Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It wasnt too bad compared to unit 2 where my class didnt even know the 6 mark question!

ReputationRep:
    from unofiical mark scheme, i think i've got like 46-49 raw marks, hopefully this is enough for an A* - i'm expecting the boundaries to be between 43-46 A*

ReputationRep:
    B1: 80 UMS (A)
    B2: 74 UMS (B)
    B3: 42 raw marks
    Biology ISA: 44/50

Do you guys think I could've got an A with these marks? Biology is my weakest Science, and plus how many UMS do you think the raw ISA marks are? I know 39/50 was the A* boundary for the Core Science ISA's but I think it was so low because candidates of all abilities took it which would have lowered the mark - only additional science candidates and/or triple science candidates are taking the bio/phys/chem ISA's, so I am worried the boundaries will skyrocket.

ReputationRep:
    Your ISA is worth around 93 UMS I soul say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you need to get 73 UMS in your final paper, to get an A overall , by looking at the difficulty of this paper and the mark you think you achieved I would say that you are like 10 UMS over the A boundary! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oops, forgot to put 'right' and 'left' in front of ventricle and atria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whooh1)
    It wasnt too bad compared to unit 2 where my class didnt even know the 6 mark question!
    What was the 6mark question in b2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlx)
    What was the 6mark question in b2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello :P it was about the leaves structure in plants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So frustrating, we learnt it as b3 the next lesson after exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rozanne___)
    oops, forgot to put 'right' and 'left' in front of ventricle and atria
    might still get away with it as it is a foundation question .... but it's unlikely as they didn't put left and right side :/

ReputationRep:
    For the humidity one would the idea that water would condense on the skin heating the athlete up be worth anything? Also would mentioning stents but calling them artificial valves yet getting the description correct be worth 1 mark? Finally for 2 would I get the second mark if I refered to the stomata but referred to it as "the small valves underneath the leaf when flaccid" be worth the second mark?

ReputationRep:
    http://poll.pollcode.com/llsdc go here to vote for the difficulty of the C3 exam so we, can make estimated grade boundaries....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    http://poll.pollcode.com/llsdc go here to vote for the difficulty of the C3 exam so we, can make estimated grade boundaries....
    Is there going to be a mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    there is one in progress as we speak

ReputationRep:
    http://poll.pollcode.com/llsdc please if you haven't voted already vote here for the diffilcty of the C3 exam today, i will publish grade boundaries at 21:00 tonight

ReputationRep:
    English lit difficulty poll www.surveymonkey.com/s/DH5TR7L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there is one in progress as we speak
    Thanks for making a mark scheme. I would have done it but I don't any time to make one since I've got about 3 exams in a few days. But, I'll be able to help out on the P3 mark scheme if you like...

ReputationRep:
    okay

ReputationRep:
    okay
    Hi, how's the mark scheme going and would you like any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.