The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

ibysaiyan
erm ...

LOL that dude is mad - ignore the uni-level stuff there is no point learning something beyond our sylabus.
MadMaths

electrons travel in pairs..btw

Thats Z-scheme i think btw. don't forget the limiting factors T.T, i really hate those questions.
ibysaiyan
Thats Z-scheme i think btw. don't forget the limiting factors T.T, i really hate those questions.

yh it is.

what u mean limiting factors T.T???
Remarqable M
LOL that dude is mad - ignore the uni-level stuff there is no point learning something beyond our sylabus.

LOL .... who?anyways ...oh yea gotta remember what Nicotine does,Botox and organic phosphorous fertilizers to nerve transmission :P
MadMaths
yh it is.

what u mean limiting factors T.T???

T.T is just a smiley well meant to be nvm that.
Homeostasis gotta be the driest topic of all in this module.
ibysaiyan
LOL .... who?anyways ...oh yea gotta remember what Nicotine does,Botox and organic phosphorous fertilizers to nerve transmission :P

Ahhh nicotine can have fatal effect....it takes the shape as the sodium ions. so it can bind with sodium receptors on postsynaptic membrane continuously creating action potentials. organic phosophorous fertilizers can inhibit the enzyme acetylcholinsterase thus creating continous action potentials.

where as botox has the opposite affect.
ibysaiyan
Homeostasis gotta be the driest topic of all in this module.

it is the most boring stuff ever.

what does nicotine, botox and orangic phosphorus do to nerve transmitters? i must have been off when we covered that or something :confused:
Tinkerbelle &#9829

what does nicotine, botox and orangic phosphorus do to nerve transmitters? i must have been off when we covered that or something :confused:

LOL haven't covered either, but as far as I know were not meant to know that stuff.
Tinkerbelle &#9829

Nicotine has same shape as the transmitter substances and binds down to the protein receptors on the post-synaptic end for a longer time,as they dont break down easily which means a continuous flow of AP.
BOTOX: botlinum Toxin is a toxic made by some bacteria anaerobically, where i believe it inhbits the exocytosis of vesicles to the cleft, while fertilisers such as organic phosphorous inhibits acetyl cholinesterase causing a continuous fire of AP.
Remarqable M
LOL haven't covered either, but as far as I know were not meant to know that stuff.

No i haven't come across it and didn't know we were meant to. Doesn't say anything about it in my bible. (CGP revision guide :biggrin: )
Tinkerbelle &#9829
No i haven't come across it and didn't know we were meant to. Doesn't say anything about it in my bible. (CGP revision guide :biggrin: )

we should be knowing that well least about nicotine xD
(it was on f212), and i have seen a question floating around in one of the past papers ..
ibysaiyan
we should be knowing that well least about nicotine xD
(it was on f212), and i have seen a question floating around in one of the past papers ..

ooo ok it shall be added to my notes with immediate effect then in that case!
Functions Of Synapses

1) one way flow of action potentials
2)divergence and convergence of nerounes (i.e 1 nerone to many) or (many nerones to one)
3)low generator potentials can be ignored
4) all or nothing action potential
Do we need to know about G-protein =/? i see it in the textbook .
MadMaths
Functions Of Synapses

1) one way flow of action potentials
2)divergence and convergence of nerounes (i.e 1 nerone to many) or (many nerones to one)
3)low generator potentials can be ignored
4) all or nothing action potential

Add to that Memory and learning as well .
Reply 297
InvoluntarySlacker
You can call it Rubisco Bisphosphate then abbreviate it to RuBP.

It's ribulose bisphosphate.. rubisco is the enzyme...
AnniG
It's ribulose bisphosphate.. rubisco is the enzyme...

And so it is. :facepalm2:

The same applies. :colondollar:
ibysaiyan
Do we need to know about G-protein =/? i see it in the textbook .

i dont know, but if we do...then i think we might need to know about glycogen phosphorlase aswell...they dont explain it well in the ocr biology book. does it say in the spec?

ignore the complex stuff and look at the overall picture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending