Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seems that anyone who has got an interview so far has a2 predictions of atleast A*AA? Am I right? Anyone with an interview with predictions of AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aye7777)
    Seems that anyone who has got an interview so far has a2 predictions of atleast A*AA? Am I right? Anyone with an interview with predictions of AAA?
    Yep, I've got an interview and I've got AAA predictions.
    I think they look at the personal statements of everyone with 17-18 points at GCSE and rank them, with the best ones being invited to interview first.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get an email or letter or something telling you you have been invited for an interview? Seeing as UCAS track is down? Its killing me not knowing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hansmith1996)
    Do you get an email or letter or something telling you you have been invited for an interview? Seeing as UCAS track is down? Its killing me not knowing :/
    Yeah, they send you an email letting you know - also your track will not update to tell you that you have an interview. For me it still says they they are considering my application, even though I have an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelica.)
    Well done!! What are your stats? Did you get it today?
    Thank you and yeah I got it at 10:50!
    My stats are GCSE: 1A* 8A
    AS: AAAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voldermort)
    Do you think there's still a chance I get a interview with AABB, its juts that there are ALOT of student from my school who have applied to Liverpool and most have AAAA
    Yeah absolutely, Liverpool aren't too fussed about AS levels anyway, it's mostly down to the GCSEs and personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumiya)
    thank you

i got the email today at 9:40am
    my interview is wednesday 27th at 9.40am

stats: 6A*s 4As - GCSE
    Predicted - A*AA
    Hey, when did you send off your application? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring doctor!)
    I think they look at the personal statements of everyone with 17-18 points at GCSE and rank them, with the best ones being invited to interview first.
    This theory could be right I think. Got an interview today at 10.30 and had 18 points, so maybe. Also, I think other people who have said they've already got interviews have got high GCSE points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayyanN)
    This theory could be right I think. Got an interview today at 10.30 and had 18 points, so maybe. Also, I think other people who have said they've already got interviews have got high GCSE points.
    Congrats on your interview! I only had 17 points and my interview is on the 26th, so I think it must be heavily based on the ps

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your interview! I only had 17 points and my interview is on the 26th, so I think it must be heavily based on the ps
    Thanks, you too How are you going to prepare for the interview? I'm slightly unsure about what I can do to prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayyanN)
    Thanks, you too How are you going to prepare for the interview? I'm slightly unsure about what I can do to prepare for it?
    Thanks Well I bought the ISC medicine interview book which is apparently pretty good, plus the new version was published this year so all the info is up to date - so I'll probably use that then do a couple of mock interviews with friends/family. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Well I bought the ISC medicine interview book which is apparently pretty good, plus the new version was published this year so all the info is up to date - so I'll probably use that then do a couple of mock interviews with friends/family. How about yourself?
    Yh the same, dont really know what else we can do other then that

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody who got an interview mind posting or pming their personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    Feel like crying no interview for me, lets hope I can say yet

ReputationRep:
    Might not be. I've got predictions of AAA but I only have 16 GCSE points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    Yeah it's fine
    Should be fine, I've got an interview with ABBB in AS

ReputationRep:
    Have any re-applicants received an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorSomebody)
    Have any re-applicants received an interview yet?
    I'm a resit applicant and no I haven't had an interview yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aye7777)
    I'm a resit applicant and no I haven't had an interview yet
    Me too . Man liverpool do like to take the piss! Lol i have a suspision that more December interviews and jan interviews are likely . I personally think liverpool recieved slightly less applicants hence started interviewing abit later and are spreading out interviews . I only assume this bcuz the ukcat avg is at 660 which is kinda high . More people confident of ukcat = less choosing to apply to non ukcat unis . But hey that's a massive assumption. But I hope there some truth

Either way I want an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutlibd1)
    Me too . Man liverpool do like to take the piss! Lol i have a suspision that more December interviews and jan interviews are likely . I personally think liverpool recieved slightly less applicants hence started interviewing abit later and are spreading out interviews . I only assume this bcuz the ukcat avg is at 660 which is kinda high . More people confident of ukcat = less choosing to apply to non ukcat unis . But hey that's a massive assumption. But I hope there some truth

Either way I want an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting theory. I hope you're right too.

I'm worried that Liverpool have a greater preference for first-time applicants than re-applicants as it seems to me that all the interviews that have been handed out so far have only been awarded to those still in sixth-form.

Despite this, I suppose it's still early days. We still can hope.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.