Question for Atheists Watch

Greens
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
For example?
For instance, the scientific world is in unanimous agreement that evolution is basically a fact and that the Adam and Eve story is mere fiction. Some Christians and Jews have solved this problem by taking a more symbolic or allegorical intepretation of Genisis. The 'Muslim world', however, with its attachement to a crude, literal reading of religious texts, has been forced in a position where it is in disagreement with almost all scientists. Furthermore, the Quran continuesly suggests that the world is flat. We haveknown, however, for around two thousand years that this is not true.
PimpMobile
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For example?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NRxaRi1pw
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Greens)
Evolution
Where does the Qur'an claim that evolution does not occur?
(I believe Al-Jahiz, one of the first people to suggest a theory of evolution, was actually an Islamic scholar).

the world is round, not flat
Where does the Qur'an claim that the world is flat?
enlightened
Report 8 years ago
Athiests are illogical, hence they make up 2.5% of the worlds population.

:rolleyes:
iffi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Where does the Qur'an claim that evolution does not occur?
(I believe Al-Jahiz, one of the first people to suggest a theory of evolution, was actually an Islamic scholar).

Where does the Qur'an claim that the world is flat?
You go Man! Hi 5!
iffi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by enlightened)
Athiesm makes no sense, hence they make up 2.5% of the worlds population

Haha. HAHAHAHAHA..
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because I can't be ****** with religion. I was brought up a Christian and now that I'm an atheist I don't have to worry about what might happen if God existed and I commit a sin because as far as I'm concerned he doesn't. I don't have to bother with church, grace before meals or ******* annoying evening prayers. my life is simples
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by enlightened)
Athiests are illogical, hence they make up 2.5% of the worlds population.

the amount of people who believe in something doesnt define its credibility.
Alexzap8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've never been associated with such hypocricy, nor do i wish to.
enlightened
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by morecambebay)
the amount of people who believe in something doesnt define its credibility.
Thats true, but in this case i'll make an exception :hahaha:
DaGianni
Report 8 years ago
If "God" can exist without being created by a higher being, then so can the universe. Case closed.
KatieY :)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's a difference between being critical of religion and being an atheist, I would describe myself as agnostic (although more atheist than theist) and do not belong to any particular religion but this does not stop me from having the upmost repect for religion
CharlieDon'tSurf
Report 8 years ago
lol the person who convince's me that God doesn't exist should be ready to receive 10 dead and skinned babies on their conscience.
jrdavid
Report 8 years ago
Science, Darwin, Common sense and the fact that theres so many discrepencies about supposed events
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
He would choose whichever one appears to be true to him, or would choose whichever one provides a useful outlook on life, rather than actually demanding proof for it.

The existence of other minds is something that most of us believe, just because we take it for granted really - it doesn't lead us to any difficulties, and for the most part, just intuitively looks true. It's an example of many people believing something without a "rational, logical proof" provided to them.

So if someone says "I do not require a rational logical proof to believe something" - well I don't really think that's as ridiculous as it might sound.
Well, why it may reduce the absurdity of the opposing statement, I don't see that the poster still need drop his claim. It is easy to still maintain that one should treat the problem of other minds in a rational and logical fashion, even though many choose not to.
didgeridoo12uk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by flowerness)
You dont know that until you've tried it....
i have tried it.
utter waste of time

and also the bible is hardly proof that god exists. there is pretty good proof that jesus existed, but not that he was the son of god.
carcinoma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Holy spirit? Bible stories?
Rudolph? Santa Stories?

Your point?
Libtolu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Holy spirit? Bible stories?
Is Harry Potter proof that magic exists?

Is Eragon proof that dragons exist?

Is Superhero stories proof that we can all get super powers by falling into a vat of toxic goo?

No, bible stories are just literature like the above.

What is the holy spirit? because i don't see,hear,smell,touch or feel this entitiy.
theBOON
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Libtolu)
Is Harry Potter proof that magic exists?

Is Eragon proof that dragons exist?

Is Superhero stories proof that we can all get super powers by falling into a vat of toxic goo?

No, bible stories are just literature like the above.

What is the holy spirit? because i don't see,hear,smell,touch or feel this entitiy.
That stupid. Those were meant to be fictional. The Bible is meant to be the truth. Moreover you can't just dismiss the Bible as lies just the same as you can't dismiss every other non-fiction book as lies. You obviously don't dismiss every other non-fiction book as lies because you have faith in your believes, faith in the authors and their knowledge and faith in your knowledge.
morecambebay
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CharlieDon'tSurf)
lol the person who convince's me that God doesn't exist should be ready to receive 10 dead and skinned babies on their conscience.
why are you smiling at the fact that you're an evil sadistic **** who would kill and skin babies if you weren't afraid of 'god'.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.49%
No (474)
60.85%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.67%

Watched Threads