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from East Anglia (with American Law), Queens and Newcastle. I'm gonna make Newcastle firm. Rejections from UCL and King's (King's was always my first). Also applying to Irish universities but won't know till August. I do feel confident that I can achieve 2A* and 2A this year and am reaaally hoping KCL are in adjustment again, I e-mailed them about it but they said they won't know that for a while. Fingers crossed. It kinda motivates me to work harder this year though!
    My son's still waiting for LSE. He's also applied to Trinity but not that keen. You don't find out until day of results. Trinity and UCD are very good universities and Trinity is highly regarded in America. Newcastle for law is also considered good. Would you like to study in Dublin?

ReputationRep:
    My son's still waiting for LSE. He's also applied to Trinity but not that keen. You don't find out until day of results. Trinity and UCD are very good universities and Trinity is highly regarded in America. Newcastle for law is also considered good. Would you like to study in Dublin?

Well it's looking pretty good for him as I have heard of a lot of rejections from LSE! I think I would choose Trinity over Newcastle, just because the uni is slightly more reputable but I'm not in love with either of them. Even though I know they're both great uni's there's something about studying in London that excites me so much, it just seems so full of opportunity and I visited recently and it just seems like the perfect place for me. But a good degree is more important so I won't be downgrading to any less reputable uni's just to study in London. I'll definitely try adjustment though for King's, fingers crossed they're in it again. I think there's a good chance because there will definitely be those who miss their grades completely and if someone comes along with 2A* why shouldn't they let them in? Especially because they've been in it before so it shows they're open to it. Also I've heard something about less of a limit on the amount of students universities now let it with top grades (don't know if that's true). It gives me something to work harder for either way

ReputationRep:
    Well it's looking pretty good for him as I have heard of a lot of rejections from LSE! I think I would choose Trinity over Newcastle, just because the uni is slightly more reputable but I'm not in love with either of them. Even though I know they're both great uni's there's something about studying in London that excites me so much, it just seems so full of opportunity and I visited recently and it just seems like the perfect place for me. But a good degree is more important so I won't be downgrading to any less reputable uni's just to study in London. I'll definitely try adjustment though for King's, fingers crossed they're in it again. I think there's a good chance because there will definitely be those who miss their grades completely and if someone comes along with 2A* why shouldn't they let them in? Especially because they've been in it before so it shows they're open to it. Also I've heard something about less of a limit on the amount of students universities now let it with top grades (don't know if that's true). It gives me something to work harder for either way
    Yes, the gov lifted the cap on the amount of students. Sadly it doesn't apply to Oxbridge or LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the gov lifted the cap on the amount of students. Sadly it doesn't apply to Oxbridge or LSE.
    tbh he sounds like he's already ready to become a lawyer or even better a lecturer at Harvard

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Kings and now I'm torn between them and UCL. Unlike pretty much everyone else, I really don't care about prestige, the blah blah magic circle, and all this other junk. I want a university that will let me get stuck into research and advocacy from the start and that's taken seriously when it comes to changing policy on things like pluralism and so on.

So I guess this is probably the completely wrong place to ask if anyone has any ideas as to which is better for those between Kings and UCL.

ReputationRep:
    The only ones currently in extra that I like are QMUL, Exeter, Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    Uni of Nottingham on Extra?
    I highly doubt it... Although on the FAQs they have said you can apply after 15th Jan provided there are spaces

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.