Turn on thread page Beta

Hongkong Applicants 2014 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive offers from HKU or UST for engineering/science (main round)? My statuses are all under consideration still.....how much longer do i need to wait for a status change.... Soooooo stressful.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj629)
    Did anyone receive offers from HKU or UST for engineering/science (main round)? My statuses are all under consideration still.....how much longer do i need to wait for a status change.... Soooooo stressful.......
    Me too! I applied to the same courses in both unis! I submitted my app on jan 12 but have heard anything since. :/ what curriculum did u apply with and what were ur grades? IB, A levels, etc?

ReputationRep:
    I took the IB exam on november 2013 so im expecting an offer rather than a conditional one.... How about u?
    (Original post by domi8888)
    Me too! I applied to the same courses in both unis! I submitted my app on jan 12 but have heard anything since. :/ what curriculum did u apply with and what were ur grades? IB, A levels, etc?

ReputationRep:
    I took the IB exam on november 2013 so im expecting an offer rather than a conditional one.... How about u?
    When do your results come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hochimin)
    Congrats! When did you do your interview?
    2 weeks ago, feb 28th

ReputationRep:
    it already came out and I've sent the proof of results to the universities quite a while ago. But still no news from the universities... I've seen in other forums that engineering/science applicants are still waiting for their offers as well. When will they come out...? cries...
    (Original post by pinkmemetchi)
    When do your results come out?

ReputationRep:
    i currently have conditional offers from hku (social science) and HKUST (global china studies), both for IB 36 points. Still waiting on CUHK. Does anyone know if the CUHK conditions (for social science) would be any lower? even a point would be nice to have a safety school....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14sophiec)
    i currently have conditional offers from hku (social science) and HKUST (global china studies), both for IB 36 points. Still waiting on CUHK. Does anyone know if the CUHK conditions (for social science) would be any lower? even a point would be nice to have a safety school....
    What did you get for your predicted grade, may i ask??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj629)
    What did you get for your predicted grade, may i ask??
    my predicted was 37

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14sophiec)
    Likely but you can never be sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj629)

I took the ib may 2013 exams so I'm waiting for a firm offer (i hope) been gap yearing since then. hows ur grades? btw has HKUST engineering released only a few offers for the undergraduates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domi8888)
    I took the ib may 2013 exams so I'm waiting for a firm offer (i hope) been gap yearing since then. hows ur grades? btw has HKUST engineering released only a few offers for the undergraduates?
    From the forums I've been into, I didn't hear anything about offers being given to applicants of engineering (at least for mainrounds)... do you know whether they actually started releasing offers for engineering applicants??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj629)
    I have a friend who received offers for engineering from both HKU and UST, but she applied through fast track. So don't worry! :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devils)
    I have a friend who received offers for engineering from both HKU and UST, but she applied through fast track. So don't worry! :console:
    thank you for the info appreciate it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hochimin)
    any results from UST business?
    Yup! Just got an offer for HKUST Business and Management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsnatalie7)
    Yup! Just got an offer for HKUST Business and Management

Oh congratulations!! That's great news. I am still waiting for my HKUST business offer. When did you do your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from HKU/CUHK about medicine interviews for Non JUPAS ppl, especially for people who are doing an undergrad degree overseas and wish to return to HK for med school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileyworld501)
    Hi! May I ask are you currently studying in the uk? UST sent me an email and asked me to go to london next sunday for an interview. May I know what questions were you asked at the interview?
    P.S I am applying to global business too!
    Have you got an offer from GBus? Would you mind telling me what subjects are you doing and what are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeff1234567)
    I got an offer from UST business and management too but it offers me A*A*A and I think that's a bit harsh so just wanna know yrs is that similar or just mine is different
    BBA for A*A*A?! That's ridiculously high @@"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix.)
    I have got an offer from Ibgm last thursday
    Did you put IBGM for your first choice? Did you have interview and when was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.