Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MD 4p6)
    do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!
    No I didn't mean that, I also thought they said name the shape so I put octohedral.

Sorry i meant the one at the top of a right hand page and i put propylamine for it but i've never been very good at naming

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.........I am wrong! I cleary didnt read the question :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mBadAtMaths)
    I put 6, octahedral and orange
    I did too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyJunkIsYou)
    No I didn't mean that, I also thought they said name the shape so I put octohedral.

Sorry i meant the one at the top of a right hand page and i put propylamine for it but i've never been very good at naming
    oh that question, yeah i got propylamine. Well atleast we've established my other answer is wrong

ReputationRep:
    i put octahedral (initially put tertahedral D: but changed it last minute phew!) 6 and red/orange? will it be ok to put red/orange?

ReputationRep:
    and i said 1-aminoprapane for naming it!! i completely forgot how to do it! ahh ive lost so many stupid marks where i panicked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah17493)
    I did too!
    Same! *high five*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    i put octahedral (initially put tertahedral D: but changed it last minute phew!) 6 and red/orange? will it be ok to put red/orange?
    yeah, red/orage will be fine x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    and i said 1-aminoprapane for naming it!! i completely forgot how to do it! ahh ive lost so many stupid marks where i panicked
    I wrote that first, then changed it to propylamine. I think you would probably get the mark though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mBadAtMaths)
    I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs
    I wrote exactly the same. Was kinda suprised with the fact that the first question was from storylines. What about for the oxidation states question and which is the reducing agent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    what a convoluted paper.

PLEASE TELL ME THE FUNCTIONAL GROUPS WERE ALKENE AND AMIDE!!!!

Some of the questions were soooo weird, but some were so easy. So confused on how that went!
    well that's what i got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    I wrote that first, then changed it to propylamine. I think you would probably get the mark though
    god i really hope you are right i cannot afford to lose anymore marks than i already have :/

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else write addition and condensation for the cross linking crap??? what a laod of bull that question paper made me want to pick it up and slit my wrists with it.

ReputationRep:
    This went horrendously! June retake I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    ye i put that too, 1-aminopropane, either way is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahre)
    I wrote exactly the same. Was kinda suprised with the fact that the first question was from storylines. What about for the oxidation states question and which is the reducing agent?
    I cant remember that well, but i think put Br- as the reducing agent? Or did i put O3? Well what ever i put it took me 5 minutes to come to an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer_blazed)
    This went horrendously! June retake I think
    yeah man agreeeeed. but i already have to retake f332 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh such a nightmare i hate this subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xPixie)
    You've probably done alot better than you thought Half the people in my school who took M1 don't need it as we took 2 applied last year anyway, this is for AS Further Maths.. So most people just sat there for 1.5 hours Three people walked out But yeah, the projectiles question was the only one I could do other than the graph and displacement on question 1.. Thank god
    Wow, really? I thought the rest of it was generally okay though, so I think Q7 was really only my complete fail, haa.
    How did you find chem?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the colour of Fe(III)H206 violet? I put orange/yellow but I looked it up on google and it's purple..

ReputationRep:
    i put br- as the reducing agent because its oxidation number increased?? ahhh i really cant remember now my heads a mess what did everyone else put for this question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.