Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Aren't the women in Russia supposed to be well fit, aye?

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Wikileaks
    That would be the best Wikileak ever, if they did expose FIFA. Do it, Assange! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I still don't think we should blame the BBC; they had every right to investigate and expose FIFA. As much as I want a World Cup in England, I value freedom of speech and press more.
    But freedom of speech wouldn't be affected, otherwise (if we won) they would change their decision and then we could of complained and attack them.

I'm sorry but having risked the WC (although I know Russia's money had something to do with it but that would be their fault and something to complain about) for a 30 min comentary that could of been postponed is not something I can tolerate.

ReputationRep:
    Talk on SSN before that Brazil 2014 might not be ready in time not even built airport yet but Sa were months behind schedule for this years so.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, seriously? I thought I was being pretty liberal with my estimates! I do really want to go to 2014, though... :/
    I just bought a flight for 1100! And my friend, who booked her flight wayyy back in March, could only find one at the time for 1700. Sad but true :-(
    Still... Will probably be worth it! Especially if you can find a package deal :-D

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know who are the candidates for 2026?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Aren't the women in Russia supposed to be well fit, aye?

:cool:
    Yes if you're used to porking meerkat vadge.

Also, the majority of Russian women in Russia you will see during the World Cup will be prostitutes trying to cash in on foreigners. They will be run by illegal mafia organisations and therefore a lot of tourists will be vulnerable to attacks etc.
    FIFA also wants tourists to take their children to a country where child trafficking is rife. Well done FIFA.

The main reason Russia won the World Cup bid was that Blatter is an old virgin and needs to go to a country that is rife with prostitutes in order to get his leg over, because he's absolutely hanging to look at.

ReputationRep:
    South Africa, Russia and Qatar...

I just hope the world cups in Russia and Qatar are better than the South African WC, which was the worst in living memory for me - ****ing abysmal world cup.

****ing abysmal 2010?

Surely you do not remember how even more ****ing abysmal 2002 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    I just bought a flight for 1100! And my friend, who booked her flight wayyy back in March, could only find one at the time for 1700. Sad but true :-(
    Still... Will probably be worth it! Especially if you can find a package deal :-D
    Jesus! :eek: Hopefully the extra demand will mean more flights and lower prices once the world cup comes around.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't think we should blame the BBC; they had every right to investigate and expose FIFA. As much as I want a World Cup in England, I value freedom of speech and press more.
    The issue I have with the paranoma programme is that it was done basically to hamper england's chance of getting the world cup as they could easily have done it next week or any other time. Also, we all know that fifa is corrupted and the main topic of the programme was about was OLD news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Yes.

The candidates are as followed

Jamaica
    South Shields
    Afghanistan

and last but not least

Wales...

If it is in Wales then Welsh people will pay 1/3rd of the price of tickets that the English will pay to watch the games.

Oh ****, thats tuition fees, my bad !

ReputationRep:
    I blame the media, or more specifically the BBC's Panorama. I support the BBC's investigation but whoever decided to show that program this week needs firing. It's ridiculous that we're forced to pay the salaries of these people through the TV license when they do **** like this. Why couldn't they show the program next week and keep quiet until after the vote?

Why is there never mass protests about having to pay £140 per year just to own a TV and fund the BBC even if you don't watch or use any BBC content? That's a ****load of money you're paying over your lifetime. It's about time we brought an end to this tax. Make the BBC a subscription service like Sky.

ReputationRep:
    The way FIFA's going, they'll probably be North Korea, Afghanistan, Haiti and a joint bid from Zimbabwe and Somalia.

ReputationRep:
    Not much around yet but China are rumoured to be interested in putting a bid in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    ****ing abysmal 2010?

Surely you do not remember how even more ****ing abysmal 2002 was?
    can't remember where 2002 was. I thought Germany 2006 was a good world cup tbh. South Africa was crap, really really dire. Empty stadiums, crap football, vuvuzelas, no lasting 'legacy' etc, everything rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    can't remember where 2002 was. I thought Germany 2006 was a good world cup tbh. South Africa was crap, really really dire. Empty stadiums, crap football, vuvuzelas, no lasting 'legacy' etc, everything rubbish.

Korea/Japan

ReputationRep:
    Guess we'll just have to make the Olympics extra special to show those FIFA numtpies what they're missing out on

ReputationRep:
    Dont know but it can't be in europe and asia. So I can it'll be between SA and African countries. Hmmm i see another african w/c coming up....surely it has to go to Nigeria.

ReputationRep:
    Why are FIFA against joint bids? They didn't seem to mind in 1996(?) when they gave it to Korea/Japan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    Yes.

The candidates are as followed

Jamaica
    South Shields
    Afghanistan

and last but not least

Wales...

If it is in Wales then Welsh people will pay 1/3rd of the price of tickets that the English will pay to watch the games.

Oh ****, thats tuition fees, my bad !
    The way FIFA's going, they'll probably be North Korea, Afghanistan, Haiti and a joint bid from Zimbabwe and Somalia.
    :rofl: As funny as it is, I need real answers lol

(Original post by Lucy :))
    Not much around yet but China are rumoured to be interested in putting a bid in.
    Well now I'm depressed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.