ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFalcon)
    Yep just going through it all now

Just hoping for some really nice questions to come up

Good luck for tomorrow!
    How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming there's hardly any Tib&Clau posts here because we're all drowning in alcohol after how horrific that exam was?

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure how I felt the Aeneid paper went. I chose book 6 but for the first question my mind went completely blank. I knew the place in Italy I was looking for was Cumae but all I could remember was that it began with C The forty mark was okay as was the ten but I didn't particularly like the 20! There just isn't enough time in an hour and a half to write everything as well as consider your answers and plan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natterina)
    I'm assuming there's hardly any Tib&Clau posts here because we're all drowning in alcohol after how horrific that exam was?
    I almost ran out of time! which options did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did Tib&Claud and almost cried during the exam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanie_Olivia)
    I almost ran out of time! which options did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the Claudius/Tib and Praetorian guard one with twenty minutes left (oops) and then the weaknesses and strengths as emperor, but it confused me at first because I didn't know if we had to talk about the reigns or their personalities what the heck were they playing at with those 20 markers though, they were practically mini forty markers! Which ones did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaboat)
    I did Tib&Claud and almost cried during the exam...
    Same, I took one look at the paper and nearly cried there and then I hope that one has lower grade boundaries since it was so difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte.e.r)
    Not entirely sure how I felt the Aeneid paper went. I chose book 6 but for the first question my mind went completely blank. I knew the place in Italy I was looking for was Cumae but all I could remember was that it began with C The forty mark was okay as was the ten but I didn't particularly like the 20! There just isn't enough time in an hour and a half to write everything as well as consider your answers and plan!
    Book 11 came up as you feared :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I did the Claudius/Tib and Praetorian guard one with twenty minutes left (oops) and then the weaknesses and strengths as emperor, but it confused me at first because I didn't know if we had to talk about the reigns or their personalities what the heck were they playing at with those 20 markers though, they were practically mini forty markers! Which ones did you do?
    I did option A which I think was the praetorian guard one? :/ & then I did the strengths and weaknesses too! I tried to write about everything which I regret now because I could have done it better I know! Trying to fit everything in the 20 mark question was really difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did option A which I think was the praetorian guard one? :/ & then I did the strengths and weaknesses too! I tried to write about everything which I regret now because I could have done it better I know! Trying to fit everything in the 20 mark question was really difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, we did the same ones then! I too tried to write everything for the 20, and it was difficult because it was practically a forty marker! That could easily have been a praetorian guard vs other factors for a forty if they'd put their minds to it, it was really unfair think I spent about five minutes trying to think what to put into it! How do you think you've done? I think I've scraped a high D or a low C, which sucks cause I need a B for uni

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, thinking back on the 20 marker in the Aeneid paper I chose the first one. Unfortunately I wrote about details in Book 6 explaning why it was such an important turning point >.< oops. Did mention how Book 4 was an important turning point tho :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorA)
    Book 11 came up as you feared :eek:
    I know! Luckily book 6 saved me a little. I could remember about Evander and Pallas and the meetings and things in book 11 but very little else! D:

ReputationRep:
    I did the Tiberius questions about how much attention was given to those That succeeded them (20 marks), and how their early careers helped their emperor life (10 marks) and then the weakness and strength essay.

Happy bunny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_lou)
    How did you find it today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i was happy with it what about u?? did you do the turning point question?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Comedy on Thursday? If so, any tips? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Same, I took one look at the paper and nearly cried there and then I hope that one has lower grade boundaries since it was so difficult

I really hope so!

I completely misread the questions too, I thought attention meant how much attention they spent on each prospective successor and how balanced they were meant bias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamna01)
    i was happy with it what about u?? did you do the turning point question?
    Yeah I was really happy too yeah I did the book 6 q as i had actually planned that 20 marker! Did you do the first or second 40 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My plan was to do the Claudius questions and the questions on the writers but when I looked at the Claudius questions, yeah my jaw kinda dropped :eek:

So I did the Tiberius questions and the strengths and weaknesses of the emperors instead :/

Exam was okay I think...

How did you find yours?

How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep me too!

The Tiberius questions seemed less complicated than the Claudius ones which was weird because I always felt the Claudius ones were simpler from the past papers.

The 40 marker was a good essay question I think

(Original post by Her.Dark.Majesty)
    I did the Tiberius questions about how much attention was given to those That succeeded them (20 marks), and how their early careers helped their emperor life (10 marks) and then the weakness and strength essay.

Happy bunny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaboat)
    I really hope so!

I completely misread the questions too, I thought attention meant how much attention they spent on each prospective successor and how balanced they were meant bias
    Aw no! Mind you, I looked at that question and if I would have done it, I would have answered it like you did, so you're probably not the only one who did that! I hope if so many have answered like we have, or ran out of time, or just plain struggled, they might just lower the boundaries for this year! Fingers crossed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.