Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    lol yh dnt like waiting too long

ReputationRep:
    What's the story with King's, have they interviewed for their graduate course yet?

Anyone waiting to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dent89)
    What's the story with King's, have they interviewed for their graduate course yet?

Anyone waiting to hear back from them?
    Didnt they have their first batch of interviews on the 9th? I read somewhere they have batches of interviews from December to March, so will just have to wait and keep fingers crossed I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vigsarmy101)
    Didnt they have their first batch of interviews on the 9th? I read somewhere they have batches of interviews from December to March, so will just have to wait and keep fingers crossed I guess
    Is that for undergrad or grad??

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who got an interview at Aberdeen...how much are you writing on the work experience form? Just the basic things you observed or more detail.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST93:))
    Anybody who got an interview at Aberdeen...how much are you writing on the work experience form? Just the basic things you observed or more detail.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't ask you for anything except contact details and your role on the form. You don't have to write anything else on it.

ReputationRep:
    the work experience form for aberdeen..they just want the dental stuff right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just anything dental related

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentt129)
    I am really not sure, keep thinking of things that I should have said now. Some interviewers seemed to keep their poker faces throughout, except a few who were very smiley.
    Some interviewers will keep a poker face, others may not be so great and sometimes they give very slight indications that you're saying the right thing, this is why eye contact is so important, if you catch a glimpse of a smile or furrowed brow, use it to your advantage.

It is so important to try to stay relaxed, keep you shoulders relaxed and take a couple of deep breaths before you go in, if you feel yourself stressing, scrunch your toes really tightly and this will help to keep the stress off your shoulders!

Try not to analyse what you said and should have said after the interview, because it won't change anything and will only stress you out more, the best thing is to reflect on what went well and what didn't go so well, and where you could have improved and use this to focus on your next interview.

Communication in dentistry is so important and the majority of interviewers are looking for good communication skills, you want to come across as friendly and confident but be able to listen as well as answer the questions. The best way to see how well you communicate, is to film yourself and watch it back, you will be surprised at how often you touch your face, frown, slouch, or tense. It may feel uncomfortable at first to watch yourself back but after a while of practising, you should see improvements, smiling more, sitting straight etc.

Good luck with all your interviews!

Posted with TSR Mobile
    [Tips for surviving to dental school interviews]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vigsarmy101)
    Can anyone confirm they have received interview offers from Kings? if so what was your UKCAT score and predicted grades etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys has anyone heard back from Liverpool? Any news at all?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Newcastle or Manchester yet? Thanks in advance! And sorry I don't know anything about Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankito1)
    Has anyone heard anything from Newcastle or Manchester yet? Thanks in advance! And sorry I don't know anything about Liverpool

I spoke to newcastle few days ago, lady said they will reply to students within the next two weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Would be nice to hear from UCLan before christmas. Has anyone had any updates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weslo102)
    Would be nice to hear from UCLan before christmas. Has anyone had any updates?
    Yh man, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rnata1)
    Hey guys has anyone heard back from Liverpool? Any news at all?
    I haven't heard anything back from them either

ReputationRep:
    Interview from aberdeen! 29th of Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irishdentalapp)
    Interview from aberdeen! 29th of Jan
    Well done, sir. What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys just want to know has anyone heard back from liverpool anything at all? This wait is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    checked my emails half asleep, EMAIL FROM UCAS!! December newsletter......... had a small heart attack for nothing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.