Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can 4 A be really worth 6 marks for the answer in the Unoffical MS?

Sorry I did these really fast as I have been pretty busy today...

yes for some reason I read the question as find the work done against friction???

Obviously I should have added 30g sin 20 before multiplying by 50.

I will change the solutions when I get a sec.

No idea of boundaries; it seemed pretty easy to me. Just look at the past boundaries and make an assessment as to how you think it compared in terms of difficulty to the others. I haven't taught M2 for 7 years or so, so I am no expert.

(Original post by Chazra)
    my computer wont open the answers arsey posted please could someone post all the answers
    go to adobe website and download reader 9, it will then work.

yes I have done FP1 solutions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    go to adobe website and download reader 9, it will then work.
    im guessing fp1 solutions will be delayed since you sound busy?

ReputationRep:
    For question 4a i got 8041J and for 4b i got the speed as 18 something because i done 30g*50sin20 - 1/2mv^2 - 8041 = 0 because the friction would still work against it when it rolls back down. and for question 7 i got U=0.432 my method was good but i did a mistake somewhere how many accuracy marks do you think i would lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalman)
    For question 4a i got 8041J and for 4b i got the speed as 18 something because i done 30g*50sin20 - 1/2mv^2 - 8041 = 0 because the friction would still work against it when it rolls back down. and for question 7 i got U=0.432 my method was good but i did a mistake somewhere how many accuracy marks do you think i would lose?
    seems like you did exactly the same mistakes as me. i got those values as well. No idea how much we'd lose though :confused:. Going to retake it anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    yes I have done FP1 solutions.
    Awesome! Any idea when you will get the chance to post them?

Also, will you be able to make a prediction for grade boundaries when you post them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan1d)
    Awesome! Any idea when you will get the chance to post them?

Also, will you be able to make a prediction for grade boundaries when you post them?
    The FP1 thread is closed till 4:30am so hopefully some time tomorrow Arsey will be kind enough to put it up

if the thread is unlocked I will upload them around 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    if the thread is unlocked I will upload them around 7
    Thanks a lot for the solutions Arsey.

Just a quick query - for 3b) I rounded root 2 to 1.4 will I loose a mark? Also for 4a) I am pretty sure I worked it out as the same figure as you, however I rounded it to 8.5KJ, would this be acceptable, I did write the full value down a line above? Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hm... I hope I did well, can't remember quite well most of my answers, which is why I am scared. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low too...

ReputationRep:
    So what do people think about the grade boundaries?

What do people think will be 70 UMS, 80 UMS, 90 UMS and 100 UMS.

Wasn't TOO hard so 100 UMS should be 75. Maybe 67 for 90, 61 for 80 I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    done them, will scan and upload
    Hey Arsey thanks for the solutions!

What do you recon the UMS grade boundaries will be?
    I made 9, NINE, stupid mistakes!!!!!!
    So bummed about it.

ReputationRep:
    I already know I'll have to retake...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammelia)
    I already know I'll have to retake...
    snap at least it's a little bit before the main bulk of my exams though. still a pain though!

Note sure about the grade boundaries as I don't really know how this compares to previous papers. It seemed pretty easy to me.

Here are the last 6 boundaries.

Jan-08 75 70 64 56 48 40 32
    Jun-08 75 70 64 56 49 42 35
    Jan-09 75 69 63 55 47 40 33
    Jun-09 75 69 62 54 46 39 32
    Jan-10 67 60 53 46 39 33 27
    Jun-10 75 68 61 54 47 40 34

Other than Jan 10, they are pretty consistent at just over 60 for an A.

If I was guessing I would say 63/75 for 80 UMS but it purely based on those previous ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    If I was guessing I would say 63/75 for 80 UMS but it purely based on those previous ones.
    Hi Arsey, I understand how busy you must be right now but would you mind answering my previous question please if you have time? It's post 275 on page 14. Thank you so much for all your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I haven't taught M2 for 7 years or so, so I am no expert.
    So you only teach C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1, FP1? and Pure Maths in Further?

(Original post by intellectual1)
    So you only teach C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1, FP1? and Pure Maths in Further?
    I've never taught Further Pure since it changed from P4 etc. Only taught D1 once, not really into Decision Maths. I have previously taught M2/M3/M4 but I have more impact teaching the standard units. Further Maths doesn't really require much teaching, more demonstration, most Further Mathematicians can pretty much teach themselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.