Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    I stopped reading
    Can't blame you tbh, after them none of the other teams matter. I might as well of put Liverpool as second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Bayern
    4. Atletico Madrid
    5. Chelsea
    6. Man City
    7. Juventus
    8. PSG

Pretty hard to differ on the top 6 unless you are trolling. Some other teams good be in the mix like Roma, Arsenal, Manchester United, Wolfsburg, but I think my top 8 is right in terms of the squads depth and starting 11 quality.
    Wolfsburg?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's three sides- First 11, squad and functionality/effectiveness of play considering the players at their disposal

First 11, I'd go with
    Barca
    Real
    Bayern
    City
    Chelsea
    PSG/Atletico (Would back Atletico to beat them tho)
    Juventus

Squad
    Real
    Bayern
    Barca
    City/Chelsea
    Atletico
    Juve
    PSG

Functionality
    1.Atletico
    2. Chelsea
    3.Bayern
    4.Dortmund
    5.Real
    6. Barca
    7.Juventus
    8.City (would be much higher if they were more consistent in terms of performance level)

Meshing these factors, you'd probably get

Real
    Bayern/Barca
    Chelsea
    Atletico
    City
    Dortmund
    Juventus

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 9mmbulletz is spot on. Pretty much said it in the same order that I would have said in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Schalke lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Don't forget Schalke lads.
    Wow, the Schalke hate continues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Wow, the Schalke hate continues.
    Schalke are fifth in a fairly week league and scraped through a soft champions league group, I wonder why people don't think too highly of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Schalke are fifth in a fairly week league and scraped through a soft champions league group, I wonder why people don't think too highly of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well Dortmund are 14th in that 'fairly weak league'.

Please read my post in the Champions League Thread. I'm not repeating myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is the Bundesliga a 'fairly weak league'? 3rd in Uefa in terms of coefficient and not too far off taking over the Premier League. Dont just get sucked into SKYs bigging up of the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    How is the Bundesliga a 'fairly weak league'? 3rd in Uefa in terms of coefficient and not too far off taking over the Premier League. Dont just get sucked into SKYs bigging up of the Premier League.
    This.

La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga (even more so) are massively underrated. Most people don't watch Bundesliga, so they don't know anything outside of Bayern/Dortmund. All four German clubs have made it to the RO16..

ReputationRep:
    Colombia are above Brazil in the world rankings. Those sorts of tables have very little baring on reality, the Bundesliga is boosted because of Bayern and Dortmund's recent success in Europe but the mid table to low end of the table isn't anywhere near as strong as the premier league or la liga

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    This.

La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga (even more so) are massively underrated. Most people don't watch Bundesliga, so they don't know anything outside of Bayern/Dortmund. All four German clubs have made it to the RO16..
    Watch Bayer and Schalke get taken apart in the RO16 though. Possibly BVB also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Colombia are above Brazil in the world rankings. Those sorts of tables have very little baring on reality, the Bundesliga is boosted because of Bayern and Dortmund's recent success in Europe but the mid table to low end of the table isn't anywhere near as strong as the premier league or la liga

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well UEFA coefficients are more accurate than FIFA world rankings imo cause they dont take into account friendlies and they arent heavily weighted towards recent results, they take into account of all the last 5 years. Plus Colombia are a good team, that isnt even too weird.

I dont think there is much evidence that the lower prem is better than the lower bundesliga anyway. English performances in the Europa League have been poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Ha, Cheers I can't take clubs like Bayern and PSG seriously. They are playing in Mickey Mouse leagues. To the guy that said the German league was as good as the PL - I'm lol'ing. My message to Bayern players and Zlatan. Come to the Premier League, preferably a club like Manchester United and prove yourself.
    Did zlatan not prove himself when he single handedly spanked England with a worse team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Watch Bayer and Schalke get taken apart in the RO16 though. Possibly BVB also.
    BVB will be knocked out in the first leg while almost getting themselves into the tie in the second leg.

I hope they draw Juventus or Manchester City.

ReputationRep:
    1. Real
    2. Bayern
    3. Barcelona
    4. City
    5. Chelsea
    6. Atletico
    7. Juve
    8. PSG

Atletico would lose against City/Chelsea over 2 legs.

ReputationRep:
    Atlético beat Real over two legs this season in the supercup, beat Barca over two legs in the CL and last season went out on away goals in the supercup. It's very even tbh.

In terms of squad you'd say they're weaker though.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Bayern have a better squad than Real.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Real
    2. Chelsea
    3. Bayern
    4. Barca
    5. PSG
    6. Man City
    7. Atletico
    8. Sevilla

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Atletico Madrid
    PSG

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.