Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, break every traffic rule on GTA 4.
    Run over all people ever on GTA 4 while shooting wildly with my sub machine gun.
    Sniping police officers and others on GTA 4.
    Oh yeah, and on Saints Row 2 i would try and get a few petrol tankers together and blow them all up in one go, what an explosion! :P

ReputationRep:
    Inviting Mr Burke into my room in Tenpenny Towers then killing him causing his body to explode due to bloody mess then keeping his head on the chair as an ornament

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes during civ 3, I would make maps involving one civilisation being on an island surrounded by volcanoes, with no resources, just so that I could bombard them in the game when I got a bit bored...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schemilix)
    I think we're talking within the boundaries of the game, as opposed to using a game to screw with everyone else because you don't know how to let stuff go. Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

I think playing paying pyro in TF2 automatically makes you evil.
    Arguably the meta-gaming is within the confines of the game given the fact that the game is effectively the sandbox between players (its a pvp game, so the meta-gaming, although terrible, is part of that meta-pvp).. If you want an example IN GAME, then;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8132547.stm

^an equilivant of around £3000 was stolen IN GAME from other players

The amount of ragequits I have seen is astonishing; your ship gets ganked if its too expensive, which may have taken months to save for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Oh god, I knowwwwww! I always yell "I'm actually sparing you by running away, you fools!" and if they won't leave alone I just end up killing them all (it's not like they didn't ask for it, I was on a roof for 5 seconds and some guards have followed me halfway across the city by then, I've had less of a chase after assassinating someone!!! And don't even get me started on the guards from the first one, you bump into one and - "KILL THE INFIDEL!!!!!!!" :lolwut:)

That always bugs me too, it's so tiresome going into a house/shop/alley and then finding your way blocked by about 10 people who love you. I actually had to restart the game once after 20 people bunched up behind me and glitched my character so I couldn't move or fast travel anywhere :|

But I guess we're the least evil people here, as we're always provoked after all...
    Oh God, dont even get me started on the guards. In the kingdom you're riding your horse and then all you hear is "KILL HIM!" All I was doing was minding my own business and travelling from one place to another. :dontknow:

Yep, we're definately not evil. Except when I had to kill a bunny for an achievement.

ReputationRep:
    Other than going on a mass killing spree of all the police officers in GTA IV beacuse they screwed up a mission for me - nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    Getting through on goal on fifa then when the keeper comes out passing to another player at scoring the open goal.
    Also On Abes Oddysee when my sister left her game on i once jumped down a whole which kills Abe and quicksaved it just before he died so everytime he died it autoreloaded the quick save and he died again.
    On Left 4 dead getting to the safe room first then shooting an alarmed car so a horde come for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Oh God, dont even get me started on the guards. In the kingdom you're riding your horse and then all you hear is "KILL HIM!" All I was doing was minding my own business and travelling from one place to another. :dontknow:

Yep, we're definately not evil. Except when I had to kill a bunny for an achievement.
    That bugged me so much, because you could essentially do nothing without killing EVERY GUARD IN THE AREA!! It confused me so much as well, I was like "I'm riding a horse, perfectly normal thing to do!!!" (ridiculous how you had to walk to not be noticed, would take you an hour to get anywhere!) until I read in the manual or something that "guards are always on the lookout for bandits and assassins in these areas". How perfectly convenient :|

But it was in the name of achievement whoring!!! The bad thing about when I shot a rabbit was when I didn't know there was an achievement for it :rofl:
    I swear vegans made that game or something, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    That bugged me so much, because you could essentially do nothing without killing EVERY GUARD IN THE AREA!! It confused me so much as well, I was like "I'm riding a horse, perfectly normal thing to do!!!" (ridiculous how you had to walk to not be noticed, would take you an hour to get anywhere!) until I read in the manual or something that "guards are always on the lookout for bandits and assassins in these areas". How perfectly convenient :|

But it was in the name of achievement whoring!!! The bad thing about when I shot a rabbit was when I didn't know there was an achievement for it :rofl:
    I swear vegans made that game or something, though...
    And why cant Altair swim? The amount of times ive fallen in the river in Damascus. :facepalm2:

Wasnt there also an achievement for kicking a chicken? I did that as early as possible. Kicking chickens doesnt count as being evil. Theyre fair game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    And why cant Altair swim? The amount of times ive fallen in the river in Damascus. :facepalm2:

Wasnt there also an achievement for kicking a chicken? I did that as early as possible. Kicking chickens doesnt count as being evil. Theyre fair game.
    Oh christ, that!!! In the memory near the end I desynched about 20 times because of the damned water, not to mention the times the drunk ****ers shoved me in :|

hahahhha that was one of the first achievements I got (again, unwittingly) because I was playing with a friend and they told me I could kick chickens and I spent about 5 minutes doing nothing but that XD
    And I think chickens are ok because you don't kill them or something pedantic like that...

ReputationRep:
    I've deranked quite a few kids on Black Ops, serves them right for trying to hack prestiges though.

ReputationRep:
    Betraying a fellow human so they respawn near a horde of zombies in Halo Alpha Zombies.

ReputationRep:
    When I first played Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 as a child, at the section where Sniper Wolf first shoots Meryl, I used to stand behind the wall and kill her over and over, all while monologuing to myself an imagined dialogue. For instance:

"It's OK Snake, it's OK that you killed me and the unborn baby in my body, because I have stupid hair and therefore deserve to die in as slow and painful a way as possible, so that my unborn baby can equally be ravaged by pain and misery. Shoot me with that gun, fire it into my eye so that it explodes, sending goo flying all over, my brains seeping out the back of my head into a small, rapidly crusting pool on the floor, matting in my hair. Do it for the world, Snake, do it for good."

I was a very imaginative child.

ReputationRep:
    GTA3:

1. Pick up prostitute.
    2. Do the dirty and have your health topped up.
    3. Bash prostitute's brains in with crow bar.
    4. Get your money back from dead prostitute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    It was on Battlefield 2.... I was a US marine on a aircraft carrier waiting for a black hawk to spawn so i could jump on and go to the mainland. But, i missed out and the chopper was full before i could get on. So, what did I do? I planted C4 on it, waited for it to take off and then... blew it up with 8 allied soldiers in it

I got banned off the server for that, but hey it was worth it. And i managed to talk my way out of a perma ban later on Absolute Win
    I hated people like you when I played BF2... :L Then again I also did the C4 blackhawk trick on that map, but only when 1 guy jumped in and left us all sitting on the carrier!
    What did you say to avoid the ban?

ReputationRep:
    Flooding a mine-craft sever with lava.

Literally hundreds of hours of peoples creativity/enjoyment work destroyed.

Was epic.

ReputationRep:
    When i was younger i always used to take a piece of fence out of an animal encloser on Zoo Tycoon and watched the lions chase after the poor innocent people... Muahahha *cough*.

I know its not that bad, but at the time I thought I was an evil genius.

Oh and on sims 2/3 I had the tendency to make a sims wife always woohoo with the maid/mechanic/etc and then make the husband walk in... Guess that one speaks for itself.. /virtual relationship destroyer..

ReputationRep:
    GTA1 - running over as many pedestrians as possible in a straight line on the pavement, only to then annoyingly crash into something.

ReputationRep:
    Getting hookers on gta then killing them and taking my money back

building 1 x 1 house on sims with an oven, no smoke alarm and no door. Watch the sim burn alive. Then kill him and take his money
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I drowned all of the shops of the Market District in watermelons in Oblivion using the arrow glitch

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.