Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    The average British girl - 5ft 4 and a size 16 (medically overweight). A truly horrible average for any nation.
    it's a sickening reality, my father sometimes has treat people with comorbidities of obesity and often liaising with chief experts of obesity. they are worried, seeing more and more patients with these problems. its a new shape on the streets and its not pear, its round and its happening at a fast rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    None of that matters. Fact remains the UK is considered ugly. Why is this? You are trying to stupidly go on about the "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".

But that quote is untrue thanks to genetics.....
    Again you are trying to go on about "are they ugly?", not "why are they considered ugly?".
    got to agree with many posts here, lack of genetic diversity I myself believe has a dramatic impact, fueled highly with the type of life style ingrained here.

I created this superficially monstrous thread mainly due to observations of other nations and what is widely considered to be true. but why is this? u just have to type in the word ugly next to british in google and see the hits. do the same for spanish and its a different story (I'm not spanish by the way). so although its a negative thread I'm not attacking anyone, I want to know the arguments and understand why many foreign nations consider this true. although i got to admit it doesn't help the fact that many men have shaved heads which look like dirty tennis balls and sloping foreheads and the women are flabby. anyway it's important, ur more employable with a more symmetrical face and healthier physique, so it's not all about looks

ReputationRep:
    Bad, average and good looking people in Britain, just like any other race/country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Oh look, a judgement.

I can confidently say that I can look in the mirror and feel pretty proud of my looks actually, I don't even drink or eat unhealthy stuff often. Your ignorance prevails again. Half of my family aren't even British, so you can't put me in any group there. :rolleyes:

I just don't like people spouting wrong ideas/facts about things, like you. Just because no one in Britain cares enough to participate in that contest doesn't most of Britain's population is ugly. :rolleyes:

Funny how you say someone disagreeing with your views/'facts' (which said Germany was also among the ugliest with Britain) is off topic tbh, so my guess is that you're German, seeing as you're avoiding the arguments there. Germans are also stereotyped to be stubborn, so I wouldn't be surprised (you believe stereotypes after all).

Unless it's because you're a troll, which I wouldn't be surprised at either. :rolleyes:
    Kid, the fact is Brits ARE considered ugly.
    WHY IS THIS?
    Stop digressing, it's pathetically juvenile. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't think we are, and even if as a nation we are viewed as ugly...well it just makes me stand out all the more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    I was just about to post the same thing
    And two overweight ugly chicks! Thanks for the evidence! Don't eat all the Ben & Jerry's at once! :awesome:
    But seriously, ***** all you want, look in the mirror and note the lack of care you take with your appearance. That's the reason Brits are considered ugly. Plus your foul attitude shows it's both inside and out

ReputationRep:
    lololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Have you seen Miss England? Or Miss France? And so on, every country has a few beautiful people. But I'm talking in general, and in general I think British Girls are quite attractive. Persians are the only people I would say are equally or more attractive from that region, everywhere else around has a bad feature common among their people.
    Miss England was an Afghan. What does that say? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGuillotine)
    Miss England was an Afghan. What does that say? lol
    Which one, there's been lots and most of them are ethnically British :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    And two overweight ugly chicks! Thanks for the evidence! Don't eat all the Ben & Jerry's at once! :awesome:
    But seriously, ***** all you want, look in the mirror and note the lack of care you take with your appearance. That's the reason Brits are considered ugly. Plus your foul attitude shows it's both inside and out
    Haha, my 'foul attitude' haha, so much irony. Did I hit a nerve because you know you spend way too much time obsessing over these 'ugly overweight squat women' that are around every corner in Britain? It's kinda weird actually. Move abroad or something, we'd all thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    I dont even think you know which girl I was talking about, do you...?
    no, I assumed you were talking about the one in the green top. I have no objections to girls doing it, coz if they r hot then I enjoy it, if they arnt then I just dont look, simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    This thread has Mazty and Jimbo - it's now complete. :adore::adore:
    Yay it's Mazbo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Kid, the fact is Brits ARE considered ugly.
    A widespread belief is NOT a fact, especially when the opinion is mostly based on a stereotype, i.e. brits ALL have bad dental hygiene.

ReputationRep:
    Actually a think British men on the whole are pretty hot, particularly if they're in Australia on a working holiday or something, because then they're usually tanned and built.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    This is so true... If you go to some other countries, you'll certainly see a difference.

Brazil, Eastern Europe, Italy etc.

Also, the British tend to dress really badly.

Edit: I just found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-J9ZpQYW8s

HAHAAHA

(it is a little bit exaggearate, but, for the most part is accurate.)
    Say you want about British looks at least we have a sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    A widespread belief is NOT a fact, especially when the opinion is mostly based on a stereotype, i.e. brits ALL have bad dental hygiene.
    I for one have incredible dental hygiene, they still look like chicken nuggets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    :facepalm: The FACT is that Brits are CONSIDERED ugly. This is a fact because they constantly are referred to as being ugly - it's a fact that this widespread belief exists. That is not saying that Brits are ugly. Big difference...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my 'foul attitude' haha, so much irony. Did I hit a nerve because you know you spend way too much time obsessing over these 'ugly overweight squat women' that are around every corner in Britain? It's kinda weird actually. Move abroad or something, we'd all thank you
    Oh I am going to move abroad because I'm fed up of people like you. Girls who take no care or pride in their appearance because they are hideously insecure and therefore are thoroughly unattractive and awful company. And then you have the audacity to try and argue why everyone else is wrong when you certainly know they are 100% correct. You're simply a rather unpleasant person in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Oh I am going to move abroad because I'm fed up of people like you. Girls who take no care or pride in their appearance because they are hideously insecure and therefore are thoroughly unattractive and awful company. And then you have the audacity to try and argue why everyone else is wrong when you certainly know they are 100% correct. You're simply a rather unpleasant person in every way
    Aww, fanks

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, fanks

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.
    You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Shame.

To be honest, I wouldn't think Brits would care if foreigners they haven't met think we're ugly tbh.

We're known to have that 'up yours' attitude after all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.