Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JG1027)
    anyone what did you get for the variance was it adverse? :confused:
    It was £154,400 adverse.
    WHAT THE **** IS DEBT FACTORING? I ASKED MY TEACHER AFTER THE EXAM AND HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW? Does anyone know what it is? I wrote about the overdraft, is that right?

ReputationRep:
    i got (-153) didnt you have to get the actual profit variance - the budget profit variance :confused:

ReputationRep:
    did you have to leave it in pounds :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Debt factoring is letting other businesses buy your debts.

ReputationRep:
    is it ok if i put a mark and said my answers were in £000 and put my answer as adverse -153

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JG1027)
    is it ok if i put a mark and said my answers were in £000 and put my answer as adverse -153
    Usually on the mark scheme they will have a lot of answers, so I am sure you will be fine. Even if you said it was in pounds.

ReputationRep:
    True the last question did lack information in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what I put for the variance I think it was around the 150,000 mark and it was Adverse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeBarrett1)
    True the last question did lack information in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I know right! Couldn't really think of much, but in the end I came up with ideas. The room were were in was stuffy as well, and really hot!

ReputationRep:
    I got adverse 80.9 or something..

Debt factoring I put that it was when the business receives immediate cash and then has to pay charge because it receives money immediately.. and said it was good for them as they had 35 trade credit to customers and only 15 days receiving cash from suppliers therefore their cash flow will be minus and debt factoring will help them keep more inflows and for drawback said it costs them a lot due to (charges) and also said that their position is already deteriorating..
    Anyone put thiss??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    You're not suppose to be discussing the exam! Some people haven't even took it yet so you're just making it easier for them.
    good point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    You're not suppose to be discussing the exam! Some people haven't even took it yet so you're just making it easier for them.
    That's only for Edexcel, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)

Debt factoring I put that it was when the business receives immediate cash and then has to pay charge because it receives money immediately.. and said it was good for them as they had 35 trade credit to customers and only 15 days receiving cash from suppliers therefore their cash flow will be minus and debt factoring will help them keep more inflows and for drawback said it costs them a lot due to (charges) and also said that their position is already deteriorating..
    Anyone put thiss??
    Unfortunatelly, u are wrong, they do not pay anything as "charge"
    Also, ud better say that debt factoring provides maximum 80% , in rare cases 85-90% of debt as immidiate cash, and caltulate those % of the debt from customres ^^

ReputationRep:
    I guess admins should close this topic for now, its not about only the laws of website, its against the laws of exams in general and its policy. you MUST NOT discuss any thing what was in the exam..untill 12 pm

ReputationRep:
    "Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE (other than orals and practicals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams. In any situations where exams from these boards are taken internationally, the exam board is satisfied that appropriate controls are already in place."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    "Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE (other than orals and practicals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams. In any situations where exams from these boards are taken internationally, the exam board is satisfied that appropriate controls are already in place."
    Wont be arguering, just said in case of safety e.t.c )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevmov)
    Unfortunatelly, u are wrong, they do not pay anything as "charge"
    Also, ud better say that debt factoring provides maximum 80% , in rare cases 85-90% of debt as immidiate cash, and caltulate those % of the debt from customres ^^
    yeah,,but still they have to give money because of the immediate cash!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)

Anyone put thiss??
    I got 80.9 too I'm not sure how people got 150 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevmov)
    Wont be arguering, just said in case of safety e.t.c )
    There isn't much to discuss really, every point is right, as long as it is relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarmu)
    Has anyone phoned up AQA to see what is likely to come up? My friend said he phoned them and they said variance is likely to pop up.

Don't know if anyone has linked this, but this could be useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...linic-may-2013
    Looks like my friend was right, glad I listened to him :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.