Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    You know how you talked about the Russo-jap war, didn't that take place in 1904 so that affected the tsars downfall and not the provisional gov since they took power in 1917

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh must of gotten it mixed up, is everything else i put okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I was thinking the exact same thing, which question did you choose for Russia Sara? I choose agriculture and industry because I knew I didn't have enough evidence to hype up war to be this massive catalyst and factor for the downfall. Managed to say in the industry/agriculture one that due to Russia not broadening its horizons to areas of capital/enterprise and other industrial sectors there was no transformation at all
    Question,the question mentioned industry only not economy in general, wouldn't mentioning agriculture be of no importance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eterniity)
    Question,the question mentioned industry only not economy in general, wouldn't mentioning agriculture be of no importance?
    No, it said ''Russian agriculture and industry'' 1881-1914

ReputationRep:
    No, it said ''Russian agriculture and industry'' 1881-1914
    aaaa damn I'm talking about the wrong question :P, I meant the Stalin question. Everyone's getting me scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eterniity)
    aaaa damn I'm talking about the wrong question :P, I meant the Stalin question. Everyone's getting me scared!
    It's interesting how they are similarly themed though (around economics). Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, the civil rights and tsarist russia questions went very well for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchmaker)
    That sounds like an excellent, well balanced answer, I'm sure you'll get great marks! I just wish I'd just though of some of those counter arguments and detail in the exam what topic are you doing for unit 2?
    Crown, Parliament and Authority 1588-1629. Basically Queen Elizabeth, King James and King Charles. Paper 2 is my strong point so I'm not too worried What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Who is doing early modern British history: crown and authority

Posted from TSR Mobile

If thats the henry the eighth one, then me.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the exact same thing, which question did you choose for Russia Sara? I choose agriculture and industry because I knew I didn't have enough evidence to hype up war to be this massive catalyst and factor for the downfall. Managed to say in the industry/agriculture one that due to Russia not broadening its horizons to areas of capital/enterprise and other industrial sectors there was no transformation at all
    I thought all the questions were pretty good, but from d3 I did the provisional government and from d4 I did why it was easy for stalin to fragrant his political rivals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landing)
    Ahhh must of gotten it mixed up, is everything else i put okay?
    Yh everything else is good and don't worry about that mistake u won't loose any marks because the examiners do not do negative marking they will give you marks on the good points which you've put in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getoom)
    If thats the henry the eighth one, then me.
    Ah nope, it's on Elizabeth I, James I and Charles

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i knew the material by heart, just in the exam i think i didn't write clear enough , or possibly didn't expand my points.
    In stalin's russian:
    i talked about his position as general secretary-people were loyal to him ,he let poorly educated people in the party,most important factor
    his personality ,he was not seen as a threat compared with trotsky,zinoviev and kamenev backed him when he offered to resign-hardly fought
    I talked about the divisions over the NEP, the fact that he tried to defeat his opponents one by one,-easily
    i kept focus on why it was so easy for him to defeat them i said it was hardly fought , 4-5 pages
    In maos China: also 4-5 pages
    i talked about the five year plans and said that they were a success,increase in production sino-soviet pact ,creation of new industries, economic improvement related to the industry
    I talked about Great leap forward and said that was a failure because:
    Backyard furnaces
    SOEs
    Fall in agriculture affected the industry+figures
    Anti rightist movement, maos bad policies ,no one dared to crticise the plans + Peng dehuai lushan conference
    DO YOU THINK ITS enough for an A, because Im so worried and I really cant decide ;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    i knew the material by heart, just in the exam i think i didn't write clear enough , or possibly didn't expand my points.
    In stalin's russian:
    i talked about his position as general secretary-people were loyal to him ,he let poorly educated people in the party,most important factor
    his personality ,he was not seen as a threat compared with trotsky,zinoviev and kamenev backed him when he offered to resign-hardly fought
    I talked about the divisions over the NEP, the fact that he tried to defeat his opponents one by one,-easily
    i kept focus on why it was so easy for him to defeat them i said it was hardly fought , 4-5 pages
    In maos China: also 4-5 pages
    i talked about the five year plans and said that they were a success,increase in production sino-soviet pact ,creation of new industries, economic improvement related to the industry
    I talked about Great leap forward and said that was a failure because:
    Backyard furnaces
    SOEs
    Fall in agriculture affected the industry+figures
    Anti rightist movement, maos bad policies ,no one dared to crticise the plans + Peng dehuai lushan conference
    DO YOU THINK ITS enough for an A, because Im so worried and I really cant decide ;
    Is someone going to answer me?!!! Please just tell me something im so stressed because i really studied for this exam :-(((

ReputationRep:
    Is someone going to answer me?!!! Please just tell me something im so stressed because i really studied for this exam :-(((
    If you put all that in, you would probably have gotten at least a C. However, you could also have gotten 30/30 (judging by your grammar on this threat that is potentially unlikely, though). In history exams it is not necessarily about content so much as a coherent, well thought out and evaluated argument. However, with relevant factual detail as you have noted the chances are you will receive at least a Level 3. With good analysis, that could go up to wherever it does. We haven't seen your essay. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CooperTrooper)
    If you put all that in, you would probably have gotten at least a C. However, you could also have gotten 30/30 (judging by your grammar on this threat that is potentially unlikely, though). In history exams it is not necessarily about content so much as a coherent, well thought out and evaluated argument. However, with relevant factual detail as you have noted the chances are you will receive at least a Level 3. With good analysis, that could go up to wherever it does. We haven't seen your essay. Good luck
    i wouldnt really pay that much attention to my grammar on the internet, but it is true though.English is not my first language and sometimes i am held back by a difficulty in expressing myself. But i hope it was not a C because i already have a C in unit 1 that i did in january. I did offer some analysis and i did say that which factor was the most important .But in the china one i talked more about why the industry wasnt transformed rather than ow much it was transformed and i think im going to lose mark on that . I really worked hard for it ,but the truth is there is nothing i can do about , i was responsible for wasting 15000 pounds of my dads money :-(

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt really pay that much attention to my grammar on the internet, but it is true though.English is not my first language and sometimes i am held back by a difficulty in expressing myself. But i hope it was not a C because i already have a C in unit 1 that i did in january. I did offer some analysis and i did say that which factor was the most important .But in the china one i talked more about why the industry wasnt transformed rather than ow much it was transformed and i think im going to lose mark on that . I really worked hard for it ,but the truth is there is nothing i can do about , i was responsible for wasting 15000 pounds of my dads money :-(
    I don't quite understand the last point you made. I'm sure you did fine - wait until August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie5)
    No actually everyone in my school did federal government, I wrote about 5 for civil rights and 4 and a halfish for Vietnam. I was worrying I didn't write enough when my friend said she wrote 8 pages for one (must have been an exaggeration to be honest) but nevertheless, how about for you guys which was more popular?
    Likewise with my school, everyone seemed to do the Fed Govt. one. I did the MLK/Black Power one though... What did you talka bout?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do both Russia things in option D?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophtommo)
    Did anyone do both Russia things in option D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I did the Provisional Government question and the the Industrial Policies question, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah nope, it's on Elizabeth I, James I and Charles

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing that one too, how are you structuring your revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine95)
    Yeah, I did the Provisional Government question and the the Industrial Policies question, how about you?
    Provisional Government and how Stalin got to power ~~ they were the dream questions for me!!! 😍🙌

Here's hoping I got my A to do history at a Russell Group Uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.