Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hope we get a map question on industrial topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefany-a)
    I hope we get a map question on industrial topic
    me too, that's what my teacher thinks we'll get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lackofcolour)
    me too, that's what my teacher thinks we'll get.
    If an industry map question the whole of my higher class is screwed becuase we did industry at the end of the year, and the last few periods when we were meant to do industry map work she was off, so we never did any industry map work! So I guess i'll just have to be using my standard grade knowledge :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Do you need a case study for coasts? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ENNGUF)
    Do you need a case study for coasts? :shock:
    Yes, Dorest Coast?

ReputationRep:
    Could any one help me with 2007 Paper 2 Q1 A) Describe and suggest reasons for the location of Britain's National Parks.

Is this just transport links and all that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haffie)
    Could any one help me with 2007 Paper 2 Q1 A) Describe and suggest reasons for the location of Britain's National Parks.

Is this just transport links and all that ?
    Yep, close to motorways, access to large centres of population (peak district) At the same time far enough away from cities not to be too crowded etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Yep, close to motorways, access to large centres of population (peak district) At the same time far enough away from cities not to be too crowded etc
    Sorry but do you need a case study for coasts, do you think a question asking for one will come up? :o:

ReputationRep:
    wots the likelyness of the biosphere topic being a compulsory question for a 3rd year in a row?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but do you need a case study for coasts, do you think a question asking for one will come up? :o:
    I honestly wouldn't try and second guess the SQA. It is certainly possible.

We did Lulworth cove as an example of a concordant, Swanage as an example of disconcordant. And we used tourism in Lulworth village for social/economic influences etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonna)
    wots the likelyness of the biosphere topic being a compulsory question for a 3rd year in a row?
    Never know - better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:

We did Lulworth cove as an example of a concordant, Swanage as an example of disconcordant. And we used tourism in Lulworth village for social/economic influences etc
    I wasn't given a case study. :confused: Hopefully that won't come up. Do you have any basic points I could mention for social/economic influences?

ReputationRep:

http://www3.eboard.com/eboard/servle...&TAB_ID=238691

found this on dorset coasts

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't given a case study. :confused: Hopefully that won't come up. Do you have any basic points I could mention for social/economic influences?
    Well the village of Lulworth is picturesque, outstanding scenery which attracts tourists. Tourism is the main industry with 95% being day visitors.

There is a possible conflict between visitors and local people....traffic congestion, second homes, noise, littering etc

Also between tourists and MOD. Live firing ranges along that stretch of coast which means footpaths are closed part time.

ReputationRep:
    Well the village of Lulworth is picturesque, outstanding scenery which attracts tourists. Tourism is the main industry with 95% being day visitors.

There is a possible conflict between visitors and local people....traffic congestion, second homes, noise, littering etc

Also between tourists and MOD. Live firing ranges along that stretch of coast which means footpaths are closed part time.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I really, really hope I don't need to rely on Dorset Coast. ): But looking at my past papers from 2003 you've never had to do it, it's always been a choice. So that probably means it'll come up this year.

ReputationRep:
    Just to note that Mass Movement hasn't appeared in Lithosphere since 2003.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemrock)
    Ahhhh! Does anyone have a case study for a commercial arable farm? I don't have one ;/
    We didn't get given one, but i usually say that ''commercial arable farming takes place around Williston, North Dakota'' ... Not sure whether you have to be that specific though... As long as you know one of the states it takes place in i think thats enough?

Does anyone else find trying to answer all the questions within the time near enough impossible? :eek: I just can't seem to write fast enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MillyMac)
    Just to note that Mass Movement hasn't appeared in Lithosphere since 2003.
    Did Slumping not come up in 2006? I seriously hope it doesn't come up this year though... I can't seem to find enough to write about :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whataperfectionist)
    Did Slumping not come up in 2006? I seriously hope it doesn't come up this year though... I can't seem to find enough to write about :confused:
    Yes but that was Coastal

It could come up as Rotational Slip/Landslides/Slumping

But not for a Coastal area.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.