Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Listen, i'm more likely to lobby for womens rights against violence but if i found out my gf or an ex had done that, i'd beat the **** out of her. What the **** gave you the right to abort his baby aswell without even asking him? He had either a son or daughter ready to be born and you stopped that. You should be thankful you haven't been left with a broken face.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, you can't blame him for being upset - whilst not telling him is understandable I think most people however secular or otherwise would feel betrayed and angry. Seriously though, that does sound a bit over the top so just change your locks and if he keeps harassing you go to the police perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I didn't read the whole thread so I dunno if you're being sarcastic towards me or the person I quoted! :o:
    Hah ahh sarcasm fails hardcore over the internet. I was being sarcastic towards the fool you quoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Pfft.
    i dont see what the problem is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i dont see what the problem is :confused:
    Oh no, you carry on. I just have a hard time believing that a girl who takes slutty pictures of her ass and posts them on TSR for all to see will honour a decision to never have sex.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, you carry on. I just have a hard time believing that a girl who takes slutty pictures of her ass and posts them on TSR for all to see will honour a decision to never have sex.

well since im 28, have been with my bf almost 8 and a half years and those pics were taken ages ago i think its pretty safe to say i have no plans to have sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    I get that you empathise with this guy, to an extent I do too, we've all had our hearts broken at some point. But this guy broke into her house and wrecked it, verbally abused her. She had to hide in her room she was so terrified. That is not a lovers tiff, that's a dangerous angry man attacking her. Would you have done this to your ex girlfriend? Would you have tied her up if she tried to leave you? If I knew my ex would react like that, there's no way I'd tell him if I got an abortion, not if he was going to attack and threaten me.
    I began to sympathise with the guy even before the drama with the abortion. Judging from her mentality in comparison to his, the two are a complete mismatch. He proposed to her several times indicating that the man was more than willing to spend his life with her. Being in a relationship, its understandable that he was extremely attached to her despite her being unable to reciprocate that level of love. These kind of relationships are incredibly painful and confusing for one more so than the other. If you add an abortion, which can be potentially devastating for one emotionally, his reaction doesn't surprise me in the least. Just because he reacted aggressively to her room and the wall doesn't give weight to the notion that he is an aggressive person by nature, as if to warrant less sympathy for him or more for her to ignore her mistakes. That doesn't mean I approve of the way he reacted but considering what he has been going through throughout the relationship and this abortion shock, I simply cannot condemn let alone focus my comment on what is seemingly by comparison a minor scene. We have a punched well and a messed up room. And on the other hand we have a seemingly emotionally and mentally damaged young man who has been forced to acknowledge and accept that he has lost both the girl he loved and a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    well since im 28, have been with my bf almost 8 and a half years and those pics were taken ages ago i think its pretty safe to say i have no plans to have sex
    oh completely. I mean at 28 you're well past your prime, past the menopause and your libido is virtually 0.

Wake up.

ReputationRep:
    oh completely. I mean at 28 you're well past your prime, past the menopause and your libido is virtually 0.

Wake up.
    you wake up, you clearly missed the point where i said i have been with my bf almost 8 and a half years, if we havnt done it by now we clearly arnt going to

dont judge a book by its cover, just because i like taking pics like that doesnt mean im a sex crazed girl or that im going to be, i just happen to like showing off my body, doesnt mean anything

ReputationRep:
    See the edit on my last post. I have no right to judge you, especially not from across the internet, but you sound like a terrible person. You seem to think that as abortion and abstinence are the only 100% ways of preventing childbirth (and you sure as hell dont wanna stop screwing), you're going to forget about contraception, as its not 100% and just use abortion clinics as a super-powerful condom.

You must realise that this is immoral on several levels.
    While I don't necessarily believe as such, it's perfectly plausible to believe that without being immoral, but believing that a foetus isn't yet a life. If you believe life doesn't begin at conception and you're just removing some cells, abortion stops being immoral. Given the strength of drugs or procedures required to perform it it's not a sensible thing to do often, so using it as contraception doesn't seem like a great idea, but the morality of it is very much an opinion.

C'mon you guys, the OP is a blatant troll. It has been a day and she hasn't even replied to this thread and it has nearly 300 replies! This thread probably has been fabricated to cause some chaotic debating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannylj)
    You are sick for a few mornings and have a bump on your stomach. Yeah thats good enough reason to not even consider keeping the baby. You aren't seriously trying to defend her. OP is a selfish, inconsiderate, idiot.
    I'd dispute this. UK law, and most people's morality, says that a woman's body is her own business. If she doesn't want to lend it to a baby, that's her decision. While we'd all like it to be a joint decision, as I know I would, at the end of the day it has to be the woman's right to choose what to do with her body. Now, I would imagine most women have thought about what they'd do if they got pregnant. It may be that she's thought about it long enough to be pretty sure what she'd do, so that, as she said, it was an obvious choice to her.

Faced with her mind made up that she didn't want a baby, especially with a man who very much wants a long-term relationship with her but that she does not want, she had a choice of telling him or not. In that case, it seems nicer to him, who wants a relationship and doesn't like abortions, not to tell him.

You could call the decision to have an abortion selfish, but surely it's far more selfish to force a woman to lend her body to a foetus for 9 months before undergoing a long, painful and quite dangerous operation to end up with a baby she's not ready for with a man she doesn't want a relationship with. Given that she was having an abortion whatever, is it selfish not to tell the man? It would depend on the man. I know I'd like to know, but that's because I wouldn't mind too much. I'm pretty sure this guy would rather he never knew, given his reaction.

I wouldn't continue a relationship with a girl who did this as it shows a lack of trust, but if the relationship had ended, I can understand not going into this with him. I'd be far, far more pissed of if she kept the baby and didn't tell me.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I'm not violent, abusive or a thug, but if I was a guy and my girlfriend aborted my baby without even telling me she was pregnant I'd go pretty ******* mental tbh.
    But would you tie her to a bed post to stop her from leaving you? It seems he was a bit mental before the abortion, hence (partly) the not telling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    But would you tie her to a bed post to stop her from leaving you? It seems he was a bit mental before the abortion, hence (partly) the not telling.
    No...did you read the bit where I said that I wasn't violent, abusive or a thug?

I'm just saying, it's a pretty **** thing for someone to do - regardless of whether or not their partner is "a bit mental".

She should have just left him and stayed away from him. Before she got pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    C'mon you guys, the OP is a blatant troll. It has been a day and she hasn't even replied to this thread and it has nearly 300 replies! This thread probably has been fabricated to cause some chaotic debating.
    My thoughts exactly. Who would pour out such sensitive information to total strangers. Somebody just looking for attention/entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    Fundamentally, if this guy thinks that a foetus is a baby then why wouldn't he flip out? I think he stayed comparatively calm to how I would have reacted. It simply isn't the case that one side is right and one side is wrong, it's morality. If she knew his position, as all men and women who enter a sexual relationship should, she should have not slept with him knowing full well he believes abortion is murder.

Fair enough the OP didn't want to look after a child because it interfers with her life, but he would have almost certainly taken it and cared for it, so really all that baby was asking for was to be carried for a few months in her womb - a small sacrafice to make compared to killing your own child for a mistake you made.

Look on the bright side! If you told him you might have had to marry him or something, and have a baby. At least now you can move on with your life. Call the police and tell your boyfriend to stay away lol! I personally wouldn't be that bothered if my gf did this. I mean I just agree with the "your body thing" (pro-choice).

ReputationRep:
    Neg rep I got:

Apsolutely ridiculous statement. Have you ever gotten mad? Oh my, you violent absuive thug!
    No, I've never broken into someone's property, destroyed their things, and made them fear for their safety. Of COURSE I haven't, because I'm not a completely psychopath. Holy ****, I can't believe some of you. You people belong in asylums. You're animals if you think this is normal behaviour. Absolute scum.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of normal behaviour, it's normal behaviour to consult your partner before an abortion...whether you were gonna do it or not, you might have changed your mind....changed your whole perspective on isht.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    No, I've never broken into someone's property, destroyed their things, and made them fear for their safety. Of COURSE I haven't, because I'm not a completely psychopath. Holy ****, I can't believe some of you. You people belong in asylums. You're animals if you think this is normal behaviour. Absolute scum.
    Lol. He wouldn't have done it if she didn't kill his baby.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, if the guy had not reacting as angrily, if people would still be on the OP's side. I doubt it.

(Original post by Drogue)
    and most people's morality
    Well clearly, considering the responses in this thread, you are wrong.
    A lot of people seem to thing it was totally wrong for her not to tell him.
    I agree that in the end it is the woman's choice, but morally he should at least know.

(Original post by Pink Bullets)
    You're animals if you think this is normal behaviour. Absolute scum.
    I wouldn't call having an abortion without telling the father normal behaviour either.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.