Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel_)
    There's one on 8th march specifically for computer science and stuff
    There is also an Applicant Day on 8th March: http://www.brookes.ac.uk/applicant/?...DW18YO,7DSZZ,1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam7918)
    I haven't been to one either! Do you know if there are any upcoming ones because I'd like to go.
    I don't think there's another open day till the summer, and those are for 2015/16 entry last I checked.
    You can arrange to have a tour of the uni on the website somewhere though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for the help guys.

I'm still waiting for my offer though

ReputationRep:
    There is an applicant day on 8th march as said and it's very similar to an open day just more focused on your subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dh11lzz)
    Well I haven't been to see it yet so I'm not sure if I'll put it as my firm but then I'm not deciding on my firm and insurance until I go to the open day. So it may be my firm or insurance lol :P
    I've heard such good things about it so it's definitely one of the two haha! Will confirm on the applicant day

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer today for Combined Honours in Japanese Studies/Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelly979)
    Awesome - well done. Are you thinking of making it your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Grats on the offer! I applied for computer science/japanese studies also

When did you apply? Because I'm still waiting for an offer D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KehRawwr)
    Awesome - well done. Are you thinking of making it your firm?
    Grats on the offer! I applied for computer science/japanese studies also

When did you apply? Because I'm still waiting for an offer D:
    Thank you both!

This is definitely going to be my firm I think

I applied on the 18th of December myself ^^

EDIT: Also, best of luck Adam!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both!

Thank you!

I only applied on the 7th of January. So I guess I'll have to wait some more..

When/If I get my offer I'll PM you since we're going to be on the same course

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Thank you both!

Ahhhhh - I applied nearly two months ago now for Japanese combined :O
    (Patience is not my strong suit, evidently...)

Well done though, and good choice with the firm - it looks like a great place to study!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KehRawwr)
    Ahhhhh - I applied nearly two months ago now for Japanese combined :O
    (Patience is not my strong suit, evidently...)

Well done though, and good choice with the firm - it looks like a great place to study!
    Thank you!

Oh yes, the wait for responses I stopped counting how many times I logged into UCAS track after I reached 100

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, the wait for responses I stopped counting how many times I logged into UCAS track after I reached 100
    Haha! Yup, it's become part of my daily routine to log into track 10 times a day...

Do they send you an email saying you've received an offer? I hope they do because then I wouldn't have to log track so frequently.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yup, it's become part of my daily routine to log into track 10 times a day...

Do they send you an email saying you've received an offer? I hope they do because then I wouldn't have to log track so frequently.
    You get an email that says something like "something has changed on track!" and then you can log on to see what happened. (It'll be a decision or an interview invitation, from what I understand)

And when I got an offer from Hertfordshire I also got an email from the school itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiesoares)
    You get an email that says something like "something has changed on track!" and then you can log on to see what happened. (It'll be a decision or an interview invitation, from what I understand)

And when I got an offer from Hertfordshire I also got an email from the school itself.
    And make sure you check your junk, all mine got sent straight there

ReputationRep:

Yes! That's great to hear, thanks. I shall no longer log track every hour!

Grats on that offer too btw

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for human bio today XD

ReputationRep:
    Yes! That's great to hear, thanks. I shall no longer log track every hour!

Grats on that offer too btw
    I keep checking anyway. I keep thinking "maybe they just didn't send an email!!" I'm driving myself crazy.

And thanks! Brookes is my ultimate first choice, but it's nice to know that at least one school wants me

ReputationRep:
    I keep checking anyway. I keep thinking "maybe they just didn't send an email!!" I'm driving myself crazy.
    I'm exactly the same. My hourly routine is to check emails, see nothing, and then check track anyway... just incase :')

It's just silly - I've applied for a different course before and have been waiting for much longer and it didn't bother me that much. It's just so frustrating wanting to hear something and knowing that it could be silent for months yet. :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I check my e-mails every evening without fail! Then I check track just incase. 2 of my unis update my app via their own website so I check those too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.