Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going by the fact that this is the first thread I've seen that 'bashes' right wing views I would say that TSR is more righty then lefty.

Poster A279 has started 30 pro right/anti left wing threads this past month.

Right wing posts get negged because they mostly border on hate and racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Rightwingers outnumber leftwingers by something like 2:1 on TSR, in terms of individuals and about 5:1 in terms of postings.
    Total rubbish I made a thread where I asked why so many people are left wing and I got negged to oblivion

Never mind the urban dictionary definition of TSR lool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    I think multiculturalism has somewhat failed- we should encourage people to feel proud to be British so there is less divisions in certain communities- think Oldham!
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear

Ironically, I actually agree with you on this! Not necessarily British but we should certainly encourage communities to be more united.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Going by the fact that this is the first thread I've seen that 'bashes' right wing views I would say that TSR is more righty then lefty.

I've never been accused of racism! That's slander Izzy

Some of my posts are anti-EU the great irony was that it was the lefties who used to oppose membership of the EU!

You are exaggerating

ReputationRep:
    Rightwingers outnumber leftwingers by something like 2:1 on TSR, in terms of individuals and about 5:1 in terms of postings.
    I wouldnt be too sure about that.

I recent poll on here showed that most TSR users consider them self left wing. So you should feel right at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    I've never been accused of racism! That's slander Izzy

Some of my posts are anti-EU the great irony was that it was the lefties who used to oppose membership of the EU!

You are exaggerating
    LOL, when you say something they dont like, its never long before the Nazi/BNP/EDL comparison is made

or you get called the R, H, or X word.

Just do what I do when they use their marxist buzz words and laugh at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    I heard that Oxford is considered more conservative and Cambridge was more liberal not sure. Interestingly in the USA all the top universities i.e ivy league is mainly considered liberal or progressive
    Nope. Harvard is a hotbed of righties, Princeton and Yale ditto. Chomsky is at MIT which is outside the Ivy. Only Brown and Columbia are really well known for having a lot of 'liberal' thinkers not being outnumbered by rightwingers. I'm focusing on fields where this matters, like economics and politics.

ReputationRep:

Loool I have seen do many anti-UKIP threads here

You clearly are biased in your research methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)

Its never long before the BNP comparison is made. Irony is that the BNP are more like Labour than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)

How do you manage to see any threads other than your own? There are so many.

ReputationRep:
    Whats your beef with him? He plays by the rules on here. So fair play to him in my book.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I've stopped posting here since the UKIP meme generator started making threads. Won't be long til things get to the level of teabaggery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    Whats your beef with him? He plays by the rules on here. So fair play to him in my book.
    A279 is alright, it's just that he has started quite a lot of threads in the past few weeks. He's getting famous! (or should that be infamous?)

ReputationRep:
    A279 is alright, it's just that he has started quite a lot of threads in the past few weeks. He's getting famous! (or should that be infamous?)
    He's a thread starter. Twisted thread starter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    He's a thread starter. Twisted thread starter.
    Lol! The Prodigy of TSR. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    To be honest I've stopped posting here since the UKIP meme generator started making threads. Won't be long til things get to the level of teabaggery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you feel it has become automated now? I wondered if this is a software phenomenon. Some kind of bizarre social experiment at one of our more technical universities perhaps? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    When I came to TSR a few years ago, this place was a leftist hot bed kind of like a spin off of Revleft.

So I dont blame people for going mad and post a few new threads to bring some balance back. Also this place makes a nice change from day to day crushing force of leftism that can be found on university campuses.

Yeah, I do concede that constantly posting threads is a little spammy and material spends hardly any time on the first page, but thats the way it is now. Personally I keep my new material to once or twice and week and try to divide it between here and the debate forums.

ReputationRep:
    Loool your a very active user yourself!

I doubt anyone is close to your posts per day!

I just felt I had to neutralise the leftie paradise this forum had become- I guess I took the Thatcher role in tackling the lefties lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Loool your a very active user yourself!

I doubt anyone is close to your posts per day!

I just felt I had to neutralise the leftie paradise this forum had become- I guess I took the Thatcher role in tackling the lefties lool
    Your thread starting puts most people in the shade. I detect something almost robotic in your personality. Are you part man, part UKIP?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see it as a problem of Left or Right, but a problem of certain individuals who aren't capable of engaging in serious debate.

Between the slander, ad hominem, belittling of the opposition, obvious attempts at winding people up, quotes taken out of context, abounding lack of reading comprehension, sheer dogma, and the belligerence of some of these people, it's no wonder there's so much vitriol on both sides.

I visit this site every day and the reason I have relatively few posts to my name is because if I had to engage in a discussion with half of the people on this site my laptop would end up going through the window.

Seldom will you find a debate on this forum that takes an appropriate tone; most of it is constructed as an "I'm right, you're wrong, here's why" argument with the aim of attracting as many clicks/views as possible. Instead of having discussions where the merits on each side of the debate are discussed - perhaps enabling us to develop new insights on a variety of topics - we have petulant, braying herds of keyboard warriors wanting to bash the other side as much as possible.

Now I feel much better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.