Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mike)
    Whats all this talk about a passport photo or whatever?! I haven't heard anything from Warwick apart from the Student Finance email yesterday!
    This is me right now hahahaah
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    You will need a passport photo for your university card. You will also need to carry a copy with you on arrivals weekend to give to accommodation services for their records

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey...I might be sounding slow...but what is PAIS? I'm going to do Classical Archaeology and Ancient History and have applied to bluebell.
    It stands for politics and international study . so how far is bluebell to jack Martin hehe x I'm so excited worked my butt off for a levels

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to say in my last post I'm studying English Literature! I was wondering if anyone's started on the 'recommended reading' list, I can't bring myself to get start, I've been pretty much nocturnal this summer and I don't think I've read a book for about two months , though I'll probably buy the Lattimore Iliad soon

ReputationRep:
    Guys! Me so excite about see everyone in September. Accounting and Finance anyon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    You will need a passport photo for your university card. You will also need to carry a copy with you on arrivals weekend to give to accommodation services for their records
    Ohhhh I see! Makes sense now. Thanks, you're so helpful

ReputationRep:
    I have a question. I'm in the middle of a dental procedure but I won't be able to finish it. Is there anyway I can get a referral and register with another dentist and how would I have to do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iheartsirringo)
    Forgot to say in my last post I'm studying English Literature! I was wondering if anyone's started on the 'recommended reading' list, I can't bring myself to get start, I've been pretty much nocturnal this summer and I don't think I've read a book for about two months , though I'll probably buy the Lattimore Iliad soon
    Hey I'm doing English Lit as well. Where is the recommended reading list? I've been looking for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samzali1)
    I know! What is it ur going to be studying?
    Yeah, and I'm not saying that nobody understands that, I just wish more people would. I'm studying Engineering, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)

(Original post by Math-Magician)
    And I've had nothing except the UCAS letter the day after results day confirming my place, so I'm the most screwed.

Ahh at least I am not alone in this passport matter thing!, and thanks Nirgilis for clearing things up. But how come everybody is already doing this passport photo stuff when apparently nobody has received their welcome pack things? I don't wanna hand in my stuff late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mike)
    Ahh at least I am not alone in this passport matter thing!, and thanks Nirgilis for clearing things up. But how come everybody is already doing this passport photo stuff when apparently nobody has received their welcome pack things? I don't wanna hand in my stuff late
    We're just really keen If you go on the Warwick website they have information about it all
    This is where we get all out information from Also, you can read the welcome pack (and student guide) here :badger:

It feels good to have read the welcome pack and student guide before everyone else :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicalMuggle)
    I put Heronbank first
    Woo!

What subject are you doing and which day are you arriving on saturday or sunday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlikemoixx)
    Hey I'm doing English Lit as well. Where is the recommended reading list? I've been looking for it.
    I don't think there's an actual list yet, I've just been looking at the core module web pages for the first year.

Epic Tradition:
    Iliad - strongly recommended to read before coming in Sep

Medieval to Renaissance:
    Maurice Keen, English Society in the Later Middle Ages 1348-1500 (Penguin, 1990)
    J.A. Burrow, Medieval Writers and their Work, 2nd edn. (Oxford, 2008)
    John Guy, Tudor England (1990) - all suggested background reading for summer

I couldn't find anything for Modes of Reading or Modern World Lit. Hopefully that helps a little!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello calum)
    We're just really keen If you go on the Warwick website they have information about it all
    This is where we get all out information from Also, you can read the welcome pack (and student guide) here :badger:

It feels good to have read the welcome pack and student guide before everyone else :smug:
    ahh Thank you very much! Are you one of the infamous Calums that have been plaguing this thread with arguments over who gets the name Callum? XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mike)
    ahh Thank you very much! Are you one of the infamous Calums that have been plaguing this thread with arguments over who gets the name Callum? XD
    There's another Calum in this thread!?!? :security:

classicallum is really cramping mathematicalums style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello calum)
    There's another Calum in this thread!?!? :security:

classicallum is really cramping mathematicalums style
    Why do I get the feeling that when I turn up to my course, everybody but me will be called Callum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samzali1)
    Aww no i'm sure there will be more! Did u do sociology A Level?
    Yeah Somehow got an A* :O Didn't do Politics though because my Sixth Form didn't do it, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mike)
    I'm just going to wait for the welcome pack myself then, I didn't realise people were finding stuff online. Maybe I should stop looking at this thread now as it is just going to confuse me!

Actually look here:
    http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/welcome/beforearrival/

"Enrolment opens approximately 2-3 weeks before the start date of your course"

Ignore that, it says you should upload a photo BEFORE enrolment opens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iheartsirringo)
    I don't think there's an actual list yet, I've just been looking at the core module web pages for the first year.

Epic Tradition:
    Iliad - strongly recommended to read before coming in Sep

Medieval to Renaissance:
    Maurice Keen, English Society in the Later Middle Ages 1348-1500 (Penguin, 1990)
    J.A. Burrow, Medieval Writers and their Work, 2nd edn. (Oxford, 2008)
    John Guy, Tudor England (1990) - all suggested background reading for summer

I couldn't find anything for Modes of Reading or Modern World Lit. Hopefully that helps a little!
    I'm doing English Lit as well, and haven't seen anything about a reading list either. This has been really useful, thank you

Edit: I fixed the issue... I'm a bit of a cluts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    I'm just going to wait for the welcome pack myself then, I didn't realise people were finding stuff online. Maybe I should stop looking at this thread now as it is just going to confuse me!
    Yep, doing the same as you. I wish they would officially send out the welcome packs/emails earlier though .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.