Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis2703)
    Yeah but you just have to read the clues carefully and get your +/- signs right

One thing confuses me though, two lines are skew when A) they aren't parallel and B) they don't intesect, however on most questions saying "prove they are skew" you don't have to make any reference to condition A you just have to show they don't intersect. But occasionally you do have to mention that they aren't parallel. I find this really weird.

If you mention about the two lines not being parallel would you lose marks even if on most of the mark schemes this factor is not mentioned?
    umm its still valid, as skew just means its neither of the two so I don't think you would be penalized but tbh I would play it safe and just stick to usual I pray we don't get a nasty vector question tomoro pleaseeeeeeeeeeee OCR let C4 be straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    I haven't even started revising
    I started today... ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginny-)
    do you have the mark scheme?
    its on previous pages someone else posted one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    its on previous pages someone else posted one!
    ahh thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    I started today... ****!
    Bull**** mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    umm its still valid, as skew just means its neither of the two so I don't think you would be penalized but tbh I would play it safe and just stick to usual I pray we don't get a nasty vector question tomoro pleaseeeeeeeeeeee OCR let C4 be straight forward.
    example of nasty vector q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master y)
    example of nasty vector q?
    look at ones that involve shapes, those are the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jassi1)
    Thanks, that was a nice one.

Spoiler:
    Show
      \frac{e^{ax}}{a^2+b^2} (asinbx-bcosbx) +c
    OMG YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME! I got the same answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing Al)
    Yeah I am stuck on this one too.

(Original post by Morrison131)
    can anyone explain the jan 12 question 7 on vectors please! I just dont understand this stuff at all i can do the easy vector questions such as showing that they intersect or that they are skew etc but cant do these! please help mee!
    Hope this helps
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    if a question said:
    Using integration by parts show that integral of x^0.5 lnx dx = 4/9ln(2e^3 +1) with limits e^2 and 1
    how would you do it?

Also, integral of (1+tan2x+tan^2 (2x) ) dx with limits 1/8pi and 0

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Vectors could be at the end of the paper(although it was at June 11). There hasn't been a nasty integration question at the end for awhile either. Well Jan 13 last question was integrating a partial fraction but that doesn't count. Could be parametric equations. Tbh A variety of things could come up, I do have to worrying feeling vectors may hold a decent amount of marks in our paper though, hope I am wrong! :s

ReputationRep:
    I started today... ****!
    I started tonight.. Had an exam this afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igloo1)
    I started tonight.. Had an exam this afternoon
    Bull**** as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    You cycle it by parts until you get the original integral as one of the parts right? then you can simplify then solve

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by jassi1)
    Thanks, that was a nice one.

Spoiler:
    Show
      \frac{e^{ax}}{a^2+b^2} (asinbx-bcosbx) +c
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Bull**** as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry, what am I lying about then, because you know me SO well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Yep
    Are you doing c4 tomz?? if you are your going to tear it a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _theChief_)
    you'd be stupid not to have... D: what do you need??

A C, probably higher as I probably failed c3 :mad:
    wbu?

I started today... ****!
    Oh dear, well good luck!! I wouldn't manage that tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis2703)
    Vectors could be at the end of the paper(although it was at June 11). There hasn't been a nasty integration question at the end for awhile either. Well Jan 13 last question was integrating a partial fraction but that doesn't count. Could be parametric equations. Tbh A variety of things could come up, I do have to worrying feeling vectors may hold a decent amount of marks in our paper though, hope I am wrong! :s
    No, vectors will be simple ones only, Jan 13 had 2 vector questions, I think hardest stuff will be integrals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igloo1)
    I'm sorry, what am I lying about then, because you know me SO well?
    Cos nobody in their right mind would do that, especially one:

1. Studying maths at A2- Obviously a bright pupil
    2. Discussing the exam- If you just started then you obviously don't care about the exam, so why are you talking about it?

In August you'll be back on saying "oh my god I revised for 1 day and got an A, woo"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    No, vectors will be simple ones only, Jan 13 had 2 vector questions, I think hardest stuff will be integrals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but both vectors questions are fairly small, normally in the papers it is either 2 small vectors questions or one larger vectors question. So I just guessed it would be the latter based off the former being in Jans paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.