Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwaisB)
    I have a question, if I have an offer from a uni for a course but don't want to do that anymore and want to go into clearing, how do I go about doing this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You call them up first thing tomorrow. Explain that you won't be taking up a place with them and ask them to arrange for you to be placed into clearing and what they need from you in writing to make sure that's what shows on track on the 18th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    It was... literally sat in the exam, cried all the time and was so shaky that I had to move exam room and during that time I was getting moved... I was thinking in my head and making up things to try and fit into the question.

State crime & postmodernism was the topics I was never taught/given materials of from my teacher so when I saw the 21&33... that was pretty much it.

Crime prevention I never got informed of as a topic let alone taught :/ my teacher was just **** ((

The only thing that went decent was the 15 marker for methods in content... but that isn't even good enough for a E ://

Thank you though, good luck for you too I'm sure you're in a much better position than me ah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No probs
    Your teacher sounds awful
    Post modernism was such a boring and dull 33 marker
    Tbh I used much of my knowledge from AS....like the family and just tried to use common sense. But my 21 markers were awful to say the least
    ScLY3 well...everybody seemed to find it easy...but knowing me lol won't be surprised if I didn't do that well......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC1996)
    Universities were notified today of GCSE results and my track updates to unconditional x
    Thanks! And well done!!

ReputationRep:
    Universities were notified today of GCSE results and my track updates to unconditional x
    Ummmm are you sure? I'm pretty sure GCSE offers aren't sent out until GCSE results day.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else come to the realisation that they'll end up at their insurance uni? I'm totally fine with it, but can't be bothered having to tell everyone and hear their pity on results day:argh::excited:

ReputationRep:
    Universities don't get GCSE results sent to us at all. The exam boards have no agreement with UCAS to share GCSE results.

See https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...g-exam-results

If your university has accepted you before you have your results that's because they've decided that your grades as they stand are acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S F)
    Has anyone else come to the realisation that they'll end up at their insurance uni? I'm totally fine with it, but can't be bothered having to tell everyone and hear their pity on results day:argh::excited:
    I keep trying to tell people I'll be at my insurance but they won't accept it. I've accepted it, they need to now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PQ

I got a response from Cardiff:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request to the School for their consideration once we have received the results from UCAS."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I keep trying to tell people I'll be at my insurance but they won't accept it. I've accepted it, they need to now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly! Everytime I talk about it they act like its something to be upse about but I'm so over it now and just want them to realise that!:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    PQ

I got a response from Cardiff:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request to the School for their consideration once we have received the results from UCAS."

That's fine - that's all they can do until the results come in.

If they know your wishes then they can make sure you're put in clearing by the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys please help... I (stupidly) emailed a psychic who gave me a free tarot reading- I asked about exams because I'm literally desperate at the moment. She said that it's not good news because I have bad luck so now I think I'll fail. Am I being gullible?!

ReputationRep:
    why would you beleive a psychic though ... sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S F)
    I feel like I haven't even gotten into my insurance, and it will be clearing for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Ok guys please help... I (stupidly) emailed a psychic who gave me a free tarot reading- I asked about exams because I'm literally desperate at the moment. She said that it's not good news because I have bad luck so now I think I'll fail. Am I being gullible?!
    Psychics are experts in using the little information they have to provide a best judgement guess.

THink about it, if you were 99% confident in you having done really well in exams, you wouldn't ask about results day.

However since you asked, it implies you have strong doubts, which hugely increases the chances you did actually fail. Additionally, I'm sure you worded it in such a way that this is further implied. You're just being fooled, the psychic profession is all a lie. It's like magic, but they never revealed their tricks so nobody assumes there are these tricks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm are you sure? I'm pretty sure GCSE offers aren't sent out until GCSE results day.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure. My status has changed to unconditional and I've had an email from my uni saying they've been notified of my grade from the exam board and they've changed my status. I can read thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Universities don't get GCSE results sent to us at all. The exam boards have no agreement with UCAS to share GCSE results.

See https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...g-exam-results

If your university has accepted you before you have your results that's because they've decided that your grades as they stand are acceptable.
    The exam board has notified my university, who then updated my status on track to unconditional. I received an email from them today. As has most people doing midwifery who are awaiting GCSE maths thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Psychics are experts in using the little information they have to provide a best judgement guess.

THink about it, if you were 99% confident in you having done really well in exams, you wouldn't ask about results day.

However since you asked, it implies you have strong doubts, which hugely increases the chances you did actually fail. Additionally, I'm sure you worded it in such a way that this is further implied. You're just being fooled, the psychic profession is all a lie. It's like magic, but they never revealed their tricks so nobody assumes there are these tricks.
    Yeah I was sceptical. Actually, I'm quite confident in my grades, I just hate to get my hopes up and have a high degree of impatience I'll never do it again.

ReputationRep:
    The exam board has notified my university, who then updated my status on track to unconditional. I received an email from them today. As has most people doing midwifery who are awaiting GCSE maths thanks
    Which exam board? I can recommend to my employer that we direct applicants their way if we're able to get gcse results directly this long in advance- we have to wait for applicants to email scans of their results slips on gcse results day to make decisions for gcse resit applicants.

Do they know your university has disclosed your grade to you? A university doing that with A level grades would be in breach of contract with the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    I hope UCAS track opens before 8am like last year.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    That's fine - that's all they can do until the results come in.

If they know your wishes then they can make sure you're put in clearing by the 18th.
    PRSOM 😊

Thank you so much, it's helped to reassure me... I'm just terrified I'll be kept waiting too long and the BU places will be filled. Do I need to email my insurance too?

What if BU doesn't like me enough to offer me a place if I get the grades? Argh there are too many what ifs atm 😢 I hate anxiety.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.