POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
vilongo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I said supposed, and you don't know whether that posting was recently edited foo.
They said he was simply shot in the head.
Mad Cat Lady
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It will probably lead to retaliation, yes, but someone capable of pulling off something like 9/11 is far too dangerous to be in the world, regardless of his followers or whatever. No one's pretending this is the end, if anything its the beginning, but at least we have rid ourselves of one more danger in the world. So long as we expect and safeguard against every eventuality we have a chance of winning
Abbadon27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The conspiracy theorists are going to go nuts with this one.
Dennn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aspiringwhatever)
By killing him they made him a martyr... They should have arrested him and brought him to The Hague so that he can be held responsible and be judged for all the things he did... In my opinion by killing him the US made a big mistake because now they gave the Al-Quaeda a "reason" to be angry and have revenge bombings, however if he was judged by The Hague the situation would have been different...
I don't think it would be as simple as just arresting him as he is likely to be armed. Apparently he was given the opportunity to surrender, but if Osama Bin Laden had a gun and even made the slightest movement I know I'd shoot him.
Horatio-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I feel this is so typical that they decided to tell the world this right now.

Blatantly make everyone forget the new and relevant worries in the world and feel safe and secure again.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Annie72)
Thats the photo that is being shown on the news as being "new" and proof that he is dead.I agree it certainly does look shopped.Wonder whats going on........seems a bit strange to me.
If it is PhotoShopped then the news media has been duped.
If its legit then expect a bunch of clever conspiracy theorist manipulating those recent leaked pic to ccontort their beliefs into reality by making others believe it was already known. My guess is that it most likely is fake. I want video proof of this, not a mere **** pic.
KingMessi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Baltimoron)
I can almost guarantee this is real. The President would never give a press conference about this unless it was 100% confirmed he was dead.
This. Imagine how embarrassing it would be for Obama if it was discovered to be a hoax/wrong.
adam_zed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tonn)
Yay! he cant plot to kill people anymore! Result!
omg omg terrorism is extinct now init!

its not like people like him were just born with a need to murder innocent people. as long as we are reckless with our foreign policy, people like him are always going to continue to sprout up. killing bin laden doesnt somehow disable the rest of al-qaeda and stop them from killing and plotting. a government stamps on the testicles of a dog and that dog is likely to bite back, however its innocent people who end up suffering the anger of this lowly dog, not so much the government.

this guy had by now become some sort of goldstein character anyway. so many terrorist attacks were attributed to him when in fact they were just inspired by the same strand of ideology that he followed and had little to do with him.

i never really understood what these groups aimed to get from attacks like 9/11 anyway. I mean as opposed to bringing any attention to whatever plight supposed they are trying to highlight, the horrific murder of so many people just instead unites nations against the attacker.
JohnC2211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Love how everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that one woman was used as a human shield, and subsequently killed, and 2 more female civilians were injured. This is why they should have sent in the SAS or Marines/Paras.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Proper hoax like :hand: I'm in Belize atm and just seen him with Biggie and Tupac. Just a ploy by Obama to gain re-election in 2012 isn't it :rolleyes:
Krebs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Would have been better if they brought him in alive.

Also, I'm sure Al-Qaeda will still go one - just another crazy man leading them.
username521600
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is one of the greatest days ever! Justice has been brought. I have to congratulate Bush and Obama for their efforts, and of course those men and women in uniform. The one who pulled the trigger is truly a hero. I believe Bin Laden is now in hell. I hope he is enjoying the hottest shelf.
CharlieBee_90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
Sure, let's do that.

2 wars, a million dead, trillions of dollars spent. Totally worth it for the death of one man. Justice has been done, no more terrorism!

That was Bush, not Obama.
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reports on BBC News that Bin Laden has already been buried at sea, to respect the Islamic belief of burying a body quickly.
HJV
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone else find it pretty macabre that there's people celebrating someones death with champagne bottles and American flags wrapped around them?
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
the kind of bloke who arbitrates the murder of hundreds of people by having planes flown into thier offices would pretty much suffice i imagine.
Do the millions of death in here suffice?

pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HJV)
Anyone else find it pretty macabre that there's people celebrating someones death with champagne bottles and American flags wrapped around them?
Not this time, no. I would normally, but he's such a symbol of the absolute fail that has been US foreign policy (and UK tbh) over the last 10 years that it is a huge relief that he's dead.

I just hope MI5 are working hard to prevent whatever the hell retaliation is bound to happen here or on the other side of the pond..
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HJV)
I thought so at first but then I rembered the act of him being killed deserves to be celebrated because he was such a ****.

People should be holding street parties today, not last Friday. :party:
Wata
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well if this is true, it took em' almost 10 years didn't it!
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol I can already imagine America thinking that the mastermind has been killed therefore Al Qaida is stopped.

:bl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads