Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

think you wrote the wrong link

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stefan1991)
      Iraq didn't have WMDs,
      They did.

http://lordhysteria.blogspot.com/201...surprised.html

Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net:RR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

ReputationRep:
        I'm sorry but that blog entry is not proof, and neither is it true. That blog refers to yellow-cake uranium.

You'll find that the uranium a) was not weapons grade and b) was well known to the UN and IAEA and was being stored legally by Saddam's government. It was legally in Iraq according to international law.

ReputationRep:
        would of found
        (Original post by Stefan1991)
        I'm sorry but that blog entry is not proof, and neither is it true. That blog refers to yellow-cake uranium.

You'll find that the uranium a) was not weapons grade and b) was well known to the UN and IAEA and was being stored legally by Saddam's government. It was legally in Iraq according to international law.
        If you follow up you would have found that it did have WMDs but they weren't in the best of conditions.

any other links?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
          would of found

If you follow up you would have found that it did have WMDs but they weren't in the best of conditions.
          http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/yellowcake.asp

ReputationRep:
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11879951

ReputationRep:

Top vid there, thanks

:yy:

ReputationRep:
          Of course they did and Saddam used chemical weaponry in Iraq and Iran. What they didn't find was a WMD threat to the UK or US. It's a bit like saying finding nuclear fuel rods in Iraq means they had a hydrogen bomb in missile form which could be launched within 72 hrs which clearly isn't the case. Don't you think the government would highlight this if it were true instead of taking the slack it has been taking for the past 7 years?

ReputationRep:
          Prince Andrew = Top bloke

ReputationRep:
          Watch out for interpol.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by spidergareth)
          Watch out for interpol.
          They are after him now, its a pity really. I wonder what the outcome will be ? Whatever it is, there will be possibly a huge uproar about this in the media.

ReputationRep:
          He has become to much of a popular figure to be arrested and any charge will be treated with major scepticism from the public. I also doubt that any arrest will have much effect whatsoever and WikiLeaks will continue to run without any problems. I'd imagine people (and very important ones at that) are lining up to work for this whistle blowing organisation.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Guvnor)
          They are after him now, its a pity really. I wonder what the outcome will be ? Whatever it is, there will be possibly a huge uproar about this in the media.
          There is a lot of confusion over what is actually happening there. I mean first the rape charge was withdrawn, then it was reissued and then assange claimed that the case didn't actually list him as a suspect. There was a really good blog post I read when the rape charge was withdrawn where the commenters had looked at the alleged victims twitter, blog and linked in accounts, it was quite interesting that she almost seemed to idolise assange. He will be arrested eventually but until the trial, I am not trusting anything.

ReputationRep:
          Wow, just wow

ReputationRep:
          To me this release doesn't feel like a 'classified documents' . For starters, who is stupid enough to record every criticisms of world leaders!?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by CombineHarvester)
          He has become to much of a popular figure to be arrested and any charge will be treated with major scepticism from the public. I also doubt that any arrest will have much effect whatsoever and WikiLeaks will continue to run without any problems. I'd imagine people (and very important ones at that) are lining up to work for this whistle blowing organisation.
          What makes you think that people especially reputable ones would want to work for this organisation ? Don't you think by doing so they would be kissing goodbye to their lives and respective careers :holmes:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Guvnor)
          The Americans will murder him. Literally.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by spidergareth)
          There is a lot of confusion over what is actually happening there. I mean first the rape charge was withdrawn, then it was reissued and then assange claimed that the case didn't actually list him as a suspect. There was a really good blog post I read when the rape charge was withdrawn where the commenters had looked at the alleged victims twitter, blog and linked in accounts, it was quite interesting that she almost seemed to idolise assange. He will be arrested eventually but until the trial, I am not trusting anything.

Well if you look at it in one way all he has done is expose the truth, which if you ask me everybody is entitled to but unfortunately our respective governments try to hide it from us. People are finally getting to read the facts and not the doctored news we are fed. Governments need to be accountable for their actions and this seems to blown the lid off everything.

I'm all for the truth, and I must say that this guy is a legend no doubt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.