Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's so special about Emma Watson? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think she's beautiful, always have done. She doesn't look sexy or anything, just pretty, and that's my thing. her new hairs nice i think. oh emma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yurihammo)
    Probably because girls like you are intelligent but ugly.

Emma watson is hot and intelligent and rich. Why would you want anything else??

go cry in the corner and die of jealousy..
    wow. I also think the OP's a bit jealous but that is taking it too far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I don't know where you're getting this jealousy from. Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are all beautiful woman with immense talent. Am I jealous of them? No. I can appreciate talent and beauty. I just think she's pretty and an OK actress, insult me all you want.

what I said to some other guy.
    Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are older than us by about 20 years or more.

Emma is our age. Plus minus a year or 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Firstly, beauty is subjective. Secondly, jealous isn't always conscious you be subconsciously jealous. Thirdly, I wouldn't really class her as average, I would class her as above average. I wouldn't say she is very beautiful due to the fact that the pictures I see of her are 60:40 (beautiful:average/below average) looking. Finally, obviously fame has played a part. Why? Because the more famous you become the more better looking you become, see Susan Boyle.
    I think you should only judge people on their best photos, provided they haven't been airbrushed in some way, and even then photos aren't as good as meeting people in the flesh. Some people photograph like crap. Some people photograph amazing. For example, I wouldn't say Taylor Swift photographs very well.

Anywho, Emma Watson is pretty hot IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    and apparently you're touchy too.

sorry but the fact that you basically said in your op "no im not jealous and to everyone who says otherwise screw you" simply intensifies the fact that, deep down, you are. Or at least it makes it look like youre jealous. If you're not, then dont mention it in the first place, simples.
    here we go again...
    why wouldn't I be touchy? I'm being falsely accused.
    Tell me exactly why I should be jealous of Emma, but not not Scarlet or Halle? If a girl isn't impressed by a particular female star who seems to be overrated, she's automatically jealous?
    I laugh at you.

Like I said you potter fans are so God damn defensive.

ReputationRep:
    Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are older than us by about 20 years or more.

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman are in their 20's still.

ReputationRep:
    A worrying but amusing thread about her for anyone with too much time on their hands
    Emma Watson appreciation thread

ReputationRep:
    wow. I also think the OP's a bit jealous but that is taking it too far
    of what her looks? lol no.

If there's anyone i'm jealous of it's Aishwarya Rai

Such beautiful eyes

God obviously took his time on her

ReputationRep:

whoa Scarlett and Natalie look great for 40 yrs old!

ps - 15 pages of this!? hot topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    here we go again...
    why wouldn't I be touchy? I'm being falsely accused.
    Tell me exactly why I should be jealous of Emma, but not not Scarlet or Halle? If a girl isn't impressed by a particular female star who seems to be overrated, she's automatically jealous?
    I laugh at you.

Like I said you potter fans are so God damn defensive.
    " falsely accused"? no no no, being jealous isn't a crime.

oh I don't know, what IS there to be jealous about Emma? hmmm...multimillionaire, intelligent, talented young lady, studious, humble, famous, everyone loves her, fantastic sense of fashion, perfect figure, gorgeous face, has access to all the exclusive events she would ever want to go to, she's at a top Ivy League college (having rejected Cambridge), she could have any guy she wants...I could go on.

I'm not defensive of her... why should I be? She's no friend of mine. but Harry Potter is a legend, otherwise you wouldnt be talking about emma in that way.

Like I said...jealous. but hey, no one blames you. pretty much everyone would want to have her life.

ReputationRep:
    A little jealous probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    That statement is way to ambiguous for my liking

But if somebody is stunning, many will agree. That person may not be your type you, but you can acknowledge the fact that that person is good looking. E.g - I doubt many people will say that Aishwarya Rai is ugly

If somebody looks like Gollum, many will agree that the dude is ugly
    I'll stand by my statement because you're incorrect. Beauty is 100% subjective, you're simply talking about the social norm of beauty which is a completely different concept...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    I'll stand by my statement because you're incorrect. Beauty is 100% subjective, you're simply talking about the social norm of beauty which is a completely different concept...
    Not really, babies are able to depict a beautiful face. In remote countries their view of beauty is pretty much the same as the western world.

If i'm wrong correct me properly please, i'm interested. Define beauty is in the eye of the beholder please

ReputationRep:
    " falsely accused"? no no no, being jealous isn't a crime.

oh I don't know, what IS there to be jealous about Emma? hmmm...multimillionaire, intelligent, talented young lady, studious, humble, famous, everyone loves her, fantastic sense of fashion, perfect figure, gorgeous face, has access to all the exclusive events she would ever want to go to, she's at a top Ivy League college (having rejected Cambridge), she could have any guy she wants...I could go on.

I'm not defensive of her... why should I be? She's no friend of mine. but Harry Potter is a legend, otherwise you wouldnt be talking about emma in that way.

Like I said...jealous. but hey, no one blames you. pretty much everyone would want to have her life.
    Haha you potter fans are hard shells to crack. You guys really love is girl

You could say the exact same thing about e.g. Natalie Portman, but she's more beautiful and talented but sadly, she's not as praised or known. Her claim to fame is far more admiring IMO.

I think she's overrated and her raise to fame wasn't that hard. You can call me jealous all you want but that's what I think. Deal with it.

I doubt Emma will be a Oscar winning actress in the next decade or so. Those Potter films automatically made her 'awesome and every way'. She was a lucky egg IMO. Luck is not what I praise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Not really, babies are able to depict a beautiful face. In remote countries their view of beauty is pretty much the same as the western world.

If i'm wrong correct me properly please, i'm interested. Define beauty is in the eye of the beholder please
    See what you're talking about is incorrect: For example, in China foot binding [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding] used to be seen as desirable because small feet were seen as a sign of beauty [and if we're talking specifically about the face this same rule still applies] . Yet in Western society we do not seek out women with small feet specifically, because we're not attracted to that aspect of a person, as a society. However, there're people out there who will find that desirable - despite the fact the majority do not.

Hence the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"; what you see as desirable may be repulsive to someone else because the concept of beauty differs from person to person. Many share common ideals not because it's natural but because we are told by society that we should want this. Whether this applies to Emma Watson or not does not effect the argument, because at the end of the day a large population clearly do find her desirable. My point being that just because you find someone to be "average" does not mean it's universally agreed; at all. Everyone has their own agenda and you should respect that; something you have ignored by creating this thread in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    she's beautiful, very pretty, hot, and attractive :love:

But set aside all that, she's a great woman with a lot of talent. She's a sensible down to earth person, humble, modest, smart, and sets a good example for young kids. She doesn't drink or smoke. She's also very studious, studying at a top IVY league school, university of Brown. That alone makes her a responsible person, and it also shows her desire for learning, which really sets an example to everyone out there, to us even...Emma has everything, fame, wealth, etc, however, she prefers education over all of them.

Emma Watson is truly an inspiration. Seriously though if I were ever to marry her, I'd be the luckiest guy in the whole world
    You're weird. And I agree with the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    See what you're talking about is incorrect: For example, in China foot binding [[url].

Many share common ideals not because it's natural but because we are told by society that we should want this. I disagree, you need to watch the science of sex

because at the end of the day a large population clearly do find her desirable.

I think many people would say Emma is cute/sweet/pretty/elegant. I doubt many would way she's a stunner/so beautiful/a desirable woman

Everyone has their own agenda and you should respect that; something you have ignored by creating this thread in the first place.

I picked her specifically because people (mainly potter fans) seem to almost worship the ground she walks on, I don't think she's anything special and many seem to agree.

ReputationRep:
    She was wearing wearing a scintillating red dress on TV last night. She's so elegant. I'd love to see her tits.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I picked her specifically because people (mainly potter fans) seem to almost worship the ground she walks on, I don't think she's anything special and many seem to agree.
    Why don't you just let it go? You're becoming a persistent now. If you were better looking can her, then we could say you're not jealous, but that's not the case.

I'm not a Harry Potter movie fan but I think she's hot.

Sorry, but I'm tired of this thread showing up in news feed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Why don't you just let it go? You're becoming a persistent now. If you were better looking can her, then we could say you're not jealous, but that's not the case.

I'm not a Harry Potter movie fan but I think she's hot.

Sorry, but I'm tired of this thread showing up in news feed.
    I would but people keep quoting me and replying to the thread.

Then stop following it. Simples

For someone who thinks that Emma is stunning, I can't take your view on my looks seriously

I do think she's cute but no stunner (like I've said a million times) and many agree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.