Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyTonge)
    Can you even predict what you've got in English using grade boundaries?? That's what annoys me the most about English, there's no right or wrong answer and it depends on the examiner you get whether you get the marks or not😩
    Not possible tbh. I'm absolutely clueless about how I performed in English and history so it will be a surprise for me on Thursday and hopefully a good surprise. And the fact I'm taking it next year as well do my condition will rather be the same

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the English Literature examiners can see I have a lot of knowledge about Of Mice and Men, Heroes and An Inspector Calls. I messed heroes up, as usual, but I shoved everything I knew about all 3 books into the questions and somehow made it relevant. I just hope I did enough for that A*, otherwise I will be absolutely gutted. You'll see me in the corner of my school crying over getting an A and not an A*😩😂

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the English Literature examiners can see I have a lot of knowledge about Of Mice and Men, Heroes and An Inspector Calls. I messed heroes up, as usual, but I shoved everything I knew about all 3 books into the questions and somehow made it relevant. I just hope I did enough for that A*, otherwise I will be absolutely gutted. You'll see me in the corner of my school crying over getting an A and not an A*😩😂
    I already did my English literature gcse last year and got an A. Good luck to you for that one. Last year aqa examiners for English lit were extremely harsh. All the A grade students ended up with Bs and Cs. Only one girl in the entire year got an A* and that was k my after a remark. How was the literature exams this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    I already did my English literature gcse last year and got an A. Good luck to you for that one. Last year aqa examiners for English lit were extremely harsh. All the A grade students ended up with Bs and Cs. Only one girl in the entire year got an A* and that was k my after a remark. How was the literature exams this year?
    Yes I did lit last year and the rest this year. I am predicted 7 A/A*s this year but I got a C in English Literature last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlevelBiologist)
    Yes I did lit last year and the rest this year. I am predicted 7 A/A*s this year but I got a C in English Literature last year
    It's a harshly marked gcse due to the fact it's so subjective.

ReputationRep:
    The Of Mice and Men questions were hellish, ahaha! I answered the theme question concerning Poverty- hopefully I'll come out with an A*, as I've been getting A*'s consistently.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys think of edexcel English language and lit exams??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Btw what college or sixth form are you all planning to go to
    All saints academy Cheltenham sixth form, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    majority of us are just excited to know what edexcel maths fade boundaries will hit this year. And aqa science too..
    honestly i think the most asked question on this thread has been 'what do you think the grade boundaries for edexcel maths will be'
    bit less than 12 hours (hopefully) and we'll find out

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i hope you do okay!!!! i don't take my GCSE's until next year lol but i'm sure you'll have done brilliantly

(Original post by romansholiday)
    I'm honestly sh*ting myself already, I've flopped my exams so far lol.

What you think you've got:
    A string of As and Bs (mostly Bs lol) - I'm really not sure if exams went well or not!

Predicted grades:
    8 As 3 A*s (plz that's definitely not happening lmao, I'll be lucky for a single A*..)

What you've actually got:
    :cry2:

How are you feeling about results day?
    Not too good, already had nightmares about it

How are you going to open your results?
    As I am casually strolling out of the school - if they're good I'll scream and run back to school, but if they're bad I'm running home byeeeeeee.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
    Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
    I would LOVE to! I'm a bit camera shy though, and I don't want to come across ungrateful if I don't get the results I want, because everyone has different expectations of themselves...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    All saints academy Cheltenham sixth form, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Either university of Birmingham sixth form if I get my As or Joseph chamberlain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    honestly i think the most asked question on this thread has been 'what do you think the grade boundaries for edexcel maths will be'
    bit less than 12 hours (hopefully) and we'll find out
    Exactly. I think it's being exaggerated how high the boundaries are going to be. It will be high but not sky high. I can't wait for it to come out. This is the one subject for which I will officially know my grade after the release

ReputationRep:
    Btw what college or sixth form are you all planning to go to
    Landau Forte College, Derby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlevelBiologist)
    Landau Forte College, Derby
    I live in Birmingham so unaware of these colleges

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for a grammar school sixth form and I'm really worried I won't get in. If I don't I'll have to go to my current state schools sixth form which I really don't want to do. Also I sprained my ankle badly during my exams too so I was on crutches for most of them, I think it only affected one of my exams which was english lit which I was expecting A* in but it's not going to be that now hopefully still an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlee45)
    why can't we just get our results sent to us? the fact that we have to all go to the school and collect them one at a time makes it 10 times more nerve wracking
    Not necessarily, it only gets as nerve wracking as you make it. And there is an option to get it emailed to you as well, so no need to go in.

ReputationRep:
    I know that as a mature student I should be above being nervous especially as I only need another 18 marks from a 62 mark paper to get the C I need in English language to get my firm choice place at Uni but I still am.

ReputationRep:
    i'm so impatient for my results right now aaaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    I missed a lot of school due to anxiety related issues so for the last 2 years of my education I went to a pupil referral unit and completed my GCSE'S there. Unfortunately we were not given the full curriculum so I only got 7 D's. I went to college and completed Level 2 Animal Care Diploma and I am now looking at a future as a Professional Dog groomer (which I am starting in september). Whilst I was studying animal care I completed my Maths GCSE and got my grade C which is classed as a pass. This year I got another diploma in employability skills and took my english GCSE exam. I only started going to the classes properly in April of this year as I was too scared to go before that. I was originally looking at maybe getting another D but now I am on track for a high B possible A grade. Just waiting for the wjec english grade boundaries to come out so I have more of an idea of what I achieved but what my point is, is that it's never too late x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiiddle)
    i'm so impatient for my results right now aaaaaaaaa
    I know right, me too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.