Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Yeahhhh, like it's too hyped up. Everyone makes out it's amazing, but in reality it's just like another day at school/college, and if anything, my social life was better when I was in college .......I had alot more time on my hands back then.

I'm studying Criminology. You any idea what you would like to study? (should you decide to).
    i added you as a friend please accept thanks (and pmed you no reply )

ps yeah ill be studying umm something maby to do with geo or science im ace at both

ReputationRep:
    i have to walk through a big park on the way to college so the snow is annoying because i keep slipping also my bus comes too late or too early which is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    it is meant to snow where I am tomorrow, am excited but just hope it doesn't bugger up the train service too much cause I am going to Manchester for my university interview :p
    Don't worry, there's no snow in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i'm so over snow by this age. It's just a burden. Although it will hopefully result in half of my seminar class not making it in to see my presentation tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to look at, but as soon as you have to go out in it it's awful

ReputationRep:
    Only had a light dusting here. I think what's most irritating about this weather is not the snow itself but the people s***ting themselves at the thought. Yes, it is cold....it's called winter. No, you won't get snowed in. No, the world is not going to end. I remember turning up at a lecture earlier this year and it started snowing a tiny amount, and my lecturer dismissed us in case we "all got stuck." My lecturer today even kept glancing outside at the sky. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I need to get me some thermals before the snow comes fml :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    It's snowed a little here, which was fine, until today where everything has frozen over into one massive ice rink on the pavements! Not good - walking is a joke, have to take tiny mincing steps just to avoid slipping and landing on my butt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Not in London.....fml.
    Exactly this

ReputationRep:
    I wish it would snow on Xmas day, why couldn't this snow of come later.

ReputationRep:
    well snow doesn't edelete anything but it does add a significant amount of physical mass so i'd say it was positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama-beans)
    Don't worry, there's no snow in Manchester.
    awwww, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, I really want snow
    thanks for letting me know anyway, I might not pack my wellies for the interview afterall...

ReputationRep:
    Not affected by the snow much, however I do wish you'd write you properly in the title...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    School has been closed since Thursday, and as I'm totally snowed in, I haven't been able to leave the house. I'm slowly going mad... :L

ReputationRep:
    there's snow effect on my schedule.

HAHAhaha

ReputationRep:
    Snow only affects me when its more than 2 foot deep otherwise I can easily do what I wish.

Cold isn't a problem for me as I have a weird body...I radiate cold sometimes and get very hot when I do stuff in the cold. :O

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I am school leaver from Lithuania. I just came back with my dog and it is so freezing outside! We have -17C and about 10cm of snow. To me it is quite amazing as I really love snow. And my dog is so fascinated with this kind of weather. It is his first snow as he is approximately 6 months old. BTW, he is a husky...I think that explains everything

ReputationRep:
    I just had a blackout and my life ended for 1/2 an hour lol Seriously I don't know what the hell to do without electricity!? Thank god it's back I didn't go to uni today either. I live in Edinburgh and go to uni in Glasgow. I got half way to the bus station and turned back. I found out later that the lab only lasted 45 minutes... I would have been pissed if I had travelled through for that!

ReputationRep:
    So I'm guessing "fml" is making a revival, huh? :confused:

Yeah, we have more than enough snow here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.