Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shemi)
    i have an interview in late march for the dental hygiene and therapy course at cardiff. i'm not so nervous about the panel interview, but does anyone know what kind of lab work they will ask us to undertake?
    a few people who have already had their interviews said they didnt do lab work so if they didnt do it for some would doubt they would do it for one group. what date ur interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJH090384)
    yeah i chose both but was only offered interview for therapy.

just received rejection from liverpool for diploma
    hey i got a letter this morning too from liverpool, got rejected. Gutted! gutted for you aswell.
    Good luck with cardiff, im going to try and get on an access course now.
    well gutted x

ReputationRep:
    im not too bad at least i have the interview for cardiff to look forward too. wasnt horrendously fussed on liverpool tbh but hey! fingers crossed for cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    hey anny1 started their student finance by any chance!? ive gt 2 a conclusion, if i apply for bham, i cnt apply for a maintenace loan meanin my dad will av pay for all my accomdation n food travel everythin ect unless i get a loan by the bank but thats awkward with interest ect i dnt knw wht 2 do? n surely they must have some sort of loan for students nt legible for bursary? but student finance england say apparently not! if any1 comes up with something let me knw please! im nt impressd. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    a few people who have already had their interviews said they didnt do lab work so if they didnt do it for some would doubt they would do it for one group. what date ur interview?
    it's on the 24th march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HT2010?)
    Hiya, have you had your interviews yet? If so hope it was all good.
    You mentioned maybe doing dental nursing first if things go pear shaped. i have just done the dental nursing course at Barts ( Kings do one too) thats PAID... yup, paid! 12months, either march or sept start, and you do hospital diploma and/or national cert. i loved it, really sad to finish Learnt heaps and seen so much cool stuff working in hospital, its well worth it but good luck with your HT apps
    Hi yeh i had the interview...I tried my best but I'll just have to wait and see now. Urmm im still not sure yet as to what I'll be doing if I dont get a place for DH&T this year but thanks for the info about Dental nursing I will make a decision after I hear from Portsmouth uni.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i chose both but was only offered interview for therapy.

just received rejection from liverpool for diploma
    Oh really so you haven't been offered an interview for Hygiene? Have you been rejected from Hygiene? That's strange why they would give an interview for one and not the other

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone has had an interview at Eastman ?? got one on friday not sure what to expect ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know when Liverpool will give their offers out for the BSc course??

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone on this thread,
    i just have a few questions cos I'm applying next year for this so any help would be really greatly appreciated!
    1)Do King's college London do a dental hygeine course?
    2) Why is it that a lot of people have been rejected from Liverpool is it the best for it?
    3) Does anyone know where the best unis are to do dental hygiene/therapy or know of a ranking of all the unis that offer it
    Thank you very much for you help and good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dental24)
    Oh really so you haven't been offered an interview for Hygiene? Have you been rejected from Hygiene? That's strange why they would give an interview for one and not the other
    i know random but letter only said therapy!! no mention of hygiene and no rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shemi)
    i have an interview in late march for the dental hygiene and therapy course at cardiff. i'm not so nervous about the panel interview, but does anyone know what kind of lab work they will ask us to undertake?
    Hi Shemi- When did you hear that you had an interview at Cardiff? I've had no reply from them at all, and I'm assuming I'm rejected because people seem to have their interview dates.

ReputationRep:
    rejected from liverpoool

for dental hygiene and therapy, the degree only 4 unis offer the course on ucas. liverpool, manchester, birmingham and portsmouth.

birmingham want the highest alevels of BBB the rest want CCC. liverpool is hard 2 get into because there are onli 8 places on ucas. whilsh bham has 24, manchester and portsmouth have 16/12.

birmingham and portsmouth are NHS funded so you have no tuition fees, ive been to all n i personalli think bham and portsmouth have the best facilities. this is jst my opinion frm wht i saw others may argue otherwise.

theres quite a lot of hygiene and therapy diplomas you can apply for aswel. but most of these are not on ucas. ul need to apply directly to university.

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grippet)
    Hi Shemi- When did you hear that you had an interview at Cardiff? I've had no reply from them at all, and I'm assuming I'm rejected because people seem to have their interview dates.
    give them a call thats what i did!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection today Portsmouth PLEASE give me an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grippet)
    i got my e-mail from them on the 11th february.
    You could phone them up to see what's happening with your application?

ReputationRep:
    Hi.....has anyone heard back from Liverpool for the diploma in dental hygiene therapy????? Iv not heard anything at all yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shemi)
    Hi Shemi.. I had my Cardiff interview at the start of March.. They arent doing lab work anymore for some reason.. Have you applied to the Dental Hygiene course aswell or just the Dental Hygiene and Therapy combined?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LuckyLeaf]Ì have an interview at Liverpool next Wednesday! (March 10th).
    QUOTE]
    Hi, i was just wondering was this for the diploma???

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=twinkel toes]
    (Original post by LuckyLeaf)
    Ì have an interview at Liverpool next Wednesday! (March 10th).
    QUOTE]
    Hi, i was just wondering was this for the diploma???
    No, the degree.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.