Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    I know some think this is a rude question but I'd just like to see what the general weight of everyone is, girls and boys...oh and height would be helpful too :teeth:

I weight 8st 6 (I do eat a lot of food but I just don't put anything on...
    and I'm 5"11 (may be 6"0 now last measured myself a couple of months ago)

I'm not insecure, i'm actually happy with my height and general weight (although I am aware I am skinny as)
    This sentence doesn't exist in the real world, you just think you eat lots of food. If you eat lots of food, you'll put on weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSingingMute)
    This sentence doesn't exist in the real world, you just think you eat lots of food. If you eat lots of food, you'll put on weight.
    True, recently things have been pretty tight with money and I just haven't been getting a good amount of food, sucks to be a carer for my decrepit mother. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    5'11 9stone7

I have a small stomach and a really high metabolism. I can put on half a stone of weight and lose it within 2 days.

I'm not bragging, I'd actually like to be heavier, it's healthier.

ReputationRep:
    True, recently things have been pretty tight with money and I just haven't been getting a good amount of food, sucks to be a carer for my decrepit mother. :dry:
    Quick, take it out on me.

ReputationRep:
    I weigh about 7st 6 and I'm 5"4 and a half. I'm happy with my weight, because I'm in proportion.

ReputationRep:
    6"5' and a little over 14 stone.

ReputationRep:
    Can't be arsed to read it all but it's so simple if you want to gain/lose weight.

Gain= Eat big, try and eat 3000+calories and unless you are a giant or do a LOT of exercise you will gain. And if you do lots of exercise, eat even more, 4000+ calories. If you actually count all the people saying "I eat loads", you don't.
    Lose= Eat low calorie meals that are filling. Or just eat less. A calorie deficit, if you eat less calories than your body burns in the day you will lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    5"6' 10 st 2

ReputationRep:
    guy
    5 ft 6
    13 stone roughly (probably more)
    ROAR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fresher123)
    Can't be arsed to read it all but it's so simple if you want to gain/lose weight.

Gain= Eat big, try and eat 3000+calories and unless you are a giant or do a LOT of exercise you will gain. And if you do lots of exercise, eat even more, 4000+ calories. If you actually count all the people saying "I eat loads", you don't.
    Lose= Eat low calorie meals that are filling. Or just eat less. A calorie deficit, if you eat less calories than your body burns in the day you will lose weight.
    Pretty much right. although for people wanting to keep muscle when losing fat high protein is key.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 5ft5 and a half and weight around 10stone

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'1 and currently weigh about 44kg/7 stone I think. That's light for me, I've lost 4 kg in the last few months and it's noticeable. 48kg is just right for me. I've been pretty stressed though and I quit my job so I was trying not to spend too much money as well. And - I've got to stop this! - if my fiance text me and said he wasn't coming home for dinner, then I'd just skip dinner and save it for the next day. I'm at home now being fed up by mummy, she's worried about me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fresher123)

True I've just started writing down what I eat every day as I've only noticed now that I need to gain weight. I've increased what I eat and it's still only adding up to about 1700 kcal a day!? You'd think I'd know what to eat as I've just finished Nutrition but obviously not. I'm at home now and my mum is obsessed with everything low fat. No, scrap that - no fat! When I mentioned eating 3000kcal a day she freaked!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSingingMute)
    Quick, take it out on me.
    :boxing:

ReputationRep:
    I weight 11 stone 2 at lightweight peak before race
    11 stone 7 during university
    12 stone 6 peak weight for heavy weight training
    12 stone is my holiday, comfy weight ^^ < probably now.

ReputationRep:
    5ft7
    8stone
    Good to know i'm not the only really skinny one around
    Yay for high metabolism

(Original post by flubadiblam)
      6 ft 4 12 stone lol, large frame so it doesnt look too ridiculous :woo:
      Sorry, but how can 12 stone not look ridiculous. I'm the same height and around 16 and a half stone, and I ideally want to be a lean 17 stone.

You got some serious eating to do !

ReputationRep:
      5 ft 11, weigh (i think, at last scales) 10st 2lbs.. That was before christmas though, so its easily possible that i've gone up from the puds and spuds etc

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, well, people can't say I don't eat as I usually empty the food supplies pretty fast :ahee:

Thing is, I don't really have much muscle either, I used to go to the gym couple of times a week but I've stopped...stupid I know.

Wouldn't mind buying weights though. I do 20 sit-ups everyday, just think it's fun :dontknow:
      You're a bit odd, aren't you

ReputationRep:
      some seriously light people here
      6'2"
      16 stone
      no im not fat, i play rugby

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2012
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.