Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR B (Salters) Chemistry F331 (Chemistry for Life) Thursday 23rd May Exam Discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the peak at 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdibC)
    for the ion one i wrote o 2-
    that would give 18 wouldnt it, and its an ion....
    Nope, oxygen weighs 16 it was water

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    These were all the assumptions i came up with:

for the observations: exothermic, fizzing (H2 gas), and its a steady speed reaction

For the q=mc delta t:
    That 50cm3 = 50g
    that the acid has the same specific heat capacity as water,
    and that 5 Celsius = 5j? (not to sure)

I wrote down more than 2 assumptions/observations for the questions, does anyone have an idea if writing more than 2 will lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amood00)
    These were all the assumptions i came up with:

for the observations: exothermic, fizzing (H2 gas), and its a steady speed reaction

For the q=mc delta t:
    That 50cm3 = 50g
    that the acid has the same specific heat capacity as water,
    and that 5 Celsius = 5j? (not to sure)

I wrote down more than 2 assumptions/observations for the questions, does anyone have an idea if writing more than 2 will lose marks?
    i think they just ignore any other that your first two, not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick d terrier)
    i think they just ignore any other that your first two, not sure though
    nickyyyyyyy D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick d terrier)
    Any news of an unnofficial mark scheme??
    anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    I got 56.9 right at the end. Only at the end I realised you're supposed to calculate moles of magnesium carbonate to get the moles of CO2, then just times moles by 24,000cm3 to get the answer. I messed up first, but then writ at the end I got the correct answer. Would I get full marks or not since my working out was messy, but my final answer was clear, and it does usually say award full marks for a correct answer?

Thanks
    I am so annoyed at myself, I put 56900 or something because they cm3 thing confused me

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know is there is an unnofficial mark scheme lying about anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    I'm scared I'll fail this exam. I was confident to do this paper and every time I feel confident, I get too many questions wrong. This is sometimes too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I totally understand you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numnutx)
    I totally understand you
    Thank you . Lets just hope we get a decent grade. I don't know of it's with every school but if we fail two exams out of four then we re-take the whole year again. And I seriously do not want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, for the very last question I only put "Different isotopes of Oxygen were present" as I had no clue what to write! Anyone think that will pick me up a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anthonyrf)
    Damn, for the very last question I only put "Different isotopes of Oxygen were present" as I had no clue what to write! Anyone think that will pick me up a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that is the correct answer I believe so yes, although I did add that there may have also been isotopes of hydrogen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Well that is the correct answer I believe so yes, although I did add that there may have also been isotopes of hydrogen
    Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is putting something about:
    'no heating or deformation that could cause redeposition or loss of isotopes'
    'no movement of the daughter or mother nuclei since the time of crystaliisation'
    worth 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme around anywhere? I really need a good grade on this paper!

ReputationRep:
    Hi im really stuck on enthalpy as and I need a detailed dumbed down explanation so I can understand. Anyone has a suggestion pwetty please. Ps I'm an AS student

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone have a copy of the F331 paper for June 2013 with the mark scheme? Would be much appreciated guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd123456)
    Hi does anyone have a copy of the F331 paper for June 2013 with the mark scheme? Would be much appreciated guys.
    I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    I do
    Would it be possible to get a copy? Either on here or email, which ever is easiest thanks =D

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.