Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FH1)
    Me too! What course are you applying for?
    Economics L101, how about you? I heard they sometimes contact our schools about UMS grades, which could explain the lengthy wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donniee)
    Same here, I don't have the patience to wait two weeks. On the other hand I'm surprised they got to us so quickly!
    Economics L101, how about you? I heard they sometimes contact our schools about UMS grades, which could explain the lengthy wait...
    I've heard of people waiting up to March for offers/rejections. Anything before Christmas is early for me, I would advise you go with the mentality that you'll hear back in March so that anything earlier is a bonus. Otherwise it's just stressful.

I'm applying for L101 straight econ as well, hopefully they can get the form to us soon

ReputationRep:
    Also got the email from LSE, not too sure what to make of it. I'm applying for Philosophy and Economics (LV15) which doesn't usually ask for UMS scores?

ReputationRep:
    Government. Ah really? I didn't know that. I just can't wait for the admissions department to get back to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    I've heard of people waiting up to March for offers/rejections. Anything before Christmas is early for me, I would advise you go with the mentality that you'll hear back in March so that anything earlier is a bonus. Otherwise it's just stressful.

I'm applying for L101 straight econ as well, hopefully they can get the form to us soon
    You're probably right, but I doubt I'm patient enough to go with that mentality!

Where else are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FH1)
    Ah I have no understanding of your exams/grading system! And me too! I can't wait. Cambridge, Warwick, Exeter and East Anglia. How about you?
    Cambridge, King's, Edinburgh, and Queen Mary. Did you apply for HSPS at Cambridge? Which college, if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting annoyed as school can't get themselves together to put my predicted grades and reference on application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legally-blonde)
    Cambridge, King's, Edinburgh, and Queen Mary. Did you apply for HSPS at Cambridge? Which college, if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep for HSPS at Trinity College... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably right, but I doubt I'm patient enough to go with that mentality!

Where else are you looking at?
    Cambridge, UCL, Warwick and Bristol

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Cambridge, UCL, Warwick and Bristol

How about you?
    Cambridge, Bristol, Durham and Surrey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Oh nice one. Out of interest, why are you on the LSE thread when LSE isn't one of your options? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

Some nice work experience there - interesting stuff. Make the most of it!
    WOW .. I didn't notice that I am on the LSE thread .. So sorry

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, Bristol, Durham and Surrey
    Nice, hopefully we'll be good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Nice, hopefully we'll be good enough
    Exactly Which college are you applying to at Cambridge? And what subject, philosophy or economics, are you looking to do?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly Which college are you applying to at Cambridge? And what subject, philosophy or economics, are you looking to do?
    King's College, and I'm applying for Economics (I'm applying for Economics everywhere). What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darnia)
    WOW .. I didn't notice that I am on the LSE thread .. So sorry
    Ahah, don't apologise, I was just curious! You're free to post anywhere you like!

Best of luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    So lse chooses students within top three of their school based on gcse. Great, I have no chance with my 4a* 1a 5b and c in art

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You did the predicted grade yourself?
    No actually not, my DOS did it for me
    But she did ask me about the predicted I want so I told her 2 A's in Eco and French
    Kinda regret a bit now :<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    So lse chooses students within top three of their school based on gcse. Great, I have no chance with my 4a* 1a 5b and c in art
    May I ask where you have got his information from? I have heard that LSE regard GCSE results highly but not heard that they do it also in terms of rankings within schools.

Also, do you mean the school at which the GCSE's were taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    Er, no. I was nowhere near the top 3 in my year and got an offer, and had worse GCSE's than you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm also going for Econ 101 , from what I've heard of the applicants in the year above I think they'd send you a questionnaire to fill out your UMS rather than contact your school, but that was last year might be different this year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.