Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We all get insulted in life it happens,

It’s amazing how easy it is to believe all the negative things people say and yet discredit the positive. Taking a compliment is an art. Sometimes, it’s instinctive to assume they’re just being nice or that maybe you aren’t really skilled—you just got lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Qmul Library
    Date: 2008 Second semester
    A cute law girl come towards me. I am sitting on a chair. I tell her " hey cuite" or something similar..
    She tells me " eh, You look like 40 years old man"

After few months she smiles with me constantly and she wants me to talk with her. I let her go and completely cut her off . few years passes. This year I did apologize for the "inappropriate " thing I said to her & tells her that now I am a different man. Just gave her the statement and left because I did not want to end any any kind of human connection badly. I still don't hate her , not even a bit. She is the starting reason for the research of healthy food, finding Raw food diet and drinking "Green Smoothies". Thanks girl

ReputationRep:
    Not to my face anyway.

edit: just realised i already commented on this thread ages ago :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    Ive got an underdevloped optic nerve in my left eye and as a result in turns in slightly i think its by 1 mm but its clearly noticable especially when im tired, stressed or upset.

Ive had people laugh point at me, talk about it behind my back a girl at uni told me that if she had something as embarssing as I do she wouldnt show her face until it had been operated on. I went through life without many people ever commenting on it, until i went to uni when the people have been cruel and vile. They dont think about what they say they say things like 'oh you look like the russell howard guy he has a funny eye too' or 'why are you crossed eyed' ' why is your eye wonky' 'cant you get that fixed'

Or the worse thing has been when people talk about it behind my back they laugh about it and of course it gets back to me people who cant remeber me refer to me as the girl with the wonky eye

I wish people would just come up and ask me about it as its not a lazy eye, i cant have it operated on theres a 80% risk if i do i will go blind in both my eyes, people just dont realise how hurtful what they say is.

Ive also been taken the piss out for my height (5ft11) or my chubby cheeks or being to fat or to skinny
    I have a turn in my eye too, I wear a prism in my lenses. The taunts I used to get were awful

I've been called ugly to my face by my own dad before.

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life in my first primary school. It's made me very self-conscious but I've improved in recent years. Once when I was walking to school a group of guys started yelling that I was a fat, fashion disaster. They chased me into school while throwing plastic bottles and stones. I've also been told that nobody could ever love me because of my looks. Children are such darlings ¬_¬.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    In primary school some people used to say I had a big head, but I never really took any notice. I got a lot of guys in secondary school saying I had a flat bum but at least I had the boobs to make up for it, which didn't really make their comment any less insulting :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    I get called 'too skinny' all the time, but that's not my fault due to genes so I don't take it to heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    I suffer from eczema and at primary school I used to get bullied quite badly for it. People would always ask me what was wrong with me and why I was so scaly. My eczema's a lot better than it was then, but I still feel incredibly self conscious and unattractive because of the comments I used to get
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I know that feel.

I can sympathise with this, I had horrible eczema when I was younger. Even now it can flare up on certain parts of my body but to a much lesser extent.

I've been insulted a lot for my looks :erm: In my younger teens, people would comment on my wonky teeth and how I was really chubby but didn't really have boobs and my frizzy hair. I was told I looked like a guy once when I was 13 :rofl: Kids can be horrible. I felt a lot more confident when I got braces etc.

ReputationRep:
    I get called custard cap becuase I have blond hair.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah, people are horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied alot about my appearance in childhood and it basically destroyed my confidence as a child and has had a major impact on my life as an adult. People nowadays think I'm attractive but I just don't believe that I am deep down due to the past experiences. So it look like having a relationship might be a problem for me looking ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I have an abnormally large penis and people usually comment on it as they can see it through my trousers.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from racist banter or racist ********s on the street, not really. But I was generally a bit porky when I was younger and my family made fun of me for it.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of times. Almost all before I had six years of braces, discovered contact lenses and hair dye...
    Someone recently said I have eyes like Taylor Swift though...I don't know if that's good or bad

ReputationRep:
    When I was in school I used to get called things like "ugly" and "tramp". I used to get bullied for being short and having messy hair for some reason. I have a problem with the size of my nose too, but for some reason nobody ever said anything about it.
    I did this hair and beauty thing at school and I was always surrounded by mirrors and I wanted to cry because I thought I was the ugliest out of all the girls. That was grim.
    On the bright side since I left school I got a lot taller and people think my hair is my best feature. However I am still really self-conscious about the way I look. Crap like that does stick with you for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school I was asked if I was a boy or a girl, got teased for wearing glasses, received worse comments when I had to wear braces as well, got dumped by the boy I was going out with because his friends teased him for fancying me (nice that he could see something they didn't though, of course, even if he gave in to them), and heard nasty things said about me from others.

I had very little confidence about my looks in school, but that was quite a while ago. My braces have come off, I've discovered contact lenses (though I can't wear them as much I'd like to due to dry eyes), and I try to dress nicely and whatnot.

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    I can sympathise with this, I had horrible eczema when I was younger. Even now it can flare up on certain parts of my body but to a much lesser extent.

I've been insulted a lot for my looks :erm: In my younger teens, people would comment on my wonky teeth and how I was really chubby but didn't really have boobs and my frizzy hair. I was told I looked like a guy once when I was 13 :rofl: Kids can be horrible. I felt a lot more confident when I got braces etc.
    Well you sure proved them wrong didn't you , puberty sure worked wonders ..

(trying not to come off creepy but it sounds so creepy lol)

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered - someone at work calls me thelma. The one from scooby doo

ReputationRep:
    Over a birthday meal my parents asked me if I found one of my female friends attractive. When I said no they laughed and told me I should look at myself because I wasn't in the position to be picky. I didn't really mind because I already knew I wasn't great when it comes to looks but I was still shocked they were so honest.

ReputationRep:
    Compared to some people here I've been extremely lucky.

When we were little my brother used to call me fat, although I think he was just saying anything to insult me as looking back I looked the same as any other little girl.

During my early teenage years I had quite frizzy, bushy hair. One time I was at an under 18s disco (lol) with some friends. There was a boy there who was taking it in turns to dance with different girls, and one of my friends asked if he'd dance with me. He looked at me and said 'nahh', then a few minutes later he said 'I'll dance with the girl with the weird hair now'. Quite funny looking back on it really.

Also hair-related, in year 10 I got a full fringe cut. When I came into my form room at lunch time everyone went quiet, then someone asked me about my new hair, and everyone was sort of smirking at each other (girls' school), so I could tell they'd just been talking about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.