Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn96)
    Thank you Would that mean there's a chance of it balancing out a bit / getting a C if I have completely messed up?
    Hopefully how did you find the exam overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddyt08)
    How much did everyone else write for their essays? Reading that people wrote 4 sides is worrying me - I wrote, and have written for all my essays, about 2, or a bit less. Is this too little?
    I wrote 2 sides as well and I've got good grades for essays writing that much. I think it's quality that's most important rather than quantity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn96)
    Thank you Would that mean there's a chance of it balancing out a bit / getting a C if I have completely messed up?
    Hopefully How did you find the exam overall?

ReputationRep:
    Also madr grandant mistake :'( the subjunctive was in the teading though! and the last qn in grammar was imperfect+conditional right? Then the others were masculins, s'agir, positive, monoparentales, aient...

ReputationRep:
    Will the grade boundary for an A be any lower than say 85? I think thats thr liwest ive ever seen it and this was deffo the hardest paper considering all my mocks :'( at least the essays were good, the last listening wn marriage, birth divore etc and the cafe and speed dating were just awful though :'( i found those the hardest, and timeeeee was a big problem, ahhhhh hopefully still an A, id be gutted if i got a b considering i havent in the mocks :'( such a hard paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishysquid)
    Hopefully How did you find the exam overall?
    I'm not really sure... I thought the listening went quite well, it's just a couple of the reading parts and that question 9 that shook me... Am thinking that there're probably a lot more silly mistakes I made in it....

For the essay question I managed about 4 sides, but didn't really have time to look over it so it might have been quite repetitive. I think I might have messed up a few of the tenses in there too

I've got a History exam tomorrow too... None of my exams this year seem to have gone to plan though

ReputationRep:
    I only wrote 3 pages here which for me made time an issue for the other sections, but usually i write 2 and half and ive gotten 30/35 for that so hopefully all is good, a long as you're points are relevant, to the qn, well expressed, range of structures and a few eye catching vocab words then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn96)
    I'm not really sure... I thought the listening went quite well, it's just a couple of the reading parts and that question 9 that shook me... Am thinking that there're probably a lot more silly mistakes I made in it....

For the essay question I managed about 4 sides, but didn't really have time to look over it so it might have been quite repetitive. I think I might have messed up a few of the tenses in there too

I've got a History exam tomorrow too... None of my exams this year seem to have gone to plan though
    I'm sure you have done better than you think I wrote 2 pages for the essay but I have quite small writing, so I hope I've done ok. Good luck for your History exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got uniform answers?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember answers from the café breaks one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomj45)
    There there, we all made that same mistake:console:
    I feel a lot better now, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I thought the uniform was a bit deceptive

I can remember the bottom one on the first page being P/N and I think the top one of the second page was N. The one I was confused about was the one where he started complaining about le systeme actuel but didn't really mention uniform- I put P because he didn't like the current non uniform so he must think that uniform is good?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? It would help a lot
    I found the listening question in which you had to write in french quite difficult, also the grammar question was pretty difficult compared to the previous years!

ReputationRep:
    I'm determined to remember all the grammar questions! So far I've got:
    comprendre -compris
    reconnaitre - reconnu
    s'agir - s'agir
    monoparental - monoparentales
    grandir - grandissant
    avoir - aient
    eviter - eviterait
    masculin - masculins
    can anyone help me to remember the last two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourboncreams)
    comprendre -compris
    reconnaitre - reconnu
    s'agir - s'agir
    grandir - grandissant
    avoir - aient
    eviter - eviterait
    masculin - masculins
    There was a pourraient in there somewhere and a positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourboncreams)
    comprendre -compris
    reconnaitre - reconnu
    s'agir - s'agir
    grandir - grandissant
    avoir - aient
    eviter - eviterait
    masculin - masculins
    Ahh, are these definitely right? I think I put reconnu
    I've heard the others were 'positif --> positive' and I think another one was 'pouvoir'? I put pourraient for the latter but not sure if it's right? *It was a future question*
    Also, does anyone know the context that positif was in? (The sentence surrounding it? Still can't remember what I put for it, but guessing if there was an obvious -e ending I'd have put positive...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishysquid)
    I'm sure you have done better than you think I wrote 2 pages for the essay but I have quite small writing, so I hope I've done ok. Good luck for your History exam tomorrow
    Hopefully! Some of the answers coming up here seem to remind me of things I might have put, so maybe I did a bit better :') And I'm sure that's fine - mine seemed a bit rambling on, and I put a line space in between paragraphs so that spaced it out a little too ^_^ Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milworthy)
    There was a pourraient in there somewhere and a positive
    ah yes thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the above grammar question postings are complete and those are the correct answers (I think I got 9/10, stupid "grandir" :banghead: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguis)
    You do realise that if it ends in AL then in the plural it changes to AUX? So the correct answer was Monoparentaux
    I thought it was feminine plural?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.