The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashysmithy105
Just about to send this email to [email protected]
How does this sound?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm sure that you have been inundated with emails from "hacked off" students after this morning's AS Physics G491 exam. Well here's another email to add to the pile.

What happened this morning was disgraceful. To give students questions that not only were not about physics in any sense of the word was outrageous. To then have the very few questions that did slightly hint at the specification be completely off topic, to me, was unacceptable. Not only were these questions stupidly impossible, but the time pressure was hardly helpful.

All in all, I think you've got some serious re-thinking to do and some grade boundaries to very seriously consider lowering drastically.

Yours,

A "slightly miffed", to say the least, AS Physics student

Thoughts?

Good. Did you send it?
How does this sound?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm sure that you have been inundated with emails from "hacked off" students after this morning's AS Physics G491 exam. Well here's another email to add to the pile.

What happened this morning was disgraceful. To give students questions that not only were not about physics in any sense of the word was outrageous. To then have the very few questions that did slightly hint at the specification be completely off topic, to me, was unacceptable. Not only were these questions stupidly impossible, but the time pressure was hardly helpful.

All in all, I think you've got some serious re-thinking to do and some grade boundaries to very seriously consider lowering drastically.

Yours,

Thoughts?

Do it!
Wow before I saw this thread today, I thought I was the only one doing this crappy exam board
I swear giving an exam like that is not even legal. Awful doesn't even begin to describe how **** I felt after and during that abomination of an exam. I can only hope grade boundaries are going to go down as a result of this.

EDIT: Just sent them an email complaining about this, hope they do something about this. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 284
GCSE students seem to have had a bad time too. One of their questions was about Ostritches, another was about 'what to consider before purchasing a fridge'....
Sent a complaint to OCR. :smile: I hope they actually do something about the grade boundaries...
Reply 286
Original post by Knowing
exam timetable.jpg

Well I'm screwed for this year. Cheers OCR.

ALL OCR????? Your school probably loves OCR for them to have made majority of your subjects exam boards OCR.
How does this sound?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours,

Thoughts?

Nice one! I think I will have to send one now!
Original post by nathan.moore500
Nice one! I think I will have to send one now!

Do it, the more of us that complain the more likely the grade boundaries will go down!
Original post by artisha
Do it!

Done :biggrin:
Original post by Clai
Good. Did you send it?

Just done it :smile:
Reply 291
This exam was a whole lot of bull****. The content was whole load of crap. Majority of the stuff didn't even seem like it was made for our specification let alone any physics. I felt as if i didn't even do A level physics for a whole year. What the hell was with that QR code? As if we meant to know anything about it! Even using common sense wouldn't get you anywhere. They better make the grade boundaries realllllllllllllllyy low, i mean like 20 for an A and for a C like zero marks?
i did every single paper up from 2004, but it didnt prepare me for today at all! it had very few questions to do with the syllabus and the ones that were related were misleading and difficult:frown:
I think its almost safe to say that the grade boundaries this year will be low, due to 99% of everyone finding it bloody hard!
(hopefully I haven't jinxed it)
Original post by kobobo
This exam was a whole lot of bull****. The content was whole load of crap. Majority of the stuff didn't even seem like it was made for our specification let alone any physics. I felt as if i didn't even do A level physics for a whole year. What the hell was with that QR code? As if we meant to know anything about it! Even using common sense wouldn't get you anywhere. They better make the grade boundaries realllllllllllllllyy low, i mean like 20 for an A and for a C like zero marks?

Maybe an A grade for everyone, as compensation for having to waste an hour of their time on that ****. :biggrin:
Reply 295
Jack b is gay
Ahh I remember doing this god foresaken exam last year!! I'm so sorry for you guys! I hope for your sake the grade boundaries are low :wink:
Do it, the more of us that complain the more likely the grade boundaries will go down!

I have sent one as well now, ashysmithy105 is right, more of us need to send them to make them realise how stupid they have been and how they are affecting our futures and Uni applications etc when it just isnt fair compared to other years exams. I would have got an easy A on last years paper!
We could try and start and online petition or something, not sure what we could name it though
I've sent a complaint email to OCR also. Phrase it politely and sincerely everyone, but stress that the questions were unreasonable, off-topic, and in the time limit it became impractical to do well.

Latest

Trending

Trending