Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the Paper?
    I personally found is okay - easy, compared to the Jan one
    60 for an A? or lower?

ReputationRep:
    That was a really nice exam. I mucked up a little on 12)iii but got 4 and 0 out graphically, so should have picked up a couple of marks. Also had a stupid moment on the surds rearrangement question in section A, but other than that I'm reasonably confident of a high A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deceived)
    They asked for the minimum y value. I assume you'll receive full credit because you put (2,-7).
    Ok thank you very much! If thats true, i can only see that i've lost 2 marks! hopefully get above 90! Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    For the coefficient of x^3 I did all the working out and expanded the x^3 brackets and got -2560. But when I rewrote the answer to say that this is the coefficient, I forgot the - sign in front of 2560. How many marks will I lose for that because I got the right answers and you can see it it is just that I double underlined 2560 without the - sign?

For the circle intersecting the x and y axes I got 2+root 11 and 2-root11 but crossed this out and got different vales for y but still got the right values for x - how many marks have I lost there?

For the very last question I got k = 0 and 8 is that right? I f not do I get 2 marks (since it is out of 4) for it?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    So your answer went something along the lines of
    -2560x^3 so the coefficient of x^3 is 2560?
    That might be okay. In the past papers I've done they generally condone having the x in the answer of a coefficient question. Depends if they ignore subsequent working or not.

ReputationRep:
    If you've got C2 on Friday.Get off this thread - you're only dwelling on 1/3 of the 300 marks if you're doing the whole course this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought 125 was 5^2 for some reason and so my final answer as 5^2.5 instead of 5^3.5. Will I only loose one mark? because I did all the workings out correctly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a copy of the C1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Question 1. Can someone confirm what exactly it asked for? I skim-read it, presumed it said 'parallel' to the line, but people have told me it instead said 'perpendicular' to the line, which is obviously completely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon105)
    Question 1. Can someone confirm what exactly it asked for? I skim-read it, presumed it said 'parallel' to the line, but people have told me it instead said 'perpendicular' to the line, which is obviously completely different.
    The gradient was - 0.5 so idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was -1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timmy12321)
    It was -1/2
    But what did the question ask for?

ReputationRep:
    But what did the question ask for?
    It asked for the equation of the line that was perpendicular to the line y=2x+something

ReputationRep:
    ****. 3 marks down the drain. Such an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    ****. 3 marks down the drain. Such an idiot.
    was it not parallel!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student992)
    was it not parallel!?!
    no it was perpindicular

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student992)
    was it not parallel!?!
    Apparently not. I read it as 'parallel' too. It's pretty gutting considering it's such a simple question

ReputationRep:
    I'm adamant i did the right thing but someone put the paper up please?!

ReputationRep:
    the average of paapers is meant to be around 58, but i think paper had a few questions that either confused some people or they didn't quite get the correct answer, so I think A will be around 55 maybe 54 if we are lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    I'm adamant i did the right thing but someone put the paper up please?!
    90% sure question 2 was perpendicular.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.