Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys would you date a plus size girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Oh more of that "real woman" claptrap. Give it a rest, saying skinny women aren't real women is about as bitter as you can get.
    So are 'fat' (iver a size 10) women in your eyes not real or do your retinas burn if you look at a 'fat' woman :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    who was it told you that you should be 'ashamed'?
    strangers, some family members and friends. GPs until I told them to read my files from consultants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no - unless she was perfect~ in every other way or something :lol:
    but I'm just one person - there are probably a lot of people who'd call me too specific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    You made derogatory comments. I jump on anyone bodyshaming
    Yes, when it supports your point of view.

(Original post by parry_93)
    So what makes you so repulsed by a woman (god forbid your thin size 6 girl with abs, quads etc) comes home with a jumper which reads size 10 on the label?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing, it's the size of the woman I dislike not the clothing.

So are 'fat' (iver a size 10) women in your eyes not real or do your retinas burn if you look at a 'fat' woman :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're real, just not attractive.

(Original post by Foreverneek)
    The article actually speaks of a 'real woman' in the literal sense of the words - while it mentions skinny women it's more about how a female partner in general, regardless of how attractive models/movie stars may look, is tangible and that is what is attractive: it's hardly criticising skinny women :rolleyes:
    For the most part yes but they couldn't help having a little dig at skinny women at the end, which imo ruined the credibility of the entire article. They're real, and so is the effort they put in to look presentable.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when it supports your point of view.
    No, all bodyshaming. I personally don't find very muscular women attractive, but if someone was insulting them saying they looked disgusting, I'd jump in too

ReputationRep:

For the most part yes but they couldn't help having a little dig at skinny women at the end, which imo ruined the credibility of the entire article. They're real, and so is the effort they put in to look presentable.
    "He will of course still be attracted to the glossy magazine images of skinny models or those too good to be true film stars you see in the movies" - this is nothing against skinny women because it's not just models and film stars that are thin - 'normal' skinny women also exist. This is more of an attack on methods adopted by the media that manipulates the images portrayed in popular industry.

How can you be so sure skinny women in the media are real? Many models and celebrities especially in magazines are airbrushed?

"Having said all this, whether it’s real or not these images in magazines and on the big screen are no competition whatsoever for a living, breathing, fragrant woman sitting next to a man at a restaurant" - it's talking about how stuff shown in the media may not necessarily be totally real/representative. It's hardly saying that skinny women are inferior - in fact it identifies how men are attracted to skinny women so the article is hardly having a 'dig'? The article also in no way specifies the shape of the 'real' woman, referring to a 'real' woman in the sense that they are not celebrities and are 'normal', as "living, breathing and fragrant" - where on earth does it mention size? it simply says that a woman that can be physically touched is incomparable to imagination/fantasy/ and 'celebrities' that you are unlikely to get into a relationship with.

The article is not an argument about skinny women vs bigger women, it's about the attractiveness of women that can be touched and aren't necessarily manipulated by the media.

"He will of course still be attracted to the glossy magazine images of skinny models or those too good to be true film stars you see in the movies" - this is nothing against skinny women because it's not just models and film stars that are thin - 'normal' skinny women also exist. This is more of an attack on methods adopted by the media that manipulates the images portrayed in popular industry.

How can you be so sure skinny women in the media are real? Many models and celebrities especially in magazines are airbrushed?

"Having said all this, whether it’s real or not these images in magazines and on the big screen are no competition whatsoever for a living, breathing, fragrant woman sitting next to a man at a restaurant" - it's talking about how stuff shown in the media may not necessarily be totally real/representative. It's hardly saying that skinny women are inferior - in fact it identifies how men are attracted to skinny women so the article is hardly having a 'dig'? The article also in no way specifies the shape of the 'real' woman, referring to a 'real' woman in the sense that they are not celebrities and are 'normal', as "living, breathing and fragrant" - where on earth does it mention size? it simply says that a woman that can be physically touched is incomparable to imagination/fantasy/ and 'celebrities' that you are unlikely to get into a relationship with.

The article is not an argument about skinny women vs bigger women, it's about the attractiveness of women that can be touched and aren't necessarily manipulated by the media.
    Couldn't of said it better myself, thanks you

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, it's the size of the woman I dislike not the clothing.
    So how can you label anyone over a size 10 fat?
    What does size 10 look like??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What size do you deem fat though? The average size of UK women is a 16 apparently. Kim kardashian is a 14, Kelly brook is a 10/12, Marilyn Monroe was a 16 - but I would not deem them fat. If they had muffin tops and saddle bags, then that's probably where I would say. I don't,like to use the word fat though. That's like saying everyone is fingernails because ye have fingernails, and everyone has fat. Obese would be better to use.

ReputationRep:
    Plus size as in one of the many new names for 'fat'? If so, of course not. The model kind of plus-size? Probably. Who wouldn't? Also, what the hell is 'body shaming'? Is this some sort of tumblr thing?

ReputationRep:
    What about these two girls then?
    They are both normal weight.
    But I bet the one of the left would be considered 'fat' or 'chubby'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want honesty of all your opinions - it seems to be a social issue that plus size/ fat girls are a problem or something.
    Im not a plus size myself but I would really like to know why it is that guys tend to avoid girls that are on the bigger side.
    I personally wouldn't because they are a turn off for me. Some people who have a fat fetish would but i'm not one of them

ReputationRep:
    No, all bodyshaming. I personally don't find very muscular women attractive, but if someone was insulting them saying they looked disgusting, I'd jump in too
    Exactly, you only support women.

So how can you label anyone over a size 10 fat?
    What does size 10 look like??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Size 10 is fine, above that is fat unless she is quite tall.

(Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    What size do you deem fat though? The average size of UK women is a 16 apparently. Kim kardashian is a 14, Kelly brook is a 10/12, Marilyn Monroe was a 16 - but I would not deem them fat. If they had muffin tops and saddle bags, then that's probably where I would say. I don't,like to use the word fat though. That's like saying everyone is fingernails because ye have fingernails, and everyone has fat. Obese would be better to use.
    The UK average is pretty horrific so it isn't a good benchmark to use at all. Being equally slovenly unkempt as the rest of the raffle isn't a free pass in my eyes. So ok, obese then.

Women have this idea that the only skinny women in the world are on TV or in magazines, yes they do airbrush some pictures when well known celebs let themselves go but there are tons of girls in real life who aren't obese. There is just less of them in the UK.

What about these two girls then?
    They are both normal weight.
    But I bet the one of the left would be considered 'fat' or 'chubby'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Either they are the same girl or sisters. Yeah the left one is fat and the right looks great. If the same, kudos for dropping the weight. If only others showed that kind of determination.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, you only support women.

Either they are the same girl or sisters. Yeah the left one is fat and the right looks great. If the same, kudos for dropping the weight. If only others showed that kind of determination.
    This is about women.

Also, no, the one on the left isn't fat.

And you know you said you hate fat women because you grew up in a town of fat women and it caused you to get no sex? That's ridiculous. Women do not exist for the sole purpose to be sexually attractive to you. Seriously you're being ridiculous

Sophie Morgan, who is fit, is a size 12

Name:  b9db4cf99f8503e33c27cb78defc3d74.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  72.2 KB

So is Laura Butler (although she can wear a 10 or 14 depending on the clothes)

Name:  f88eLaura-Butler-shows-off-her-curves.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  21.5 KB

Also, clothes size doesn't really tell you anything. You could have someone who's a size 10, someone else who's a size 12, and the 10 could be "fatter" than the 12

ReputationRep:
    Marilyn Monroe was a vintage size 16, which would be the same as a modern day size 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is about women.

Also, no, the one on the left isn't fat.

And you know you said you hate fat women because you grew up in a town of fat women and it caused you to get no sex? That's ridiculous. Women do not exist for the sole purpose to be sexually attractive to you. Seriously you're being ridiculous

Sophie Morgan, who is fit, is a size 12

Name:  b9db4cf99f8503e33c27cb78defc3d74.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  72.2 KB

So is Laura Butler (although she can wear a 10 or 14 depending on the clothes)

Name:  f88eLaura-Butler-shows-off-her-curves.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  21.5 KB

Also, clothes size doesn't really tell you anything. You could have someone who's a size 10, someone else who's a size 12, and the 10 could be "fatter" than the 12
    So if I trashed women on a thread about men you'd keep quiet? Sure.

Why do I care what they exist for when I'm talking about my tastes? My attraction criteria DOES exist for the purpose of my own sex.

Those women are quite tall, have a pretty face, huge boobs and are stretching their arms up (which gives the illusion of being slimmer).

I only use dress sizes because it is something women relate to. I know it is extremely ambiguous but that's probably why women use it. If a man came up with it then it would be straight up inches so no one could hide behind dress size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Marilyn Monroe was a vintage size 16, which would be the same as a modern day size 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might even be less than that. I have almost identical measurements to her and I'm a 6/8, so I'd be surprised if Marilyn was any bigger than that. I get sick of the whole "Marilyn was a 16!" no she wasn't.

That's not to say size 16 is bad, but just stop using her as a poster girl for plus size when she was small

ReputationRep:
    Marilyn Monroe was nowhere near a size 16 by today's standards. She would likely have been an 8 in today's clothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Marilyn Monroe was nowhere near a size 16 by today's standards. She would likely have been an 8 in today's clothing.
    Just passing on what I've been told.

ReputationRep:
    So if I trashed women on a thread about men you'd keep quiet? Sure.

Why do I care what they exist for when I'm talking about my tastes? My attraction criteria DOES exist for the purpose of my own sex.

Those women are quite tall, have a pretty face, huge boobs and are stretching their arms up (which gives the illusion of being slimmer).

I only use dress sizes because it is something women relate to. I know it is extremely ambiguous but that's probably why women use it. If a man came up with it then it would be straight up inches so no one could hide behind dress size.
    No one's trashed men on here.

Their boobs aren't "huge", although they're busty, and they're standing like that because they're lingerie models. But the point is they aren't fat

But it doesn't mean anything! I'll give you an example. I'm quite small, trousers, skirts and dresses are almost always a 6/8, but if I buy vest tops, I have to buy a 10/12 because I'm quite busty and if I buy an 8, it rides up over my tits and looks like a crop top. Do I suddenly become "fat" when I put my vest top on? :curious:

Your entitled to your own opinion but what you're saying is really horrible and rude and will make people feel bad

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.