Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yup is it too early to say This is the best World Cup? Even my father who's been alive for longer and has seen more world cups even he claims that this is the best World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only remember up to 2002, however it's certainly the best in part due to it's unpredictablity, Costa Rica being the prime example

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yup is it too early to say This is the best World Cup? Even my father who's been alive for longer and has seen more world cups even he claims that this is the best World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For sure man. Envy those that made it to Brazil, must be having the best time of their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    best game i've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I only remember up to 2002, however it's certainly the best in part due to it's unpredictablity, Costa Rica being the prime example

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rubbish not in this round, there have been no scalps and every team that's gone through has been group winners. In 2002 and 2010 a bunch of surprising teams got to the quarter and even semi finals.

Costa Rica I will give you but other than that it's been as expected. Some great actual football in the group stages though.

ReputationRep:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    And people on here actually had the nerve to say the CL was better than the WC

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****. That game was insane. Still in a bit of shock, but so proud of this team. They never gave up.

First off, props to Belgium. That was a hell of a game. Good luck against Argentina.

As for the US. Gotta wonder what the deal with Altidore was. If he was even kind of healthy he had to be in that game. Agree with others who are saying we need to keep Jurgen. He's infused that team with something I haven't seen in a US team before. I'm loving all the recognition some of our players are getting. Yedlin was great. I can't wait to see what he'll be like in four years. The injury to Fabian Johnson was huge. He's been a star for this team so far in the tournament. Even though his injury made way for Yedlin (who was great), he was one of our best players so far. Can't wait to see him in four years, too.

Lastly, Timmy Howard. Jesus Christ. You are the man. No words can do that performance justice. Easily one of the greatest performances in World Cup history. We'll be building statues for you here in the States.

Again, congrats to Belgium. Well deserved. We'll see everyone in Russia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Yeah, had they had Casillas/Akinfeev in goal they would have got utterly battered. 27 shots on target.

I didn't think it was a good game, terrible attacking and terrible defending made it end to end, not quality.
    Yeah this. Belgium were largely terrible attacking wise until extra time, the defending was shocking too from both sides.

Fellaini, how the hell did he go to United. Awful player. I believe he only stayed on because there was the slight chance Belgium could concede, meaning that they may have to use route one football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    CL is quite clearly.

World cup comes every 4 years.

Take this e.g. I played water dodge ball today and football, I found the water dodge ball more fun. However if I played it every week with football I'd rather play the football. It's like when you're in a relationship all you wanna do is be single, when you're single all you wanna do is be in a relationship. Grass is greener fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    I think this WC is an exception. 2010 wasn't anything that special tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Give it a rest. They are the underdogs and don't have a star studded squad that play anti-football. Having quality all over the park and doing that **** deserves criticism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give what a rest?

Exposing the ridiculous double standards of people who like to complain about bad football at every opportunity and complain about teams like Stoke/Levante etc(closest comparison to USA in the league in terms of ability and style of play etc.) yet when they're doing very well for themselves they start glamouring themselves up and hailing their determination and grit(see Crystal Palace). Pick one side and stick to it, you guys defect more than Nick Clegg.

We all remember Fulham getting to the europa league final playing Hodgson tactics. I'm not a football purist, but I like to expose all the bull**** and hypocrisy in the world.

hiiipower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    coming straight after the worst
    Did you watch Nigeria vs Iran or Germany vs USA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Did you watch Nigeria vs Iran or Germany vs USA?
    No and yes. Tbf a 0-0 between Iran and Nigeria does sound awful, but Germany USA wasn't that bad.

Edit: actually I vaguely remember watching Iran Nigeria. It must have been bad then, or all this football is just blurring together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    No and yes. Tbf a 0-0 between Iran and Nigeria does sound awful, but Germany USA wasn't that bad.
    Germany USA was a bad game. All Germany did was pass it back and sideways while USA seemed content to sit back and bus park all game. There was the Ghana USA game as well, that was terrible. USA parked the bus and Ghana were being managed by David Moyes. I don't even care about the result of that game, don't support an international team in particular, although I'd like to see Ghana do well.

Argentina Switzerland was a bad game too. In fact Argentina have been boring to watch.

Only teams I've enjoyed watching this world cup have been Colombia and France, although Chile vs Brazil was a good game.

ReputationRep:
    Love this. Kompany giving Howard his respect:

https://twitter.com/VincentKompany/s...12080988307456

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    CL is quite clearly.

World cup comes every 4 years.

Take this e.g. I played water dodge ball today and football, I found the water dodge ball more fun. However if I played it every week with football I'd rather play the football. It's like when you're in a relationship all you wanna do is be single, when you're single all you wanna do is be in a relationship. Grass is greener fam.
    Depends on personal taste imo. If the CL for some reason only came every 4 years. I would still think the WC was better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really good game. The passion the US fans had on social media was really mind-blowing. England could learn a lot for 2018.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    USA played better football than the English team will for the next 300 years.
    we take this competition for granted too much. honestly think england fans (me included) are one of the worst international fans due to lack of passion and optimism, tbf to us though the team doesn't really help us out. must be that lack of vitamin D we're getting.

ReputationRep:
    Never
    on the field of Association Football
    has so much criticism
    been placed on one player
    by so many commentators
    Fellani

Name:  Moyes3.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  4.8 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.