Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have you NOT tried cannabis? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    I personally think that people should be allowed to smoke weed. It should be legalised and sold by the government.

However I would not smoke it since it is A) expensive and B) A waste of time IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    So do you not do ANYTHING in life? Unless it gives you long term benefits?
    What happened to living life to enjoy it?
    Only as a general rule of thumb with the above three.
    But believe me, I live my life, and I truly enjoy it.
    I couldn't wish for a more productive, enjoyable and out-right great life.
    I just don't need weed (or any drugs) or booze to help me have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I hears that vaporisers are easier to use, but never used either myself. Why wouldn't you recommend a volcano?
    They are quite fun in a novelty sort of way, but for regular use the high is too racy for me because it's almost pure THC, rather than THC+CBD to balance it out. Not only that but the hangover from them is shocking, you wake up more stoned than when you went to bed. And not good stoned either, monged and messed up stoned where you can't think straight. If you use it in a group it's not very sociable after the first bag either, everyone's eyes just glaze over and they stare into space.

All in all i'd say that if you want to go easy on your lungs eating it is the way forwards, although it's very easy to end up tripping your nuts off if you do that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm not a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    That's good logic. You could argue anything is a good choice for someone based on that. People who do free style rock climbing are idiots, it's so ridiculously dangerous. The fact that drugs are less harmful just means people who do drugs are stupid to a lesser degree.

It's similar to the argument about alcohol. Everyone who wants drugs to be decriminalised says "Alcohol's legal and it's worse than weed". That's totally irrelevant. Alcohol is legal. That is unlikely to change as it is embedded within society. However, that doesn't mean that, if it was discovered today, with all of its harmful effects, it would necessarily be made legal.
    Given that almost half of people aged 16-24 have tried cannabis, I would say that that too is rather embedded in our society. Guess what would happen if we banned alcohol? Use would increase, quality would go down, price would go up, and we'd lose the tax we gain from it. It's a lose lose lose situation. Just because you draw the line at anything more hardcore than a glass of water and a stale piece of bread doesn't mean everyone else should be wrapped in cotton wool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Why have YOU never tried morris dancing?

Answer: It looks embarrassingly ****.
    This such an awesome counter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Because I promised my mummy that I would never do drugs
    But it's okay to drink alcohol though :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Because it's stupid, gives you long term health problems, and I have a life.

ReputationRep:
    It's just never appealed to me. Alcohol is fine for me, and even then, I never get completely drunk. I just can have fun without it.

Not to mention that, although I know this probably isn't true for all people who take weed, but all the kids who do it at my school are utter douchebag wasters. So I don't want to connect myself with them.

If I was in Holland or something and I could eat it in a cake I might give it a go, but I'm not going to go out of my way to try it. Especially as I think I'd probably be one of the people who gets paranoid from it.

ReputationRep:
    Because id lose too much profit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Given that almost half of people aged 16-24 have tried cannabis, I would say that that too is rather embedded in our society. Guess what would happen if we banned alcohol? Use would increase, quality would go down, price would go up, and we'd lose the tax we gain from it. It's a lose lose lose situation. Just because you draw the line at anything more hardcore than a glass of water and a stale piece of bread doesn't mean everyone else should be wrapped in cotton wool.
    I wasn't saying alcohol should be banned. I wish it had never been discovered; it's all very well for us to sit, discussing it sedately on our computers, but there are people whose lives have been torn apart by drink. Binge drinking is a huge problem, especially here in Scotland, and underage drinking is a big thing now too; loads of people in my year at school (private school, Catholic) drink regularly, even though they're only 16. My point was that given the negative effects of alcohol it would be great if we didn't have it, but it's too late, and therefore we should avoid getting into a similar situation with drugs.

And I personally don't greatly like stale bread.

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is discussing+(unhealthy)+(addictiv e) (hence should be avoided )
    And I do not agree with ideology of trying everything.

Because if you think along those lines (I want to try everything, live life to the full ).
    Makes you think, coke heroin needles, maybe have some intimate time with a goat, Interesting to try in it ?

What I mean is you don`t need to try everything to be satisfied in life.

PS ( Tried weed, tried salvia, drunk first shot at 7 (by parents are lenient about alcohol) and at the moment I am vague on the thought about Drugs. I think you have to be a strong person in great physical form to enjoy any type of drug. And you need to be strong mentally to know your limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    Because a family friend got cannabis psychosis that developed into schizophrenia.

ReputationRep:
    Because it makes you into a paranoid little *******, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    Because a family friend got cannabis psychosis that developed into schizophrenia.
    /thread.

Isn't this enough of a repellent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?
    Trying weed once is not going to jeopardize your life. Bit melodramatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    Weed dealers are usually sound. Can you roll? There a big difference between a spliff, a good spliff, and a great spliff.

Surely you could find someone to smoke with though, stoners are generally nice friendly welcoming people, just go to a reggae event or rave lol
    I've already tried it and was quite happy to leave it there. Merely stating why somebody wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I object to helping drug dealers prosper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Rubbish. You need an expensive vaporizer, precise temperature. Too hot and you might as well smoke it too cold and you wont get high and even then you will not eliminate all the undesirables.

I have used a volcano btw, it is very nice just wish i had the £300 to buy one.
    Or you can just use a pipe and a lightbulb. By vaporizing you can get high off a much smaller amount of weed. There aren't ANY undesirables. Explain what undesirables you are talking about? No carcinogens, tar or anything else present as there isn't ANY SMOKE.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.